Most over-rated?

SlickDT

Henry's a genius - can't see how he can be over-rated. And Scotland - he wasn't even rated highly enough to get a work permit for the SPL, so he can't be that over-rated!

When I think of the phrase "over-rated" there are just two words that come to mind - "Barry" and "Ferguson".

You took the words out of my mouth bh

Absolutely agree with those who nominated Barry Ferguson above. He's just garbage.

I'd like to nominate Jermaine Jenas. There may be people who disagree with me but I really don't rate this guy at all. I've seen him play in the flesh and I've seen him on TV umpteen times and I can't actually remember him ever making a telling contribution in a match. Twenty-three minutes of last weekend's Sunderland vs. Spurs game had passed before I realised that Jenas was actually on the pitch and that was because he had committed a foul. How he is worth the transfer fees that have been paid for him I will never know - £5M to Newastle and £8M to Spurs? Crazy!

I'm 37.

Damien Duff - turns it on once evry three or four games (when he is actually fit!!!)

Sol Campbell - liability

Phillippe Senderos - as above

Pascal Cygan - as above

the Arsenal defence - as above

Kieran Dyer - is he not retired???

Cygan over-rated? if you can find one Arsenal fan who thinks Cygan posesses any footballing skill, you deserve an OBE

I think Henry is a fantastic player, but never shows it during the big games (eg- the euro championships or against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool in the league) would be interested in finding out how many goals Henry has scored for Arsenal against these three teams compared to games!

As for Scotland, I really don't rate him. He has the ability to beat players, etc but very rarely does!

I think you are all being a bit harsh on Barry Ferguson. He is certainally not over-rated, infact, if you take away the feelings of Rangers fans, then he is not rated at all ! :lol:

Which ties in with the Sportsound forum - Jim Traynor tonight was taking the pi** out of Ferguson actually scoring for Rangers.

craig bellamy

I disagree with this one. I saw him score twice on Wednesday night and hit the post when he was going for his hat-trick. He absolutely destroyed us and from start to finish he had an excellent game. I absolutely hate the guy but he's an excellent footballer. Quasimodo-esque scumbag.

I'm 37.

RYAN GIGGS

Good god, the single most over-rated player in the Enlgish premiership by far.

Now i'll wait and hear the "Oh but hes a legend" rubbish that everyone starts as soon as you dare mutter words against the useless git.

When was the last time he actually did ANYTHING on a football pitch? Think about it, befroe you start recollecting his goal against Arsenal in the semis of the cup...that was in 1999...

And another thing to look at, for those who think he is still a good player, just simply watch the next Man U game and count how many times he receives the ball and actually manages to return it to someone on his own team.

I can almost guarantee that at least 50% of the time he will surrender posession or put the ball out of play. He will then, of course, do the "Thats not my fault, im going to turn round and blame someone else" face he is so very good at these days.

Serisouly, before you start with the "hes awsome" rubbish, just actually watch him play, it'll be a bit of an eye opener. :shock:

Another one, Diouf, is basically a hot headed mink and was never worth £11m

The funniest thing is that when you think of over-rated players, most of them have played for Rangers!

Tore-Andre Flo

Barry Ferguson

Jean-Alain Boumsong

Marco Negri

Christian Nerlinger

Daniel Prodan

Nacho Novo

followed closely by:

Seb Rozenthal

Peter Huistra

Scott Nisbet

Chris Vinnicombe

Gary Stevens

Trevor Steven

Oh and Steve, Prodan never "played" for Rangers - just signed and got injured!!!