St.Johnstone V Motherwell 21st October

SaintJet

Been a wee while since I started a thread so with new hope I thought I'd get discussion about our game with 'Well underway.

Another decent performance in Aberdeen has given some hope that we might have made a significant turn and if we can get that first win we really would have something positive to hang on to.

Desperatley need that win and it's going to be a tricky match against Motherwell who have been in good form since Kettlewell has been in charge.

Keep an eye on the weather for this one - updates from local patrons appreciated over the next couple of days.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Been a wee while since I started a thread so with new hope I thought I'd get discussion about our game with 'Well underway.

Another decent performance in Aberdeen has given some hope that we might have made a significant turn and if we can get that first win we really would have something positive to hang on to.

Desperatley need that win and it's going to be a tricky match against Motherwell who have been in good form since Kettlewell has been in charge.

Keep an eye on the weather for this one - updates from local patrons appreciated over the next couple of days.

Grass cutter will still water the pitch.

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm 100% certain Theo Bair scores in this. 😆

100% he does, I have already got him in as scorer in the prediction league haha 

I did just read on the BBC website that Clark will be rushed straight into the team, will be interesting if he plays him upfront by himself or will have May or Jephcott just behind him?

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd love to see May and Clark reunite their successful partnership if both are looking fit and sharp. Not convinced Clark is going to start just yet though.

They did look good last season where we had a spell of actually looking dangerous up front.

We just need to ensure we give them some decent service.

I'd be shocked if this went ahead.

Not only because of the weather affecting the pitch, but also the fact that it'd be dangerous to travel from other parts of the country.

We have supporters that travel in from all over the place, Motherwell will as well.

It might be a bit early to say this on Thursday evening, but looking outside as it is now, and checking the forecasts, including the red warning which basically says, don't travel unless absolutely necessary, I feel the only responsible thing to do would be to postpone it.

And do it early so people don't make unnecessary plans.

However, if it does go ahead, the weather might have a say in it somehow.

Hoping for improvement with players like Clark coming back.

And yes, I wouldn't be shocked if Theo finally got a goal in Perth.

We need to start winning and get some momentum going.

A narrow victory will do fine, 2-1 or something similar.

There was plenty warning that Babet was coming . I would have thought they would have put covers down but doubt it.

I think the yellow and Amber warning are only hitting the edge of Perth and the rain today was not torrential.

With it also being windy it might help to dry out the pitch.

The weather south of Perth hasn't been too bad so I don't think it will effect the crowd and trains etc will be running again by Saturday.

7 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Weather and conditions throughout St.Andrews and Dundee area pretty atrocious. If Dundee were home tomorrow I doubt they would be playing tomorrow.

What's the latest through in Perth?

Pretty wild out there today, although it seems to be forecast to clear up a bit tomorrow?

Courier has reported this morning that the pitch is holding up well, though as @Gekko says above it's maybe more likely the travel situation that could kill the game.

If it was being played today I'd say no chance, but as it's tomorrow I'd think there's still a reasonable possibility of it being on?

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

There was plenty warning that Babet was coming . I would have thought they would have put covers down but doubt it.

I think the yellow and Amber warning are only hitting the edge of Perth and the rain today was not torrential.

With it also being windy it might help to dry out the pitch.

The weather south of Perth hasn't been too bad so I don't think it will effect the crowd and trains etc will be running again by Saturday.

Now a met office yellow warning til mid day tomorrow. Not so confident now as it is still gusty and persistent rain. Wild at times.

45 minutes ago, glenrothes saintee said:

Couldn’t have been long after their initial update saying game was still on. It is, however, the correct decision to postpone, not worth folk risking their lives trying to get to the game. 

Yeah ,strange to see game on and game postponed side by side on OS.

I wonder who made the decision. Does it have to be SPFL , referees inspection or do Saints just consult with opponents.

Right decision but we might think differently tomorrow at 3pm.

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I wonder who made the decision. Does it have to be SPFL , referees inspection or do Saints just consult with opponents.

There is now a Red Warning for all day Saturday covering Tayside.  Police advice as always is do not travel, match off became a given.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Think the police had a big say on the game being postponed with travel situation being what it is 

1 hour ago, Nobodyshero said:

Think the police had a big say on the game being postponed with travel situation being what it is 

Yeah , confirmed that it was SPFL in discussion with police that called the games off , which surprises me that County game still on.