Train to Hampden? Watering hole?

sjfcgs

Was talking to a friendly DI from Strathclyde today and seems the polis have applied to have al the pubs in Glasgow closed until 12:00 as it is an Old Firm team that are playing. They are also having polis patrolling the trains and stations and anyone with booze on them will be arrested.

Be careful, we want as many fans as possible to be at Hampden, not in the Sheriff Court on Monday morning - not sure if I would be able to come along and give you all a good reference either :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are also having polis patrolling the trains and stations and anyone with booze on them will be arrested.

seriosly?? My mate who is a hibs fan, was enjoying a carry out outside a pub by hampden on the day of the cis final, he was approached by the police, they didn't arrest him, just took the carry out off him. Are these measures in place because we are playing one of the 'bigot brothers' or beacuse of the early kick off? Either way i'm not impressed!!

surely you can go an hour or two without alcohol???

besides, if you are sober at the game you'll remember so much more of the day! :P:cool::mrgreen:

heck.... I'm sounding more and more like Victor. sorry folks :oops:

S-T-E-A-D-Y Mike...When did you see me advocating sobriety???! Terrible state to be in!:shock:

I can certainly go for an hour or two on saturday without alcohol. 4am to 6am should about do it.

you get that before every scotland game aswell and usually the polis are nowhere to be seen.

But all the celtic fans are watching Ireland and Rangers fans watching Engerland at this point so there's never a problem!!! We all know how friendly the TA are so there's no need to bother policing it!

Was dropping Mrs TS off at Perth station the morning of (I think) the Scotland v France game and the police were being very vigilant and were checking all bottles, especially Irn Bru, and were sniffing the contents if the seal was already broken.

They had more booze confiscated than went a begging in Gretna on Saturday night :D

Can i ask why your allowed to drink normally on Treains, but not on days like these, bit double standard is it not??

Because a minority spoil it for the majority - if all football fans could be trusted to behave themselves whilst drinking, we'd all be allowed to drink on the train (and also at matches), but sadly that's not the case. That's not the police's fault.

Because a minority spoil it for the majority - if all football fans could be trusted to behave themselves whilst drinking, we'd all be allowed to drink on the train (and also at matches), but sadly that's not the case. That's not the police's fault.

Thats not their fault, but what is their fault is taking the easy way out and introducing a blanket ban instead of sorting out the trouble makers and letting the rest of us, ie the vast majority, enjoy ourselves.

Thats not their fault, but what is their fault is taking the easy way out and introducing a blanket ban instead of sorting out the trouble makers and letting the rest of us, ie the vast majority, enjoy ourselves.

Hear hear... anyone with half a brain can generally spot problems a mile off and intercept... the clue why they wont is be in the point I made!!