Youth News

soccerchic

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Johnstone U17 9 - 3 Alloa U17

Last game of the U17 league season.

Robson (2), Reynolds (2), Norrie, Durnan, McIntosh, Sheilds, May...I think. Kinda lost count in the 2nd half.

And I think that means they get their 100 goals, Fred? Absolutely tremendous achievement on top of winning the title. Congrats to all the lads, TC, PS and everyone else involved.

Hopefully all the lads, both full-time and part-time, can be paraded on the pitch next week.

When do the U19 League Cup games start?

St Johnstone U17 9 - 3 Alloa U17

Last game of the U17 league season.

Robson (2), Reynolds (2), Norrie, Durnan, McIntosh, Sheilds, May...I think. Kinda lost count in the 2nd half.

And dont forget Alloa were in second place and had only lost perhaps 3 matches themselves all season!

Wee Johnny?

Still mind Kevin James instructions too that lad on our last reserve game against Arbroath.

"Johnny son, back if you need me"

"Johnny, use your head son, get in there son, heed it"

"Stay on your feet johnny, stay up" *johnny piledrives a slide tackle that knocks the ball off the arbroath player and out for our throw in*

"KEVS" * James before heading the ball 50 yards up field.

apart from reynolds, who else looks like a promising player who can step up?

At this age (16 years old) any one of them could step up (if they get and take the break/opportunity, which is more often or not the determining factor). Look at Hibs, Motherwell and Dundee for example - would they have produced so many good young players if they had not gone into administration a few years back and had to play the youngsters?

The 16 y/o's have a great deal of developing to do yet both physically and maturity - and it may not be the currently obvious ones who make the break through as the team is actually strong in all departments, not just at scoring goals.

Ask the same question in a couple of years...

At this age (16 years old) any one of them could step up (if they get and take the break/opportunity, which is more often or not the determining factor). Look at Hibs, Motherwell and Dundee for example - would they have produced so many good young players if they had not gone into administration a few years back and had to play the youngsters?

The 16 y/o's have a great deal of developing to do yet both physically and maturity - and it may not be the currently obvious ones who make the break through as the team is actually strong in all departments, not just at scoring goals.

Ask the same question in a couple of years...

Good points Fred.

This is precisely the age when boys go off the rails, and look back in 20 years time and say they could have made it.

There is a whole combination of things involved to succeed from here on in,

Injury free, attitude, commitment and sacrifice, as well as eating the right things and staying off booze...... And finally Luck, lots of it!

But given all these factors, i agree that any of the boys in the squad can make it.

will that still be on? the first team could not train on the astro today because of the snow according to the official site. unless they are still working on clearig it now.

The game was played last night and it turned out to be very entertaining. 0-0 at half time with the U17's creating several good chances taking the lead through Stevie May mid way through the second half before conceding 3 late goals. A scoring draw would have been a fair result IMO. Good work out for both teams an entertaining game to watch.