Livingston vs. Saints 13/01/07

Radford 72

Before I start i'll say I do not see the team as much as you guys so tell me if you feel differently!

Every time I have saw the Saints this season, We seem to play this rubbish long ball football, which involves James/Mcmanus/Anderson punting the ball for Savo/Peaso/Scotland having to head or chase after lost causes!

We do not play football as such only for breif spells where we do look good, and are we still aiming every corner and frre kick on James head??

Am undecided on Coyle as a manager, I feel dissapointed at the signings with his contacts, and the way in which we play!

On the whole though, are we doing any worse than previous mamgers Connelly and Stark??

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I start i'll say I do not see the team as much as you guys so tell me if you feel differently!

Every time I have saw the Saints this season, We seem to play this rubbish long ball football, which involves James/Mcmanus/Anderson punting the ball for Savo/Peaso/Scotland having to head or chase after lost causes!

We do not play football as such only for breif spells where we do look good, and are we still aiming every corner and frre kick on James head??

Am undecided on Coyle as a manager, I feel dissapointed at the signings with his contacts, and the way in which we play!

On the whole though, are we doing any worse than previous mamgers Connelly and Stark??

hit_nail_on_head.jpg

How long can this go on.Coyle has made a right hash of things. We have a crap,slow midfield & what does he do ,bring in a player that is even slower & more crap than we have.

Mensing & Hardie are never midfielders & after a good coulple of months Sheerin has reverted to his previous 2 seasons form.

I am the only one that thinks Coyle is making noises about lokking to bring in players in the window but has nothing in the pipeline as he has given all his mates their final payday. Where has his much vaunted contacts got us.

I think it is criminal that he has let Dobbie,Sheridan & Stevenson go without having anything lined up. He could also have recalled Moon but no, we are sleepwalking to disaster.

12 points of the top but only 13 off play off place.

The fat lady has sung.

I'm frankly gobsmacked at the some of the moaning on here based on that game today. The only winner was the weather, absolutely atrocious and no-one can play properly in that and because of it the result was a lottery. And as for calling them work-shy, absurd! was this comment from someone who fannyed about with the ball when we wanted it back in play quickly - the ballboys were getting slated for less!! :lol:

And if there was only 1900 in that stadium then I'm leo sayer - a definite case of tax dodging I think.... err allegedly.

I'm maybe slightly harsh with that comment (work-shy fops), but I do believe there were some who never gave 100% there today... not going for tackles when the ball is at the feet of the opposition, not closing down players, not chasing the chances etc etc... there was a lot of flattering to decieve... they were more up for it than us... again.

I'm frankly gobsmacked at the some of the moaning on here based on that game today. The only winner was the weather, absolutely atrocious and no-one can play properly in that and because of it the result was a lottery. And as for calling them work-shy, absurd! was this comment from someone who fannyed about with the ball when we wanted it back in play quickly - the ballboys were getting slated for less!! :lol:

And if there was only 1900 in that stadium then I'm leo sayer - a definite case of tax dodging I think.... err allegedly.

I agree with you.

Really hit the nail on the head with the result being a lottery comment. I enjoyed myself, I thought it was really entertaining.

The weather was ATROCIOUS today but considering that i thought we played some nice football in the first half and considering the fouls and efforts of Wanker number 3 for Livingston.

Livingston must have only scored with their 3 attacks of the game and we failed to capitalise - however, overall changes do need to be made Mr Coyle, not just based on todays performance.

When i was taking the 3-2-1 votes on the bus i couldn't believe the attitude of some folk - "Think i am voting for that pish" "They were shite" or the alternative "How would i know we stayed in the pub!" We were not THAT bad and played better than we have since before xmas IMO.

Livingston were lucky IMO but we are seriously struggling in the final 3rd and it's well documented that we are. I can't stand Jason Scotland's lazyness, even though i am convinced there was a scout there the day watching him and i am sick of Peaso's attitude also - he waits fort he ball to come to him, constantly watches his man then when the ball comes and his defender goes for it he falls over and expects the foul. everytime he plays that scenario happens. Now is the time to be starting Jackson if it means a few more of his colleagues who have "made it" "too good for SJFC" or "Coyle's favourites" to get their arses in gear. But this is more of a gripe in everyweek Saints - nott odays match.

If we play like that next week we should pump EIO Airdareee!

Oh, Hazel, we agree about so much.

Peter MacDonalds constant trying to win the foul infuriates me. He's a poorer player for it. It's blatant cheating coupled with the fact that he doesn't make it very convincing. I couldn't wait to get shot of him today, and I think that's a shame because he has the potential to be a big player for us.

I mean, it really annoys me. Nine times out of ten, it's actually him fouling the defender. Muppet.

Just as well Gretna could only draw today. Catching them still looks a tall order given our recent form, we desperatley need something different in the team but i cant see where its coming from.

Really doesn't matter about Gr£tna's result today CB,because the league was lost long ago,down at Gr£tna was the final nail in a forlorn season,when we gave them such an easy 3 points,almost our whole team lacks fight,character,pride,guidance-call it what you will,but it's been there for all to see,almost all season.Wish i could bring old threads back,'cause i said after the Forfar friendly,we wouldn't get out muscled in mid-field, but we would get out paced!Canny beleive two qualified coaches couldn't see that problem!! .So many less skillful teams are giving us problems because we have no engine room!

we were poor yesterday. fair do's we had a lot of the ball but we just dont have a clue what to do with it. ok we scored 2 goals but we didnt really have many chances overall. their first goal was a cracker and thats what we shouldve been trying second half, pinging in shots from distance because the conditions were there to take advantage of. coyle is gradually beginning to annoy me because although we have decent players, he doesnt seem to have the ability to get the best out of them and playing to thier full potential. livi were pish too, but the fact is that in 3 games we have yet to beat them

You build a team by bringing in players who are approaching their peak not those who are past their peak. Coyle with all his alleged contacts has only brought in players who are journeymen or worse. There has been no signing which looks forward to address the glaring inadequacies of the team.

Each week, the same culprits appear in the shirt, the same injured players play. What is the squad for? Why do the likes of Dyer, Jackson, Moon, Doris, McCallum NEVER appear at the start of a game (loanees I know).

Coyle needs to show he is a manager and not a friend of the players. The attitude and commitment for the rest of the season must improve or else the crowds will lead us part time football.

Coyle signed Willie McLaren, a young, pacey winger with a good goal record at a decent club. This player was booed against Clyde by Saints fans. You could also argue that Jason Scotland and Steven Milne are players approaching their prime, not to mention Simon Mensing who is still very young as well. :roll:

For Willie Dyer to start a match, Stanic would need to be sacrificed. Moon and McCallum are on loan, which you acknowledge. The only thing I'm inclined to agree on is Jackson, but then he's rated and will get his chance. Right now, I don't think he's screaming "give me the place over the other strikers". I think he's useful coming off of the bench though.

Put it this way - when the pretty much guaranteed starters like Sheerin, Hardie, James, McManus, Stanic and McInnes playing your average age of the squad is going to be fairly high!!

That isn't high though?

I'd say that was a really good balance that Coyle has got. The only problem with our team is we lack a really creative, pacey midfielder. But just how in demand must players like that be?

Owen Coyle new year letter to geoff

Please Mr Brown can i have

1 Goalkeeper who saves everyting and catches everything

1 Midfielder who is creative

&

1 Striker who works his ass of and scored goals

we dont have to money or the attraction to bring a player listed about to us, The only person i can say we got when we should never of got is Matt Glenon but it worked out for him and he is now playing at a higher level