Spartak Trnava

Cleveland-Saint

Doing some research -apparently SHANDY used to be the Slovakian national anthem.( It is now illegal to sing it in some parts of Slovakia uless accompanied by a drum !!) 

It is also the mating call of the great blue breasted scooter swan found only in this part of Slovakia and latterly in some parts of Switzerland and at Tebay Services.

Booked up  wed 6 aug Edin   to   Stanstead  flight no 234 easyjet  10.15 edin-   11.35  stanstead    depart stanstead 15.30  arrive Prague 18.20   flight no 1013   Ryanair         return Prague 18.20 dep   edin 19.45  Jet2       Not booked hotel yet but probably staying in Bratislava                                                                                                

Two of us booked Ryanair from Manchester, leaving Wed morning 6:30am and land back Friday evening (driving to Manchester from Edinburgh about 11pm Tuesday night, 2 spare seats in car if anyone else decides to go), price about £240 per person, only downside stop at Charleloi on way back for 8 hours, but so be it.

Thinking off staying in Bratislava Wed/Thursday night, but have considered staying both nights at Zlate Moravce, but not making much head way with the train timetables, so will probably try to get back to Bratislava after the game (bus/train/taxi etc, if anyone needs extra passengers or share a taxi to cut costs just PM me) as flight home is 9:20am Friday Morning and don't want to miss it being stuck in rural Slovakia

Two of us booked Ryanair from Manchester, leaving Wed morning 6:30am and land back Friday evening (driving to Manchester from Edinburgh about 11pm Tuesday night, 2 spare seats in car if anyone else decides to go), price about £240 per person, only downside stop at Charleloi on way back for 8 hours, but so be it.

Thinking off staying in Bratislava Wed/Thursday night, but have considered staying both nights at Zlate Moravce, but not making much head way with the train timetables, so will probably try to get back to Bratislava after the game (bus/train/taxi etc, if anyone needs extra passengers or share a taxi to cut costs just PM me) as flight home is 9:20am Friday Morning and don't want to miss it being stuck in rural Slovakia

LOTS OF US STAYING BRATISLAVA ON WEDS NIGHT

So let's get a bus from Bratislava to the game, make them wait then bring us all back.

????

Worth coming out of WAP Retirement to comment on the thread.

I am flying Birmingham to Bratislava Thursday 850 am. This will cost about £240 return unless it's gone up. It's just myself and son. We have 5 seats in my car which will be leaving Dundee about midnight on Wednesday.

Anyone wanting to catch on, is more than welcome. At the minute I have booked an overnight stay Thursday in zlate (assuming) and Bratislava on Friday. The flight is a late one on Saturday.

I will need to sleep at some point, as I am driving through nights both times. Quite happy to do it, but I will be an unsociable bunny on both the Friday and Saturday. My bairn is only 11 so I will take him round museums and such but if there was a couple at least you would have each other's company.

It appears the only way to get to zlate, and not miss the game is a taxi around midday when flight arrives. This will cost £60, again there is two spaces in the car.

I will be using public transport to get to Bratislava on the Friday so you will need fend for yourself. Very cheap btw but with no time restrictions, no issue.

Obviously getting from Birmingham is fine as I will be driving.

If you don't get me on here. Mike Stewart PT on facebook.

3 of us booked up at £251 each, including add ons, from Edinburgh to Prague on Monday 4th August.

Heading for Bratislava on 6th, to  spend the night there, before travelling up to the game on Thursday 7th.

Travel back to Prague for flight back at 18.20 courtesy Jet2.

3 of us booked up at £251 each, including add ons, from Edinburgh to Prague on Monday 4th August.

Heading for Bratislava on 6th, to  spend the night there, before travelling up to the game on Thursday 7th.

Travel back to Prague for flight back at 18.20 courtesy Jet2.

worked out how you getting to zlate yet? I'm in too late for the train. Well, there is one at 1300 but I'm no risking something happening and being stuck. Meant arrive in zlate a out 4. A few connections.

I'm taxi from Bratislava. Be about £60. It can be made a people carrier for £70.

worked out how you getting to zlate yet? I'm in too late for the train. Well, there is one at 1300 but I'm no risking something happening and being stuck. Meant arrive in zlate a out 4. A few connections.

I'm taxi from Bratislava. Be about £60. It can be made a people carrier for £70.

Got to work out Prague to Bratislava yet. Public transport looks cheap. Got a whole day to get there. 

Then Bratislava to Zlate Moravce on match day.

Friday got most of the day to get to Prague for flight. 

Still bits of the jigsaw to complete. 

Edited by HOODLUM65

I'm contemplating the possibility of my first Saints away game in Europe! In Poland at the time of the away leg but only about a 5 hour train ride away from Bratislava. Would be up for a bus from Bratislava if someone were to organise one. Alternatively, would be up for travelling from Bratislava to the game with some friendly Saints fans so I don't get lost and have to phone my bird and tell her I might not make her brothers wedding on the Saturday...

Got to work out Prague to Bratislava yet. Public transport looks cheap. Got a whole day to get there. 

Then Bratislava to Zlate Moravce on match day.

Friday got most of the day to get to Prague for flight. 

Still bits of the jigsaw to complete. 

http://ikvc.slovakrail.sk/internetIKVCWeb/pageFlow/connection/searchConnection.do