Un-banning Petition

perthsaint1884

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the point of giving folk "one last chance" - is it not the case (at least I think the press said it was at the time) that some of the banned 22 were already on a final warning over their behaviour?

Maybe in the eyes of the club, but none of the people who were banned were previously warned that this would be the result of any future incident.

Just saw on the signatures that someone has swore and someone else mentioned Duff.

That's not going to help these guys at all, if anything that will only back up the idea to ban them.

Keep it sensible otherwise theres no point in continuing with this.

Just saw on the signatures that someone has swore and someone else mentioned Duff.

That's not going to help these guys at all, if anything that will only back up the idea to ban them.

Keep it sensible otherwise theres no point in continuing with this.

Im trying to find a way to delete those particular comments, anybody know how to?

I have not looked here www.petitiononline.com/SJFC1884/petition.html

and therefore have not signed the petition.

This is due to the above post by the author of this thread.

Thats fine, didn't expect everybody to, got 87 people signed so far, not too bad, although that post actually does seem bad now that i re-read it, the reason we were standing shouting was we were going past a pub that leads to the taxi ranks and they threw bottles and glasses at us, then we shouted, police came, that was it. No punches thrown or anything like that, just glasses and bottles from them

I'm personally unsure whether to sign or not - I definitely think SOME don't deserve to be banned, am not sure about everybody. I can see how folk can take the stance "no smoke without fire", but I just can't help think Saints have just banned everyone because they were in the vicinity - now I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'd be a bit pissed off if I was there, stood at the back of the group and not got involved, and been charged/banned even though I'd done feck all.

Like I said, I don't know if anyone actually stood back and did nothing, but whether they did or not doesn't seem to matter to Saints, who just seemed to indiscriminately ban everyone because they were taken from the ground.

I don't doubt some of the 22 deserve to be banned, but I can't help think that some probably don't.

Ok i'll admit i have given perthsaint1884 a slightly hard time on a different thread, but really if people are going to sign your petition and you are seriously thinking about handing it to the football club, i would get people when they are making comments to make them decent ones, i'm sure the club wont appreciate being sworn at.

But good luck anyway, i wont be signing it as i feel you could go about this in a far more constructive way.

Thats fine, didn't expect everybody to, got 87 people signed so far, not too bad, although that post actually does seem bad now that i re-read it, the reason we were standing shouting was we were going past a pub that leads to the taxi ranks and they threw bottles and glasses at us, then we shouted, police came, that was it. No punches thrown or anything like that, just glasses and bottles from them

Sorry perthsaint18884, I deleted my post just after I posted it, but after having a rethink I have not changed my mind.

I also feel that there must be another way of dealing with the issue you and the others find yourselves in.

Slowhand - I put on the topic i would prefer it not to be slated on here so shoosht.

Perthandproud, i completely understand that and i have been trying to remove some of the comments but cant :evil:

Dunc yea i know what you mean, im considering not using this at all but its a good thing for a back-up just now to show some people do think we should be allowed back, im going to speak to the club about everything else first to get it all sorted.

I'm all for letting those that have apologised to SJFC back after just about a year but equally I'm all for eliminating casuals from Saints, Scottish football and world football. They think they are football fans.

SJFC have been advised by the police and so we don't know all the facts.

I've signed to let them back unless there has been something extreme which hasn't been mentioned on here.