Attire in Turkey

Broon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Super Saints post in the new thread he has set up? what an idiot. I hope he didnt take his inspiration from the discussion between me and you, as when I said scummy brits abroad, I definitely didn't mean riots, fighting etc, I am 110% confident there will be none of that. My only worry was that people might in their, attempts to be friendly, accidentally insult some Turks, and maybe people might piss in unwelcome places. **** knows what super saint is on about

Those 2 Leeds fans taught me not to pish out of turn in Turkey!

Ronaldo you are missing the point. The Turkish boys never made an international incident out of it. They just politely informed you that certain members of the Turkish public wouldnt look too favourably on people wearing Fez's and assuming all Turks would love it. They didnt tell you not to wear it, they just offered their opinion as to how it would be received by some, and I don't think there was anything wrong with them doing that.

think you're missing the point. =>

- Nobody that was going to maybe wear a ez is going to because we now know that it is not considered frirndly as we thought.

- Nobody blamed them for pointing things out.

- In a previous post you generalise in your categorising of British people as scummy British which I wouldn't go near St,Johnstone with far less British people generally with (accepting there are a tiny percentage who attach themselves to some clubs);

- In a previous post you also hinted at the possibility that some of our supporters maybe being 'ignorant twats'.

When have we not respected our hosts on foreign trips?

- Nobody blamed them for pointing things out.

But you suggested they accused you of starting an international incident!?

- In a previous post you generalise in your categorising of British people as scummy British

Do you really believe that countries that British people go to en masse, e.g. the South of Spain, Turkey, Greece, or places like Amsterdam, they don't view Brits abroad as scummy? They absolutely do, and resent the fact that our love of binge drinking in the sun makes them so much money.

Anyhow, in light of Super Saint's idiocy I suggest we draw a line under the whole thing.

Doesn't this thread now paint Saints fans as wonderful people too. Joy.

Saints fans will go to Turkey and have a ball with zero incident or trouble guaranteed. The fans in this thread have even decided not to where a fez incase they cause slight offence. That shows that our fans are all about going, meeting some new fans and having a great time.

Fez's, camels etc. etc. people should have the gumption to spot when something is said in jest.

Anyway lets get back on topic.

Lads, lets not embarrass ourselves with replica tops.

As Shankly said, if you are not good enough to play for the team then you shouldnt be wearing replica shirts.

Is there anything more embarrassing than a fat fella wearing replica football shirts?

I am taking my kilt and an array of tailored t-shirts and shirts.

Cheers lads. Bring on Asia!

Behave yourself!

I'm wondering what's the prices over there for you average pint/meal/bottle of water? Cheeky question is there a McDs

Beer 50cl around 1.5€ from supermarkets if u go a pub 2.5€

Water 50cl 40 cents

Regular not fancy meal 7-8€

U will find mcds or bk but come on u should not eat american fast food in Turkey. There r a lot of different options here coz most of university students eat out at home which is cheaper then cook. Just find the street where the all bars, everything is there; beer, food etc

Water 50cl 40 cents

U will find mcds or bk but come on u should not eat american fast food in Turkey. There r a lot of different options here coz most of university students eat out at home which is cheaper then cook. Just find the street where the all bars, everything is there; beer, food etc

Brilliant. Sounds great and fairly well priced. A lot better than drawing a team from Norway and paying five to six pounds a pint.

Kebabs all the way :D

Water 50cl 40 cents

I fully agree DarknEss, no point in going abroad to a foreign country and not sample the local culture, especially food. Nae fast food for me when I'm over there!

If u want fast food try Turkish one. Find DONAS its a real turkish fast food in cheap way. They put doner kebap in pita bread and drink ayran with it. You will pay only 3-4€ but its fulfiling staff

Sounds good, though I should have maybe explained that "Nae" is Scots for "No"

In other words "No fast food for me when I'm over there" :)