Rutkiewicz

Ruti is awful and should not be anywhere near the 1st team. His posistional sense is poor.

He tries to play every ball. For example when a striker drops deep into midfield he goes with him leaving massive gaps behind him where James fills in but not to good effect with James total lack of pace.

The amount of times he just hacks the ball away just putting more pressure as the ball comes back as quick as it was punted away. He never gets his head up when playing theball and he probablly gives away the ball more than what Ando does and usually there is little pressure on Ruti unlike when Ando gets the ball. He makes far too many unforced errors.

Today when he let the ball bounce and as a defender with a player breathing down your neck you should never let the ball bounce and he did leading to their goal.

He makes alot of errors and often unforced ones, i think we must buy a few defenders in to replace him, then look to but i am not saying he is the only bad one just he seems to be the worst out the lot.

Ruti is awful and should not be anywhere near the 1st team. His posistional sense is poor.

He tries to play every ball. For example when a striker drops deep into midfield he goes with him leaving massive gaps behind him where James fills in but not to good effect with James total lack of pace.

The amount of times he just hacks the ball away just putting more pressure as the ball comes back as quick as it was punted away. He never gets his head up when playing theball and he probablly gives away the ball more than what Ando does and usually there is little pressure on Ruti unlike when Ando gets the ball. He makes far too many unforced errors.

Today when he let the ball bounce and as a defender with a player breathing down your neck you should never let the ball bounce and he did leading to their goal.

He makes alot of errors and often unforced ones, i think we must buy a few defenders in to replace him, then look to but i am not saying he is the only bad one just he seems to be the worst out the lot.

despite his mistake today, i will back rusty up, i actually think he has done ok this season , better than i expected and one bad mistake does not make him a bad player.

you have a few points there about him but it is fair to say that he has done a good job for us so far this season. The other thing is we are really struggling for depth in defence at the moment so he basically has to play but this seasons performances has helped establish a first team start for him. I wish he payed attention to paterson more with regards to passing it out of defence other than that he has defended quite well.

He has done ok and is at his level. He is pretty much in the same boat as the majority of the first team. If we were not being told that we are going for promotion then we could be happy with them, they are good (not great) 1st div players. But if we are serious about promotion then we need to be looking at better quality than Ruti (and pretty much the other 10 that were on the park with him today)

How can anyone blame the defence?

If u dont have a midfield to protect the defence then there is no point in even having a team on the park. The problems is the likes of sheerin and henry. Dead wood that we need to get rid of!

No midfield to protect the defence, and therefore no midfield to create anything.

How many times have you seen Ruti this season Chopper_Harris???

He has been, alongside Stanic, one of our most consistent performers and I am one of the guys Watty is on about giving him Player of the Season so far. Hacking the ball away is generally due to the pressure from onrushing midfielders from the opposition helping their strikers and not being tracked by our midfielders. I expect about 12 different topics from yourself now criticising every member of the team :roll::?

How many times have you seen Ruti this season Chopper_Harris???

He has been, alongside Stanic, one of our most consistent performers and I am one of the guys Watty is on about giving him Player of the Season so far. Hacking the ball away is generally due to the pressure from onrushing midfielders from the opposition helping their strikers and not being tracked by our midfielders. I expect about 12 different topics from yourself now criticising every member of the team :roll::?

well said, if it needs row z then so be it.

I have seen almost every game this season bar a QOS away.

I just thought that he makes many mistakes. I think it dosen't help when the crowd boo after only 15 minutes gone and I noticed James have a go at him during the game as James often does. This point i felt sorry for Rutii to be fair because i think a captain shouldn't tell others to do what he cant do himself.

When Ruti signed i thought he looked like a good defender because he tried to pass the ball out of defence and looked the part. I also thought when he made his return this season to the 1st team he looked better and was a positive from his first few games.

