Don McVicar

templeofsaints

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having a fairly good day until I logged onto the Forum to get this news. A very very sad indeed today. Don was an inspirational man - on and off the park. A leader of men and someone we, as supporters, could genuinely look up to and respect. Don would always be one of the first names in my all time favourite Saints team. Rest in Peace Don - I feel very privileged and proud to have seen you play on many many occasions for my Club. Sincere sympathies to Don's family.

Jim

Deeply saddened by the news this morning.

Ive been sitting here with tears rolling down my face remembering all the good times, all the great memories.

Such a great guy, will never forget his smiling face.

He was so passionate about his football, his throw-ins simply immense, for me one of the all time best in a saintees strip.

the last few years havent been good for him, his suffering has came to an end.

my thoughts are with donna and ther kids.

RIP DON

ONE OF THE MOST COMMITTED PLAYERS IN FOOTBALL

The paper copy includes a photo from the quiz night in Don's honour.

Still gutted, terrible day at work, folk whining about insignificant pap... just want to point out to them that there is a lot worse in the world.

Very sad news and my thoughts are with his wife and kids at this terrible time. Along with another two Killie fans we met Don on holiday in Ibiza probably around 1985. After having a mad footie argument on our first night we became friends and had a great holiday. I kept in touch with Don and we always met up at Muirton for a beer and a bit of footie banter. Sadly we hadnt been in contact in recent years but I'll always remember him as a lovely guy and a top bloke.

RIP Don

Haven't posted on here before but just wanted to add my condolences, Don was a great servant to Saints and a great captain. Captaining the team that got promotion at the end of the 80's was a great achievement and it was a fantastic time to be a Saints supporter, up there with the best times Saints have ever had. I was too young to remember Drew Rutherford but remember Don well, I really hope the club comes up with a lasting tribute to a great man.