Season 1984/85 memories

sleepless

17th november 1984

st.johnstone 1 forfar 1

scorers saints john sludden  (90 mins)

forfar jim liddle (56 mins)

lost jim baines after 27 min ,broken arm.substitute don mcvicar went in goal and he later dislocated his arm.joe reid was next in goal.alex caldwell went off at half time due to a hamstring injury,playing with ten men sludden headed the equaliser in the final minute.

the reserve keeper gordon drummond injured himself in the saturday morning training sesh.

crowd 1874 not counting the dudes that climbed in or watched from the ice rink windows.

Thanks all for your memories. Very useful. Keep'em coming. Here's an interesting thing (well, if you're a geek it is). This graph shows our home league attendances during that season. As you would expect they drop as the season progresses and relegation becomes a reality.

But the second chart shows our away attendances, and they rise during the season. Obviously, that may be more a reflection of the home team support than ours, but I just have a feeling that during that season a strong core of Saints fans were going to away matches, and I also suspect that the numbers grew.

Home.png

Away.png

Edited by sleepless
pictures didn't load

Sorry this is a few years off topic but didn't really need a new thread. 

Saints just tweeted about pre orders of a retro 81/82 home kit. Anyone know if and where we can still buy it

Sorry this is a few years off topic but didn't really need a new thread. 

Saints just tweeted about pre orders of a retro 81/82 home kit. Anyone know if and where we can still buy it

My Spazz is your man.