Stirling Albion vs. Saints 26/12/07

Well what a difference a good win , a pile of goals and no shortage of panache makes. Last week I was fed up and struggling to find the energy to get even slightly excited about the Livi game , and now I cannae wait to get back to the action.If there are no injuries I hope we go with the same team , the same formation and same tactics( and get the same result)We do still have to get better at the back though and cut out the silly mistakes that are costing us goals but if we can recapture the last performance we,ll come away with the points. Hopefully there will be a big travelling support to give the boys good vocal backing and plenty of encouragement.See you all there andSome go by buses, some go by train, singing our songs again and again, we'll drink all your whisky,your newcastle brown........The Saintees boys are in town..

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree Jimbo, all of sudden the match looks an exciting prospect again, something that hasn't seemed the case in the league since the good run in October.

In saying that, I guess the fact is we've still only won once away from home in the league this season so shouldn't be going to Forthbank merely expecting that turning up will secure the points. Albion probably thought the win over Dunfermline would get them over that hurdle but they are on their worst run of the season at the moment and it has to be a worry that they've conceded 14 goals in 4 games.

We still don't look rock solid at the back but bar the game at NDP - where we actually played ok - we have been creating chances, finally taking some of them on Saturday. I can see another high scoring game on Wednesday but it'd be massive for us if we could take all the points and put ourselves clear in third again. It'd also mean we were only one point worse off than this time last season, which would be acceptable IMO.

Regards the team, I don't think McInnes can wander too much from the XI he put on the pitch on Saturday, especially when we aren't defending that well, although he was right to point out it was good to see us weather the early pressure from Livi in the second half.

The subs bench might get a little shake around if McLaren and Moon are available, although I'd expect Daal to retain his place ahead of John Stewart.

football is a simple game, keep winning and the crowds will show face as you are providing entertainment. I want to see the best second half of the season ever! just hope the players can live up to my (and the start of season by all) expectations.

will be tough game for sure! i predict 3-1 saints (us being one down and turn it around)

one game at a time, but a boxing day win will take is into the Clyde game in good form.

Well what a difference a good win , a pile of goals and no shortage of panache makes. Last week I was fed up and struggling to find the energy to get even slightly excited about the Livi game , and now I cannae wait to get back to the action.If there are no injuries I hope we go with the same team , the same formation and same tactics( and get the same result)We do still have to get better at the back though and cut out the silly mistakes that are costing us goals but if we can recapture the last performance we,ll come away with the points. Hopefully there will be a big travelling support to give the boys good vocal backing and plenty of encouragement.See you all there andSome go by buses, some go by train, singing our songs again and again, we'll drink all your whisky,your newcastle brown........The Saintees boys are in town..

nice one but i would also like to point out there are no choo choos running to stirling on boxing day,see ye there merrydown oh merrydown.

Jamie? Why the heck are you working on boxing day?!

I'm looking forward to this game, Boxing day/ New Years games always seem better.

Does anyone know the situation regarding parking around the ground? Before the season started there was talk of the local council banning cars from parking near the ground.

The blues are rolling into town and taking the 3 points back with them!