Election Fever May 2015

ancientsaint

It is, as they say, fairly obvious. When Scotland vote for to kick out Labour it will hand power back to Cameron unless there is one big change of heart by Ed. Jimmy Krankie, sorry Nicola Sturgeon, is his only chance of ever getting the gig. She is much more palatable than Salmond and I actually like her but any coalition is as unlikely as Conservative ever forming one with Lib Dems..............................................................

It is, as they say, fairly obvious. When Scotland vote for to kick out Labour it will hand power back to Cameron unless there is one big change of heart by Ed. Jimmy Krankie, sorry Nicola Sturgeon, is his only chance of ever getting the gig. She is much more palatable than Salmond and I actually like her but any coalition is as unlikely as Conservative ever forming one with Lib Dems..............................................................

Another one who has bought the 'vote SNP get Tory' line hook, line and sinker I see.

The SNP have said they'll vote down a Tory's queen speech. If labour do likewise and have more seats than they have more seats than the Tories, they can't get back in.

We're voting for the make up of a Parliament, not the Government. Labour MPs being replaced with SNP MPs makes it less likely that labour will get a majority (the chances of that look pretty slim regardless) but there will still be the same number to vote down the Tories, if labourt actually show some back bone.

Can't really get excited about politics. I decide on the issue rather than the dogma.

For example, I believe the stronger members of society should pay more tax to support the weaker ones.

I also believe that business and markets work best when govt don't interfere and tie them up in red tape.

To me, individual rights are very important and free speech should be sacred.

Finally, I think an independent Scotland would have a wonderful opportunity to build a better society.

No courage in your convictions then.

Sixties, get more in to Greek politics....you wouyld love it. The amount of "champagne communists" here, rearing there ugly heads every week is astonishing. "Power for the people" whilst they relax at the weekend around their villas and private pools. It always make me think of Arthur Scargill in his Barbican luxury apartment paid for by the out of work coal miners. I dont know why I think this :rolleyes:         

:laugh:  bloody immigrants, going over to Greece, taking their jobs.

Is there a GIP in Greece? would you vote for them?

Unlike all the Polaks and Gypsies that voted for or against Scottish Independance last year when I wasnt allowed to. Greece are a bit more nationalisistic and honour their people. SO..I do not have a vote here which I completely understand and appreciate. Though very happy to contribute to their taxation system. Next question ????  

Unlike all the Polaks and Gypsies that voted for or against Scottish Independance last year when I wasnt allowed to. Greece are a bit more nationalisistic and honour their people. SO..I do not have a vote here which I completely understand and appreciate. Though very happy to contribute to their taxation system. Next question ????  

the polish community mostly voted no because of fear tactics from their employers.

I asked if you WOULD vote for them not if you could, so you didn't answer the question!!! you should be a politician with bulshit/answers like that :idea:

the polish community mostly voted no because of fear tactics from their employers.

I asked if you WOULD vote for them not if you could, so you didn't answer the question!!! you should be a politician with bulshit/answers like that :idea:

I didnt realise I was under a TV like political debate, apologies. I didnt request what way the ex eastern communities voted in my country's affairs but thanks for telling me.

But with respect to you, i will answer your question. Greece is much more nationalistic and protective of its borders than the UK. They have bad experiences of Balkan states and ex eastern european countries that have brought some very nastyorganised crime to Greece. They also have high unemployment (especially amongst the U25's) and though some Greeks flout this by employing Albanians, Romanians etc etc..in general., they have the attitude of jobs for Greeks. So NO, I wouldnt vote for a GIP as the tendency I believe would be VERY right wing. For exampel..tehre are no mosques in Greece to give you a flavour of feeling. Sid, which middle ground party are you wasting your vote on next month ??       

Do you pay your due Taxes, or do you use a Accountant ??? 

Do you know the way to San Jose ?

I dont like that song so much. It reminds me of losers who troop back to their sad homes with their tail between their legs after failing to get a job at the 'big" McDonalds.. Just my thoughts and probably not an election winner :wink:

Anyway, How is life in Perth  ??

Though I do think Bacharaach is a complete genuis.    

Edited by AthensSaint

I pay for and use the advice of an expert in the taxatio field. Doesnt everyone ?????   

Next question

So you are a tax avoider then.

If every one paid what they rightfully should, Instead off paying people to look for loopholes then the world would be a far better place to live in.

I dont like that song so much. It reminds me of losers who troop back to their sad homes with their tail between their legs after failing to get a job at the 'big" McDonalds.. Just my thoughts and probably not an election winner :wink:

Anyway, How is life in Perth  ??

Though I do think Bacharaach is a complete genuis.    

Scone to Manchester dont think Ancient has heard that one either

So you are a tax avoider then.

If every one paid what they rightfully should, Instead off paying people to look for loopholes then the world would be a far better place to live in.

Wasn't the high end taxation bracket under Labour in the Seventies around 80 % ???

I believe a lot of our most promising, bright people left the UK in droves at that time. 

I've paid tax in full all of my working life. The fact that Dame Thatcher gave it all back to me for being classed as a "non dom" wasnt advoidance but UK tax policy at the time :laugh:   

Wasn't the high end taxation bracket under Labour in the Seventies around 80 % ???

I believe a lot of our most promising, bright people left the UK in droves at that time. 

I've paid tax in full all of my working life. The fact that Dame Thatcher gave it all back to me for being classed as a "non dom" wasnt advoidance but UK tax policy at the time :laugh:   

Spin it any way you want mate still a dodger  :wink:

I've got to say the way the Tories and Labour are attacking the SNP (and now Scottish people in general) down south and the way the Media are lapping it up makes me quite uncomfortable. The huge level of anti-scottish sentiment we're seeing from down south is getting over the top. I'm all for Independence but I'd prefer it was on our terms, amicable and fair and because of a belief we can do better. I don't want Indepenence off the back of grievance and hatred. That's not healthy but that's the way its going. Scottish people have long memories and I for one am getting sick of being portrayed as some quasi-religious zealot who is too stupid and uneducated to make a decision on anything other than blind faith. 

This week Sturgeon has been described as the most dangerous Woman in the world and compared to King Herod. I mean **** me - she's hardly a serial killer is she?