Players Home Shirts

I have in my possession the home shirts and signed photographs of the two players the club sponsored this season aka Paddy Cregg and Gary Miller. My intention if no one objects, is to get the shirts framed with the signed photographs placed inside and then have them put on the wall at Barossa Street St Johnstone Supporters Club for all to see.

We also have in our possession Rowan Vine's signed away shirt. As he wasn't sponsored by the supporters club my preference would be to auction his shirt at a later date at some function or on an away bus.

Am willing to listen and take on board any sensible suggestions from fellow supporters.

Regards

Chairman

• 2 weeks later...

"a donation" ????

what does that mean, £30 or the like ????

its the close season, a lot of people are away on holiday and whatever, and "a donation" has been grabbed for a very popular players away top, pathetic, in my opinion, short termism at it its finest.

a little subject for next weeks AGM, who the hell decided to grab "a donation"

The Rowan Vine away top never belonged to the supporters club. The person who obtained it was willing to part with it if a donation was made towards next seasons bus funds and I am about to do so at the AGM. There is no secrecy involved and if you can make the AGM I will discuss it with you then. And you know what you can do with your short termism, Mr Teamwork !

In my experience these shirts tend to go for around £200, can the Chairman confirm the amount received for the shirt please ?? and surely the better way to maximise revenue from the shirt would have been to put it to auction or raffle ???

Would I be correct in thinking Dan Shek donated the shirt ???? he was certainly claiming at the end of the last game to have it.

I,m not making an issue of it, but, isn't the whole point of the Barossa set up to maximise fund raising ??? it seems the shirt issue has been handled very poorly, correct me if I,m wrong.

Firstly, I do not intend getting into a slagging match with either sixtees saintee nor Teamwork.

Dan Shek never donated anything.

A fellow committee member and myself put up the money to sponsor the two players last season plus rather than use club funds to frame these, I will be paying for that too. So along with the donation and cost of framing the club will not be losing out.

I am well aware how much can be made from auctioning such items but the shirt didn't belong to the supporters club in the first place.

I only started this topic to keep members of the We are Perth Barossa Street Supporters up to date with what was happening as there was quite a gap between our last monthly meeting and the AGM.

As the constitution states, we will continue to raise funds for the development of youth at St Johnstone FC.

Regards

Chairman

In my experience these shirts tend to go for around £200, can the Chairman confirm the amount received for the shirt please ?? and surely the better way to maximise revenue from the shirt would have been to put it to auction or raffle ???

Would I be correct in thinking Dan Shek donated the shirt ???? he was certainly claiming at the end of the last game to have it.

I,m not making an issue of it, but, isn't the whole point of the Barossa set up to maximise fund raising ??? it seems the shirt issue has been handled very poorly, correct me if I,m wrong.

==================================================================================================================

i am not making an issue of it but i am sure you had binned the wap/barossa concept and were only dealing with the football club direct.am i right or am i not.

"a donation" ????

what does that mean, £30 or the like ????

its the close season, a lot of people are away on holiday and whatever, and "a donation" has been grabbed for a very popular players away top, pathetic, in my opinion, short termism at it its finest.

a little subject for next weeks AGM, who the hell decided to grab "a donation"

I can assure all of the contributors and viewers of this post that the Chairman (Stewart Morrison) did not act in any way to the detriment of the Barossa Street Club with regards the "value" received for this top.

The Chairman phoned me to advise that someone had expressed an interest in the top and would a donation be considered for same, he asked me if this was acceptable and I said yes as long as the donation went to the Barossa Street bus fund.

The relevancy of this is of course, it was my decision to make as I obtained the shirt at a St Johnstone function and I found it necessary to do with it what I liked.

If anyone wishes to further this topic please be in contact with me directly

Ricky Marshall

Ricky !!! as I mentioned to Roy in a previous post, I consider my butt well and truly kicked on this subject, you,ll hear no more from me on the matter, as I,m no longer a fully paid up member, so its nothing to do with me, I,m surprised no one has come out directly and told me to keep my freaking beak out !!!, 

I,ll still buy you a beer next time I,m up !!  :wink:   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...