St.Johnstone V Motherwell - Saturday 27th January

SaintJet

Good to get another game so quickly after Wednesday to see if we can continue some momentum.

I'm hoping to see the same starting line up as Wednesday with maybe Clark on the bench.

Would like to see us win this game and start moving away from the economy end of the league in to premium economy.

A big three points this is a game we can’t afford to lose, we need the boys to show the same fight from the second half against the sheep.

Would love to see us score a goal or two in the first half for a change.

COYS

12 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

A big three points this is a game we can’t afford to lose, we need the boys to show the same fight from the second half against the sheep.

COYS

We can t afford to lose therefore Levein ball football. 

Please let the players play like they did in second half on Wednesday. 

17 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

COYS

I was just saying to the guy I sit with that we never come out the traps do we? We always feel our way in to a game and pick up momentum near the last part of the game.

It would be nice to get a good start I agree.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I was just saying to the guy I sit with that we never come out the traps do we? We always feel our way in to a game and pick up momentum near the last part of the game.

We did against Killie and Well at home - problem was that the fitness levels were that poor they couldn't keep it up for the whole 90. Hopefully thats rectified. 

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Would starting the same 11 two matches in a row help that?

I’ll be really disappointed if he tinkers with Keltjens, Robinson, Sprangler or Jaiyesimi.

If he makes any changes it HAS to be to strengthen the starting 11. None of this tinkering with shape or playing a player to nullify an opposition player, our position is too precarious. We need consistency and momentum.

The only two players that would strengthen us would be Kerr Smith coming in for Liam Gordon or Nicky Clark for Graham Carey but neither are up to speed.

1 hour ago, templeofsaints said:

We did against Killie and Well at home - problem was that the fitness levels were that poor they couldn't keep it up for the whole 90. Hopefully thats rectified. 

Killie and Motherwell first half were Clellands teams and we were 2_0 up against Well till Levein \Kirk took over at half time.

We do not have to fear any team in this league apart from OF but Levein is safety first. The occasional draw at home will not keep us in this league.

2 minutes ago, SJFCTT4ME said:

I would be dropping him on the grounds he was an empty jersey v Aberdeen.

Benji would be a better starter as he looks like he can actually play as a Striker.

THAT is your first post… oooft!  Welcome to Perth Benjamin.

Jaiyesimi’s stats from Wednesday would suggest that your observation is unfounded. But for a tremendous save from Roos and a better weighted through ball he would have scored two on Wednesday night. 

3 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Just think Clark is sharper in front of goal. 

DJ did the hard work against Aberdeen missed a couple of chances, but don’t think would have got the same from Clark, great penalty box striker but the way we are set up he’s redundant up front on his own and looked a bit heavy at Airdrie where his first touch was a pass, big DJ can control a ball.

53 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

DJ did the hard work against Aberdeen missed a couple of chances, but don’t think would have got the same from Clark, great penalty box striker but the way we are set up he’s redundant up front on his own and looked a bit heavy at Airdrie where his first touch was a pass, big DJ can control a ball.

Totally agree. Clark up on his own in this formation would be a terrible decision. Clark in for Carey and play him as a partner to DJ would work though.

I think Carey is a Levein favourite though so virtually undroppable if fit.

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Totally agree. Clark up on his own in this formation would be a terrible decision. Clark in for Carey and play him as a partner to DJ would work though.

The only problem with that is who would supply the support for the two strikers. 

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Think the issue with playing with 5 at the back is we make wingers redundant and rely on the wingbacks which up till now are hopeless in brown and Gallagher, so a winger type like Carey are used as this number 10 type role, and thus don’t have 2 up top, we do lack width as our wingbacks have been poor thus not many chances are created, square pegs etc….. but always thought Carey was a player, easy target for a few months, has his flaws but at the moment is our only real game changer.

36 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Think the issue with playing with 5 at the back is we make wingers redundant and rely on the wingbacks which up till now are hopeless in brown and Gallagher, so a winger type like Carey are used as this number 10 type role, and thus don’t have 2 up top, we do lack width as our wingbacks have been poor thus not many chances are created, square pegs etc….. but always thought Carey was a player, easy target for a few months, has his flaws but at the moment is our only real game changer.

Robinson and Keltjens are a considerable upgrade on Brown and Gallagher.

Totally agree on Carey, he is someone who can create a chance out of nothing and he has grown on me. However I think given Robinson and Keltjens seem to be growing into the wingback role, have two strikers in the box and Matt Smith creating further forward in the absence of Carey, we would score more goals and win more games.

Both DJ and Kimpioka need a Nicky Clark up beside them. That chance DJ had on Wednesday showed he is able to get into the six yard box, as is Nicky Clark. Plenty of service from Robinson, Keltjens and M.Smith could just be what we need to see some goals.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Not a word from the club on why they were missing on Wednesday.

Except Levein has already addressed the fact Clark was out with a tight groin in the media on Wednesday and for all we know Chris Kane might not even have been injured, it may have been something else?

The constant need for saints fans to know every last minute detail about our players is ridiculous. They’ve stated the guys are injured and then say they might be back, what more do you want from them? Obviously it’s not a long term thing as they’d of posted about that separately.