Title Push?!?! Check these next fixtures...

St Mikey

Ross County (a)

Queen of the South (a)

Whoever decided on the order of fixtures should be named and shamed. That is a killer.

Can't believe what a defeatist attitude exists.

I believe this attitude also exists with the current Saints Squad.

The next five fixtures are ALL winnable.

If we can't beat Ross Co and QofS away we will not win this league.

This current squad are a big shower of underachievers. They probably went into the game on Saturday, content to accept a draw.

Nothing short of a win is acceptable against any team in our division.

Supporters are already trying to perm 9/10 points from the next 15 will be ok.

It won't. If we don't win all 5, we will not win this league.

It's been won in the last two seasons by teams who have performed solidly week in week out.

I bet neither Hamilton or Gretna went into a series of 5 games thinking 9/10 points would be ok.

We need a ruthless streak, it might as well start here on weareperth.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this attitude also exists with the current Saints Squad.

The next five fixtures are ALL winnable.

If we can't beat Ross Co and QofS away we will not win this league.

This current squad are a big shower of underachievers. They probably went into the game on Saturday, content to accept a draw.

Nothing short of a win is acceptable against any team in our division.

Supporters are already trying to perm 9/10 points from the next 15 will be ok.

It won't. If we don't win all 5, we will not win this league.

It's been won in the last two seasons by teams who have performed solidly week in week out.

I bet neither Hamilton or Gretna went into a series of 5 games thinking 9/10 points would be ok.

We need a ruthless streak, it might as well start here on weareperth.

What you said seems good to me. Ruthless is what's needed.

Gary Irvine - ruthless? Euan Mclean - ruthless? Paul Sheerin - ruthless? Davie Weatherston - ruthless? Maybe even Gavin Swankie - ruthless?

Most others are possibly capable of being ruthless, especially MMM and Jody. No too ruthless though, or they'll be suspended.

We shall see. Hope we can do it.

Not at all. If there's one thing I'm not, it's defeatist. Just truthful. It is very unfortunate that we have two away games in a row to Ross County and Queen of the South, but that doesn't mean I don't think we can win them if we play to our best.

Besides, as I've said already, if we don't win the league, it won't be because of dropped points in these respective fixtures. It will be because we haven't been good enough over the entire season. However, I think we stand a great chance of winning the league this time around.

You cannot possibly say that we won't win the league if we don't win these 5 games. I know that the players are perfectly capable of getting the 15 points if they show more determination and play to their full potential, and as a team. But what if they don't? Will you say that they won't win the league because of that? That's just a little, umm... defeatist, isn't it?

If we don't win all 5, we will not win this league.

that's just bonkers.

The league is neither won not lost in the 1st 4-6 league games of the season. As long as we're not too far behind (which we won't be) then we're alright. As I've said before, we need a settled team/system and then we can see where we are. Saturday was a blip (a big one granted) but I'm confident we can get ourselves together, tuck in behind the leaders and progress with our promotion push.

Lets give the team our full support.

that's just bonkers.

The league is neither won not lost in the 1st 4-6 league games of the season. As long as we're not too far behind (which we won't be) then we're alright. As I've said before, we need a settled team/system and then we can see where we are. Saturday was a blip (a big one granted) but I'm confident we can get ourselves together, tuck in behind the leaders and progress with our promotion push.

Lets give the team our full support.

Have a look mate - The league has now just been lost and go get a reality check, find them next to the cans of "utter crap" in aisle 10 at Tesco.

Played 4 games and 4 points. Simply not good enough.

We have now let in 7 goals in the last 2 games against teams who really shouldn't score that many against us.

I told everyone about the next 5 games and nobody has believed me. Well take a bloody look now. We are the laughing stock for the league and I really really wonder where we are going.

Dundee fans must think the title is theirs now.

Have a look mate - The league has now just been lost and go get a reality check, find them next to the cans of "utter crap" in aisle 10 at Tesco.

Dundee fans must think the title is theirs now.

....well by my calculations if we win all our remaining games we'll be 7 points in front of the best Dundee can do. So how pray tell is the league "lost":?::?

....well by my calculations if we win all our remaining games we'll be 7 points in front of the best Dundee can do. So how pray tell is the league "lost":?::?

I really really hope we do, however, that would include beating Dundee 4 times and I cannot remember the last time we beat them in the league, thats my only concern. I don't mind losing the league but as long as we beat them!!! *** :D

Jags Ya bas ! <--- what is your problem ? i hate to break it to you but if saints dont win the league then i'd say QOS or scumdee to win it ! if you were a huge spl team you'd have and argument but i think partick are in pretty much the same hole as us !

Potentially worse than us in some respects. They always start really really well and fade into oblivion, like the last few seasons.

But they just beat us, so 1 nil to them in pecking order.

Jags Ya bas ! <--- what is your problem ? i hate to break it to you but if saints dont win the league then i'd say QOS or scumdee to win it ! if you were a huge spl team you'd have and argument but i think partick are in pretty much the same hole as us !

You'll have to point me in the direction of the post you're referring to because, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've ever displayed a 'billy big time' attitude on this board or suggested in any way that Thistle are in a false position.

I really don't have a problem.

We absolutely must beat Clyde next week. No doubt about that. I'd bite your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 win. We must get into a settled formation and lineup, and I think we are all praying for a new centre back and left back by the end of the week. We have decent players in the middle and up front, but you have to build on a bedrock of a solid defence, something we have not had for a long, long time.

After the Clyde game we have pretty much the last two fixtures you would want back to back - the two longest away trips we have, followed by Dundee at home. We need nine points from those four games - no doubt about it. But the chances of that as it stands are virtually nil.