But i just felt he makes the mistakes i explained earlier and i just think we could do better but with our lack of defenders at the club plus injuries and suspensions i know this is difficult. I think he will still be a good squad player though.

And when i said he hacked the ball away i was trying to say they are often unforced. I agree that you try find Row Z when you are in any doubt and under pressure but i felt that he gives the ball away and hack it away often with no pressure on him.

bollocks bollocks bollocks :P

dont agree cfc fan

Rusty has been one of the more solid players today. His positioning IMHO is better than James and he seems a more composed player on the ball.

I agree his distribution is poor but at the same time rarely does James or Anderson take responsibility for getting the ball up the park instead squaring it to Rusty in the middle with the inevitable punt. That to my mind is one of the root problems with Saints style of play just now and if we can sort that we might be back to the style we were playing earlier in the season - but I don't see how dropping Rusty would affect that.

While not a fan of Rusti as he is not a football Player but a stopper, solid, hard working the real problem with the central defence is James. He cannot jump, turn or find a player wearing the same shirt as him. How he gets picked is beyond me!!!

As said, when Paterson was playing the defence had more composure and helped the team now we do not play like a team but a bunch of strangers.

Coyle and the rest of the backroom must take some responsiblity for the style (I exaggerate) of play which has not changed for years.

I was a bit surprised by Ruti's mistake. He is usually the first person to put the ball out if there is any danger (which actually annoys me sometimes) but he appeared to hesitate today. IMHO however his overall performances have been as good as anyone else in a Saints shirt.

Rusty has been one of the more solid players today. His positioning IMHO is better than James and he seems a more composed player on the ball.

I agree his distribution is poor but at the same time rarely does James or Anderson take responsibility for getting the ball up the park instead squaring it to Rusty in the middle with the inevitable punt. That to my mind is one of the root problems with Saints style of play just now and if we can sort that we might be back to the style we were playing earlier in the season - but I don't see how dropping Rusty would affect that.

Pretty much agree with that!

You were doing so well until you said his name he's like Cuthbert doesn't have any presence

No ****ing wonder!!!!!

He is playing alongside that donkey of a freak James. He causes confusion and is pants, he's got it in the head but doesn't use it, uses the worng times to criticise players, criticises others for his mistakes. PISH! The midfield are supposed to protect the defence, Anderson has Stevenson in front of him, a player who drops in and out of games like a yo yo and drifts in, leaving him with 2 players to cover, as well as the one that james doesn't pick up! :roll:

Get off his effing back, he's what, 20? and your giving him stick like that. it doesn't help. He needs experience, and if he was moved to his correct position am sure you would see a cracking young player.

Mon the Ando! Get it right up your doubters! :x

He is playing alongside that donkey of a freak James. He causes confusion and is pants, he's got it in the head but doesn't use it, uses the worng times to criticise players, criticises others for his mistakes. PISH! The midfield are supposed to protect the defence, Anderson has Stevenson in front of him, a player who drops in and out of games like a yo yo and drifts in, leaving him with 2 players to cover, as well as the one that james doesn't pick up! :roll:

I agree that people should get off Anderson's back a little, but at the same time he's done nothing to justify taking the place of our captain. There's also no way it's Stevenson's fault that Anderson has been poor - Stevenson often looks for the ball from him but doesn't get it. He also often looks for Anderson to overlap but it doesn't happen. It's obvious that Anderson and Stevenson don't have the sort of partnership required to work well down that side, but there's no way you can put the full weight of blame for that on Stevenson's shoulders. If I had to choose between keeping one of them in the team and dropping one, I'd drop Anderson every time.

Have to say again though that I really don't think the defence is a big problem. It's not as if we're leaking loads of goals. Rutkiewicz and Cuthbert have both improved this season, and I personally think James has had some influence on that. I also think that, if one area of the park is doing poorly, then it affects everyone. It's our midfield that's at the root of our problems, and I'm pretty confident that if we can sort out the midfield then the defence and attack will both start doing just fine.