#18 - 29/11/08 - Dundee (a)

Dylan-Saints

Yeah Mooner ran himself into the ground. Thought he played well. He shows composure beyond his years. Though it was really disappointing to see Miller stuck out wide. What a waste of a player.

Have to disagree about Kevin James. I know the point your making but i though he was really solid today and first half especially he looked tidy. Curier is a real handful and between James and Dinky they done just about enough. He still caused serious problems though. Just James' lack of match practice made him look a bit worse than his ability at times.

The referee was ridiculous at times. Its a disgrace to football to see guys like him running a match.

Not sure about Ruti today. Half a dozen times The Courier had acres of space in the box. We all knew he would makes runs between Gaz and Ruti yet we simply couldn't deal with him in the first half. Not sure if Del got the instructions wrong or the players didn't follow them.

In terms of Millar, I agree that he's wasted on the right but who else would you play there? Swankie and Sammy are the options, but you'll get precious little back-tracking from them. I said in the build-up that Del's midfield selection was a big test of his judgement and I thought he called it right. Only criticisms of Del would be leaving Homer on for too long and not subbing Mooner for Swankie; but these are small gripes.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope not groundsman, but it is unsporting

It really isn't. i used to mark the middle of my goal when i was a keeper.

Plenty effort today by the lads but the passing and control was off. and far to many times we were caught trying to play football when we should just have cleared our lines.

Would have taken a point before the game but once again we go ahead at Dens and fail to win.

I'm not really going to comment on what was a fair result, what i will say is as follows.....

1. Congratulations to Dundee FC for being so unorganized that well over 300 saints missed near on the first 15 mins.

2. Not sure if the 3 wankers that i sat in front of read this forum or not but, If you dont want people standing up in front of you, go sit in the front row. Piss of back to the rugby you total tossers. No football team wants fans like you! I swear i have never seen 3 men like it. Pulling my hood and acting all hard " Stand up again and i will pan your face in" or "I will see you outside after" Ha Ha what a joke. I can guarantee that those 3 sit in the main stand at home games. Seriously, after 10 minutes there greeting saying we're shit! All i have to say to you is **** OFF, either support your team or don't bother coming!

3. Ref and linesman.......... HA HA HA HA, comedy gold. I really hate coming away from a game and having to criticize the ref, but come on, what a tool. How does Eddie Malone not get booked, or how do you get so many throw ins wrong??

And finally 4. Rab The Scab, what a joker, celebrating an equalizer like he just shot his load over girls aloud! .

All in all a good day out , getting to see many friendly faces, 4 points clear will do me any day of the week. I look forward to hearing all the coags at work.

TELL ALL THE COAGS YOU KNOW WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND YOU'RE NO!

Just back fae the pub,well a point is a better result for saints than it is for us but we are still well in the hunt and good to see both mckenzie and mchale(sub)get back from injury.Thought the ref was poor for both teams why the big carthorse didna get booked for his foul on deasley is beyond me.I think we deserve to win the game due to the 2nd half were there was only one team in it although milne had a chance near the end.We can play better but happy with the fight and think we will still be involved at the death.Cracking away support and made for a decent atmosphere.Happy enough

I'm not really going to comment on what was a fair result, what i will say is as follows.....

1. Congratulations to Dundee FC for being so unorganized that well over 300 saints missed near on the first 15 mins.

2. Not sure if the 3 wankers that i sat in front of read this forum or not but, If you dont want people standing up in front of you, go sit in the front row. Piss of back to the rugby you total tossers. No football team wants fans like you! I swear i have never seen 3 men like it. Pulling my hood and acting all hard " Stand up again and i will pan your face in" or "I will see you outside after" Ha Ha what a joke. I can guarantee that those 3 sit in the main stand at home games. Seriously, after 10 minutes there greeting saying we're shit! All i have to say to you is **** OFF, either support your team or don't bother coming!

3. Ref and linesman.......... HA HA HA HA, comedy gold. I really hate coming away from a game and having to criticize the ref, but come on, what a tool. How does Eddie Malone not get booked, or how do you get so many throw ins wrong??

And finally 4. Rab The Scab, what a joker, celebrating an equalizer like he just shot his load over girls aloud! .

All in all a good day out , getting to see many friendly faces, 4 points clear will do me any day of the week. I look forward to hearing all the coags at work.

