#18 - 29/11/08 - Dundee (a)

Dylan-Saints

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to a rivalry between fans?, there is nothing wrong with our version of why dont you go home, it has absolutely nothing to do with the famine, we are nothing like rangers either

Yes, so lets distance ourselves from Rangers by singing a version of one of their more controversial songs!

but it wasnt their song in the first place, they adapted it so why cant we?

Could you not just use another song completely?

It was a sheidt song anyway!

Alan Main polished his boot when we scored as it was his inch perfect pass to Holmes which set up the goal

Good game today. I thought Irvine was taking some harsh criticism considering he was doing Ruti's job of marking Curier AND Millers job of playing right midfield. Both players around Irvine were having shockers and it left him exposed - I thought he did well and got us out of jail a few times, despite being exposed and a little overrun.

Liam Criag also had a good game, as did Main. Moon looked good for the first 60 minutes. The strikers struggled a wee bit.

Good atmosphere and a good derby though - enjoyed it.

with Morris and James making their 1st starts, Mooner a rare start and the switch of ando to lb it's no surprise we fell away a bit in the 2nd.

Agreed. The heavy pitch didn't help either, you could see a few players were struggling near the end.

That game reminded me of the season St Mirren went up, when they visited McDiarmid for the proverbial 'six pointer' when we were about 7 or so points behind them. Saints put everything into that game and completely dominated, but somehow didn't score and St Mirren held on for a 0-0 draw - a draw which completely suited them and effectively killed off our promotion bid. Don't get me wrong, there is still a long way to go, but I think Dundee really needed to win today. Big psychological advantage coming away undefeated and now 4 points clear.

Morris and James making their 1st starts, Mooner a rare start and the switch of ando to lb it's no surprise we fell away a bit in the 2nd. Sheerin looked good expected more of Sammy esp when dee were pushing forward. would have liked to see Swankie too as we looked tired but not sure he would have relished that type of game?

I think Del kinda cocked up by not ensuring our first picks had a good workout last weekend; playing Mooner, Ando and James on Tuesday wasn't ideal and Mooner in particular was knackered at the end.

Good game today. I thought Irvine was taking some harsh criticism considering he was doing Ruti's job of marking Curier AND Millers job of playing right midfield. Both players around Irvine were having shockers and it left him exposed - I thought he did well and got us out of jail a few times, despite being exposed and a little overrun.

Spot on. Curier raped us, again. Good job his finishing isn't as good as last season.

yeah WE probably could have sung another song

if our version was offensive then fair enough but its not...

anyway lets leave the song and say no more as i cant see us agreeing with it one way or the other

i had to do some searching on you tube to find out how the famine song went, never heard the other version today but i can see both points of the argument. but the point is it does upset some saints fans and it's only 1 song. theres a feel good factor with our fans just now so lets stick together an bin the song!

Have a look at the Dundee view of the game.

The referee favoured us????????

We were quiet and they outsang us?????????

http://www.thedees.co.uk/dfcforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23319&whichpage=1

someone also mentioned how well Daquin played and how deadly their crosses were?

they must have been watching a different game from me, i never panicked when freddy was in a good position knowing he was just going to launch the ball out of play!

someone also mentioned how well Daquin played and how deadly their crosses were?

they must have been watching a different game from me, i never panicked when freddy was in a good position knowing he was just going to launch the ball out of play!

crosses were near deadly when they hit someone in the stand :)

i had to do some searching on you tube to find out how the famine song went, never heard the other version today but i can see both points of the argument. but the point is it does upset some saints fans and it's only 1 song. theres a feel good factor with our fans just now so lets stick together an bin the song!

type in "sloop john B by the beech boys and thats the original song.......cant see what the problem is singing "your seasons over why dont you go home" Isnt "in your Dundee slums" not more offensive !!!!

PC going daft again.

Has anyone listened to the the full lyrics of the Rangers version?

It goes on about the shame they brought glasgow and rape and child abuse.

Just a bit different to our version of " the league is over". Trying to compare them is a joke. We were just trying to wind up Dundee that we are top of the league. If anyone is offended by our song today then they shouldn't go anywhere near a football stadium.

2. Not sure if the 3 wankers that i sat in front of read this forum or not but, If you dont want people standing up in front of you, go sit in the front row. Piss of back to the rugby you total tossers. No football team wants fans like you! I swear i have never seen 3 men like it. Pulling my hood and acting all hard " Stand up again and i will pan your face in" or "I will see you outside after" Ha Ha what a joke. I can guarantee that those 3 sit in the main stand at home games. Seriously, after 10 minutes there greeting saying we're shit! All i have to say to you is **** OFF, either support your team or don't bother coming!

What a lot of complete and utter crap, Im sorry that this is a saints supporter! These guys are no less Saints fans because they dont stand up for a whole game - they probably actually want to watch the game!

Has anyone listened to the the full lyrics of the Rangers version?

It goes on about the shame they brought glasgow and rape and child abuse.

Just a bit different to our version of " the league is over". Trying to compare them is a joke. We were just trying to wind up Dundee that we are top of the league. If anyone is offended by our song today then they shouldn't go anywhere near a football stadium.

i suppose it's sort of the same as dundee singin the billy boys they just take out the offensive words used by the OF.

Yeh, I agree with a lot of comments today. We were lucky to get a draw, but hey 1-1 is no shame away from home against any team in this league.

Main was our star man, some great saves at crucial times, especially the one on half time. Our support was great, apart from the section who for whatever reason sang an alternative version to "Why don't you go home". Now before anyone starts, yeh sure alternative lyrics and the song originates from The Kop, but within the context of Scottish football, St Johnstone being associated with the same "tune" as one of the most vile and dispicable songs ever sang by Rangers fans about a human tragedy where close to 1 million people died, leaves me a rather saddened and angry Saintee. Leave your song lads.

COME ON YE SAINTS

fek off dude .its was brill .we made up our own non sectarian version .fantastic.the league is over why dont you go home. brilliant its football,loved it.

would you hate us singing hail hail or the older fans tune 'theres not a team like the perth stjohnstone 'and we also used to sing 'hullo hullo we are the muirton boys '.sorry mate if your upset or part of the pc brigade.even aberdeen took as an anthem the old chelsea tune carefree and now they call it stand free.funny they got some tottenham with them and its a chello song ,it always has been.its football if ye dinnae like it why dont you go home.stj forever.