Geoff Brown

GOLDEN PLIMSOLES

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunc, let it go mate. Not worth it. Sam's explained her position, as have you - no need to carry on a pointless argument. It's also very difficult to tell on a forum like this, if you're actually dead serious or taking the mick!

If you believed every rumour your hear in the stands at McDiarmid Park, you'd be looking forward to new chairman Brian Souter welcoming club captain Paul Gascoigne onto the pitch before the next home game - with about 395 signings or trialists warming up at the Ormond end of the park, dropped off by a Russian billionaire's son's space cruiser on its way to Pluto.

Besides, if a story of that magnitude had any legs, the press would have picked it up and run it past the proper channels, the minute they saw it. If you're in any doubt, phone the club and ask them directly. And the chairman's name is Sir Terry Leahy, recently appointed as a football adviser to a club I can't remember the name of.

Dunc, let it go mate. Not worth it. Sam's explained her position, as have you - no need to carry on a pointless argument. It's also very difficult to tell on a forum like this, if you're actually dead serious or taking the mick!

If you believed every rumour your hear in the stands at McDiarmid Park, you'd be looking forward to new chairman Brian Souter welcoming club captain Paul Gascoigne onto the pitch before the next home game - with about 395 signings or trialists warming up at the Ormond end of the park, dropped off by a Russian billionaire's son's space cruiser on its way to Pluto.

Besides, if a story of that magnitude had any legs, the press would have picked it up and run it past the proper channels, the minute they saw it. If you're in any doubt, phone the club and ask them directly. And the chairman's name is Sir Terry Leahy, recently appointed as a football adviser to a club I can't remember the name of.

Ok boss.

looking forward to new chairman Brian Souter welcoming club captain Paul Gascoigne onto the pitch before the next home game - with about 395 signings or trialists warming up at the Ormond end of the park, dropped off by a Russian billionaire's son's space cruiser on its way to Pluto.

Is that true :shock: I had heard it too but thought it was just poppycock

This may add to the debate re the McDiarmid site but the potato plant which was part of Bruce McDiarmids farm has just issued redundancy notices to all their staff and the site is to close at the end of April. Should Saints try to buy that land and re submit the hotel application or develope a "goals" outdoor 5 a side center as its very difficult to get a court at bells or a booking on the astro turf at a reasonable hour.

There is no way we could move from McDiarmid just now. Where in Perth could we go. Build on Geoff land at Craigie hill and have a sloapy pitch like they had at Hibs for year :lol: Apart from Inveralmond or a move out of Perth I cannot see any possible site

This may add to the debate re the McDiarmid site but the potato plant which was part of Bruce McDiarmids farm has just issued redundancy notices to all their staff and the site is to close at the end of April. Should Saints try to buy that land and re submit the hotel application or develope a "goals" outdoor 5 a side center as its very difficult to get a court at bells or a booking on the astro turf at a reasonable hour.

There is no way we could move from McDiarmid just now. Where in Perth could we go. Build on Geoff land at Craigie hill and have a sloapy pitch like they had at Hibs for year :lol: Apart from Inveralmond or a move out of Perth I cannot see any possible site

If the only reason not to move was land, I am sure it would be found (who would have thought of McDiarmid Park being suitable 20 years ago?

As for Tesco and their intent to take over the world, they could take over McDiarmid Park and its outlying lands, take over the tattie store, the empty Town & Country car sales place, snatch the land opposite them back from B&Q, buy out Struan Motors, put in a new ring road round it all and have the biggest supermarket in Scotland, if not Britain :roll:

No... it IS a load of crap :lol::lol::lol:

Don't think I've heard anything quite so ridiculous... anyone with any iota of sense would take this with a massive pinch of salt

As for geoff doing a good job... he indeed has... but he should not be closed from constructive criticism... which has been given in this thread. I do, however, believe he runs the club very well... and we should all be very thankful that we have someone who loves the club as much as him as chairman just now.

I'd guess that Stevie is the one being trained up to eventually take over.

i have just won the lottery and bought the club off gb so there.

SO all whingers and moaners are barred from mcD if caught in the ground they will be ejected

the club song will now be tra la la tridlee dee dee and all fans must sing it before the game.northern soul music is compulsory at half time.

People singing pack songs and saints tunes get a free pie redeemable at the next home match.

the seats in the ormond stand are to be taken out and terracing to be put in place

I will now make further rules up as i go along

if you do not agree with me then feck off

i have just won the lottery and bought the club off gb so there.

SO all whingers and moaners are barred from mcD if caught in the ground they will be ejected

the club song will now be tra la la tridlee dee dee and all fans must sing it before the game.northern soul music is compulsory at half time.

People singing pack songs and saints tunes get a free pie redeemable at the next home match.

the seats in the ormond stand are to be taken out and terracing to be put in place

I will now make further rules up as i go along

if you do not agree with me then feck off

SLF, U ARE A VISIONARY.