TELL ALL THE COAGS YOU KNOW WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND YOU'RE NO!

Why did james not get booked and main used to run out his box when saints scored against us.I do agree about the bad organizing tho hundreds dee fans missed the ko also.

Muzz had a rough one last night so only managed one in the pub and it was pretty busy was looking for noose but couldna see yis.Had a braw day and hope you did too.

we were in about ten past 1 then headed to whites for about quarter to 2. had a good day. love away days with bigger crowds. takes me back to my youth :)

same as the rest are saying but 2 questions;

1 why was miller still on the park at the end of the game?

imo he was mince in the 2nd half and should of got subbed

2 why didnt they keep rusty as the captain?

seeing as he has been the captain this season

i hope caff is back soon, think saints are better with him instead of james

same as the rest are saying but 2 questions;

1 why was miller still on the park at the end of the game?

imo he was mince in the 2nd half and should of got subbed

2 why didnt they keep rusty as the captain?

seeing as he has been the captain this season

i hope caff is back soon, think saints are better with him instead of james

100% correct

Decent game and happy with the point. Shows how much we miss MMM, really needed someone to take a hold of the midfield in the 2nd half. Thought Savo, Craig and Ruti were our best performers today. What is it about Gray Irvine, some times he looks a decent right back, then in other games he looks like he has never played the game in his life. Still obvious that Jody is not 100% up to speed.

Fantastic support today as well, we were outside the ground at about 2.45pm, never got inside til 3.15. Was speaking to Noose at half time and we both agreed its the biggest away support we have seen at a random league game(i.e. not a cup game or an occassion like that nightmare of a day at Hamilton a few years ago), since the time we played Hibs in that relegation season and had a big support at Easter Road. Hopefully get a similar turn out next week.

Dominated the first half but only really had one real shot at goal.Don`t know what went wrong in second half. I think we were ok until McHale came on & Morris went off. Last 10 mins I was looking for the final whistle & draw was a fair result.

Millar is not happy out right & had his least effective game for Saints although I think early booking restricted him a bit same as Mooner after his booking. How these two got booked & Dundee`s no3 & others didn`t is a mystery.

Dundee tormented us down the left in the second half & Irvine didn`t cope well although Millar was not giving him too much help.

James didn`t look fit & like someone else I don`t know why Ruti didn`t retain captains armband.

Not sure if the 3 wankers that i sat in front of read this forum or not but, If you dont want people standing up in front of you, go sit in the front row. Piss of back to the rugby you total tossers. No football team wants fans like you! I swear i have never seen 3 men like it. Pulling my hood and acting all hard " Stand up again and i will pan your face in" or "I will see you outside after" Ha Ha what a joke. I can guarantee that those 3 sit in the main stand at home games. Seriously, after 10 minutes there greeting saying we're shit! All i have to say to you is **** OFF, either support your team or don't bother coming!

I thought you were the tosser that was causing all that aggro at the front. Lets be honest here the 3 boys that you were acting the big man with were all in there 60's, lifelong St Johnstone fans who cannot exactly be blamed for not standing up and jumping about for a whole game considering there age. You didnt act the big man when the boy grabbed hold of you though, you waited until you were a few rows away until you started sticking the fingers up at them and giving them abuse, bit sad that a young guy like you, treats old men like that. These 3 boys are all East season ticket holders, who have probably done more for St Johnstone than you ever will. Im nothing to do with any of this lot, just know them through the Saints games, and was sitting a few rows behind you. Pick on folk your own age next time

Why did james not get booked and main used to run out his box when saints scored against us.I do agree about the bad organizing tho hundreds dee fans missed the ko also.

I can only presume your asking for James to be booked for persistent fouling? I don't recall any harsh tackles from him, however i may be wrong.

As for Main.... I don't ever recall him sliding along the ground right up to the touch line?

Even you as a dee must admit it was a most ludicrous sight.

Don't get me wrong, im all for goalies celebrating with the fans, but that was shockingly bad from el scabbo

Fair enough result - thought both sides had chances (ours were perhaps a bit more clearcut) and it was a good game not helped by some crap refereeing.

Too many players were off form / out of position though. Ando's right-footedness meant at left-back he rarely supplied decent balls to Liam, Irvine was caught drifting in too much and Millar's booking rendered him ineffective for most of the game. On the plus side Rusty and James were fine and Savo is most definitely a Saintee.