Tonight's Game

Gaz9274

Decent work-out,game was played at a good pace.Two good goals from Stewart,the second was a beauty from 22 yards or so.Daal and Stewart both worked really hard, up front,Hardie was his usual self.No real failures,took the foot off a wee bit second half,but played some good stuff and limted EF to long range efforts and cross balls from wide free kicks.

Dissapointed with Daal tonight. Don't think he won a header all night and he was being marked by a guy his team mates called "shagger". Fluffed his lines when he got put clean through.

Stewart and Hardie were standouts for me. Mcluskey looked lively with a couple of good mazy runs then shots on target(the white thing if your reading Dyron).

Missed the first 2 goals in the pie Q.

Wasn't 3 going on 5 or 6 Muzz. Couple of efforts late second half when Peason got involved but it was by no means a pumping. Good work out for them though as the EF guys seemed pretty up for it.

Good effort tonight, we played 15minutes in the first half with 10 players after McInnes was elbowed in the coupon and had to go off.

Stewart played well and took his goals well, looked like he enjoyed himself.

Dal chased a lot but never really made an impression, made a few great passes though.

MMMMMM was his usual stuff solid and the man.

Main looks a bit chuncky need to get some weight off. Felt sorry for the cat not getting a run out.

McClusky again caused bother and had 2 great attempts which were tipped wide. Looks a great signing.

Weatherson also played well will pull a few defenders to the corner flags which should open up a few defences.

Ref was a plumber.

We need a decent midfielder and a replacement for Lawrie, sorry hate to be critical but he was the only negative tonight.

EF number 4 looked like he can do a job.

Good work out. Coyle left substitution's late obviously to give the main team as much time as possible to get them fitter for the first game.

Disappointed with Daal again. Ran alot, but had nothing else. Fluffed a one on on. As for Stewart after watching that my impression on him changed. He worked very hard and also was clinical in front of goal. IMO Peaso did more in the 20 mins he was on that Daal did in the whole game. Peaso and Stewart look the two who should start at QOS. Weatherston should also be given a chance, as McCluskey was excellent at right mid, forcing to great saves.

Still hoping for another couple of players; a right back and a midfielder.

just got back from the game.It,s the first one I,ve managed to get to .Great start but tailed off a bit before half time.Second half was a largley non event . I don,t know if they just felt they had done enough and took their foot of the gas or if they just tired a bit. I hope it was the first because it,s going to get a whole lot tougher and they are going to have to play for the full ninety minutes or some teams will destroy us. Positives were Stewart,Weatherston ,Hardie and Kevin James. McCluskey looked not bad when he came on and had a couple of great shots. Great to see Rusty coming on and looking not half bad . Great deal of shouting done by quite a few of the guys which was good to hear.Top shouter James but it was a joy to hear Hardie giving it big style as well. At one point I thought his head was gonna explode as he gave the mother of all bollockings to Daal. Main did fine but to be fair had pretty much sod all to do.Negatives: there were a few .Daal was pretty much rank. He has Jasons heading abilities and as one guy said to me "he,s 6 foot and plenty more till he jumps for a ball; then suddenly he,s 5 foot 2. He did run and run but at times it was more headless chicken than road runner. Lawrie was very negative but mabye he was just following the bosses instructions and I thought he did not look to comfortable on the ball. There was a decent Saints support and I thought the ground was pretty decent( First time to NEW Bayview) for a lower league team. Overall I would describe the performance a adequate for a friendly but we better have some more in the locker for the start of the season and especially in the second half of games. On a much lighter note it was good to see Kevin Fotheringham breathing through his arse as a combination of lardyness and Weatherston made him look the plodder he really is.................

'Mon the Saints.......

Team is coming together, with 8 or 9 of those starting tonight already pencilled in for Queens I imagine. Weatherston and McCluskey to fight it out for spot on right and Stewart probably in the box seat amongst the strikers.

Back five was excellent again but you can tell McInnes and Hardie haven't played as much as the others.

Good first half, second half we didn't do much. I think we had the game won by half time and controlled it so well that we didn't really have to create much as the game wore on more than it being a case of us totally running out of steam.

Of the new boys, Weatherston and Stewart looked good, Daal looked pretty poor but I think Stewart and Daal are too similar to play together, both have to play alongside someone like MacDonald for their potential to be fully realised. Stewart coped much better alongside Daal than Daal did alongside Stewart.

Ok, I'm being nice, Daal was pants. And was that Sheerin in the number seven shirt? He was pretty woeful, and looked to be playing centre a lot with Hardie out left. Weird.

After the blistering opening period i thought we were onto a goal fest tonight, but, alas nay.

Some great moments tonight though. The Daal pass for the opener, Stewarts second was a peach and some nice touches from McCluskey when he come on.

Not really a bad player on the night. Lawrie took some stick - his passing is at times was worse than woeful, but in fairness Hardie or Peanut made as many bad passes. Im no big fan of Lawrie, but he works hard and defends solidly enough for the most part. Maybe he should be cut a little slack.

Thought the ref and his two linesmen had shockers to honest. Clueless would be a good description. Their interpretation of the offside law was baffling at best.

At LB for East Fife was Kevin Fotheringham. Still a clogger. How this guy was earning a full time wage in the first division a couple of years ago is beyond me. Weatherston gave him a bit of a hard time and he started to get a bit over physical with the young lad.