Proposed Move To The Corinna

THE LARK SAINT

Some of you may have heard the rumours   allready so i  can now confirm that we have been approached by  the Management at the Corinna  to move our group .

Ricky Marshall and i met with them last Wednesday to hear what was on offer and to be frank we were both blown away by  what is on the table.

In short.

Full use of the premises including 120 capacity function suite(Including Saturdays , which are difficult at the Club

Permisssion to decorate with St.Johnstone memorabilia

Chlidren allowed until 9.30 PM

Full assisatance in selling and promoting events  including ticketing

Food before and  after  games

Four figure sposorship per season

Sponsorship   of  a  bus per season

It is with a heavy heart i put this proposal forward but 3 years ago  when i was persuaded to join and then to be first to take the Chair  i had so many visions of how life would be at the Saints Club,  without going into great detail here, and you will all have your views but for me  the dream just never came  and  i find the Club soulless  and often unwelcoming, we have also   had  a bit of a battle with lots going against us and our vision and  personally it has never really worked

Further more the Committe of the Saints Club met earlier this year to have an EGM to close the Club which was only halted at the 11th hour, some of us believe that this may happen again soon

The Committe met the day after Ricky and i had our meeting with the Corinna and we voted 9-1 in fovour of taking this forward

So now it is up  to you

Please feel free to discuss on here  and everyone is welcome to our next open meeting on Thursday 20th November in the Club at 8 pm

Cheers

Gav Stewart

Chairman

weareperthbarossasaints

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Gav, we did not vote 9 to 1 in favour of taking this forward, we voted 9 to 1 in favour of having a debate about it on WAP, nothing more. I have not been in the Corrina for over 30 yrs so have no idea what it is like these days,look forward to hearing a few views. Can you also confirm for the record if The Saints club were approached for funding, WAP has put a lot of money over the bar they would be mad to say as it would not survive without us.they would be mad to say no!

Nothing to do with the Rangers fans for me, Ally and some of the others have been members since it opened. Decent guys supporting their team.

Decent guys supporting their team is one thing.

A St Johnstone Supporters Club with the bar emblazoned with Rangers scarves and surreptitious union flags is another.

Decent guys supporting their team is one thing.

A St Johnstone Supporters Club with the bar emblazoned with Rangers scarves and surreptitious union flags is another.

Which is probably another reason to get as many members of the Barossa Saints committee onto the club committee rather than concede we cannot do anything about it.

Ancient - wholeheartedly agree: there needs to be saintees on the board of the ST JOHNSTONE supporters club.

Your point about Rangers fans being in other pubs is fine, and relevant. However, at no other pub or social club in Perth do you see such displays of Rangers stuff.

Fair enough having supporters of other teams in the clubby, but it's first and foremost a Saints club. You wouldn't get Aberdeen scarves displayed prominently in the Celtic club on London Road, nor Dundee United stuff in a Hibs supporters club.

I'm happy to draft a letter to the chairman of the club to request display of St Johnstone memorabilia in the bar or/and display of other teams' scarves in order to seem more inclusive. I'll have it as a "We the undersigned" and state the risk of lost revenue if the WAP Barossa changes to the WAP Corinna.

Sick of going in and getting non-funny "banter" fae the h-uns that drink in there. I've got the wit to give as good as I get, but others (or, and I realise I run the risk of being labeled sexist, ladies) may feel intimidated by such shyte patter.

Ancient - wholeheartedly agree: there needs to be saintees on the board of the ST JOHNSTONE supporters club.

Your point about Rangers fans being in other pubs is fine, and relevant. However, at no other pub or social club in Perth do you see such displays of Rangers stuff.

Fair enough having supporters of other teams in the clubby, but it's first and foremost a Saints club. You wouldn't get Aberdeen scarves displayed prominently in the Celtic club on London Road, nor Dundee United stuff in a Hibs supporters club.

I'm happy to draft a letter to the chairman of the club to request display of St Johnstone memorabilia in the bar or/and display of other teams' scarves in order to seem more inclusive. I'll have it as a "We the undersigned" and state the risk of lost revenue if the WAP Barossa changes to the WAP Corinna.

Sick of going in and getting non-funny "banter" fae the h-uns that drink in there. I've got the wit to give as good as I get, but others (or, and I realise I run the risk of being labeled sexist, ladies) may feel intimidated by such shyte patter.

Agree with your points .

Until x amount of St.Johnstone supporters return to the club I feel its going to be a lost cause as the wap Barossa Street committee do not appear willing enough to fight (not literally) to regain the premises and have a Committee that has -as you say- the will to change the club around rather than sitting back and letting it go down the tubes completely.

After speak to a some saints about why they don't use the barossa bus or the come to the club is cause of the attitude towards them from the bar man and the rangers fans that are in theresolution 

SOLUTION 

Those who want to drink in the Corrina can do so and those who want to drink elsewhere can also do so and the bus can pick everyone up at some point -that way those who want to remain at Barossa street can do so .

No need to shift the whole caboodle.

With heavy heart when I heard about this I fully Support the Committee in whatever decision they come to , having been involved along the way with Sam and the Aid club raising Funds and with Saints support the Barrosa club came to Fruition in the very early 70s, I think Sam would be fully behind any decision to help and improve Saints support. after all he did it for decades and did it for the love of his CLUB.

If other people do not like it the Remedy is in there hands and very simple use the club regularly and support the Committee. 

• 1 month later...