Post split fixtures.

Cagey

15 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

That United game is absolutely huge now. If the club are ever going to try to do something different to get a big home support in when it's most needed, surely it's now or never? Do nothing and United will end up filling the usual away sections plus the Ormond Stand.

If it's a reduced ticket price that has to be for the away fans too.

I can see a big crowd either way but at the end of the day it's down to the players on the pitch. This is going to be a real nervy affair. We cannot lose this!

On 4/25/2023 at 9:43 AM, Cagey said:

Sky sports will want a meaningfully OF game . That can only be the first game after the split but that would be the game that Celtic win the title but the authorities can have that at Ibrox.

Can only assume that is what the hold up is.

Just typed a big long speel and it crashed out. Don't know if it was site or Google.

I think playing Dundee United in the first game is the best result. They have won three on the bounce. Hopefully the weekend off will break that momentum, but also give a little chance for the pressure to build on them. 

I think the two week break will benefit us. It was sensible for MacLean not to make too many changes when he had 5 days to prepare the team. But he now has a nice break to train the players into his ways and get the side moving. Dundee United, the form team of our rivals, will be a little unprepared for what we are going to throw at them.

I always think with these breaks that teams on a winning run can struggle to identify their weaknesses to work on, whereas teams on a winless run know where to concentrate. It might only be one free weekend, but with the new fixture list it might break the strides of teams a little.

11 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Who ever loses are in deep deep do do!  

I agree Smarmy. I have serious concerns about the way these fixtures and results will ramp up the tension and in turn the quality of the games we are going to see over the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I agree Smarmy. I have serious concerns about the way these fixtures and results will ramp up the tension and in turn the quality of the games we are going to see over the next few weeks.

Yep, don't expect much quality over the next while.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Feeling confident?

I know I'm not. 😁

Not at all confident, but hopeful.  Our big players are at least starting to look interested and motivated. The fixtures are as good as we could have got, Kille and county at home Saints in Perth, would have been my pick.