Dens v Ormand Help! Which would you choose ?

kent saint

I can affored ONE journey up from the deepest south before Xmas. Dens next week or the uniqueness that will be the Ormand day! :confused: Which would you choose and why?

Nice situation to be in though, trying to decide which 'big day' to choose from. I feel we can just about start to feel good times around the corner. :) Come on Saintees. . .

Oh aye. . .was going to say, anything special being arranged for Dens, especially now the stakes seem to have been raised following todays results?! Ginger. . . ? I did see seating arrangements had been discussed. Baloons etc like at EEP?

Hello Kent saint , until recently I worked in London and lived in Essex. Throughout the 6 years I lived in Essex , I kept my same seat at McDiarmid and travelled to home and away games as and when I could.

A perfect saturday for me was setting off in the car at 6am , brunch in Gretna and tea via a Mcdiarmid steak and grave pie. Sometimes tea was the chippy in Lockerbie on the drive back , it is much beter than the chippy in Gretna.

Door to door it was a 1,000 miles round trip ,sometimes I would take the plane but most times it was in the car and sometimes the decision to go was made at 6am on the morning of the game.

I never missed a Dundee game home or away in all the times I was in Essex.

Home time in Essex would be around midnight where it would be a large malt and off to bed.

It is only a few years since the long journey North took me to a wind swept and rainy Arbroath for a New Years game. The Bovril that day was a life saver , I also remember the last time I visited Arbroath in a pre season friendly that I travelled North for.

In the adventures of Alice in Wonderland , Alice came up to the caterpilar and asked him which road she should take. He asked her where she was going.She replied that she didn't know.He said ,"Then it dosen't matter what road you take." That is where you are just now.What the fek should alice do?

Quite hoestly I would go to Dens and see what happens from there , Ormond day will be very compelling . Whatever you do it is in your control. you will make your own decision as and when it is your time to decide. Personally I would be at both.

Results went well today , a win at Dens will severally dent any hope they have of going up this year.

Hello Kent saint , until recently I worked in London and lived in Essex. Throughout the 6 years I lived in Essex , I kept my same seat at McDiarmid and travelled to home and away games as and when I could.

A perfect saturday for me was setting off in the car at 6am , brunch in Gretna and tea via a Mcdiarmid steak and grave pie. Sometimes tea was the chippy in Lockerbie on the drive back , it is much beter than the chippy in Gretna.

Door to door it was a 1,000 miles round trip ,sometimes I would take the plane but most times it was in the car and sometimes the decision to go was made at 6am on the morning of the game.

I never missed a Dundee game home or away in all the times I was in Essex.

Home time in Essex would be around midnight where it would be a large malt and off to bed.

It is only a few years since the long journey North took me to a wind swept and rainy Arbroath for a New Years game. The Bovril that day was a life saver , I also remember the last time I visited Arbroath in a pre season friendly that I travelled North for.

In the adventures of Alice in Wonderland , Alice came up to the caterpilar and asked him which road she should take. He asked her where she was going.She replied that she didn't know.He said ,"Then it dosen't matter what road you take." That is where you are just now.What the fek should alice do?

Quite hoestly I would go to Dens and see what happens from there , Ormond day will be very compelling . Whatever you do it is in your control. you will make your own decision as and when it is your time to decide. Personally I would be at both.

Results went well today , a win at Dens will severally dent any hope they have of going up this year.

Oh lord what a read classic

Thanks to all for your thoughts, interesting reading! Everything from tossing a coin to quotes from Alice in Wonderland!!

From advice and on the basis that Dens is first, booked the red eye for next Sat. Can't wait! Going to be climbing the walls come Friday! Will see what happens for Ormand day! Might be retracing your steps at 6am GB!

Are WAP congregating in Dundee? Which pubs are fans going to?

Nice to reflect on stories from years gone by Ginger! You must be single and loaded or married and skint!! Impressive. I've been south for 17 years, always make it during holidays and the odd weekend. From days living in Perth recall big away trips to Alloa (Andy B!), Ayr of course and at home the big cup ties v Rangers (Johnny Brogan) and Aberdeen, when they bought the segragation! Jimmy Morton, favourite player for years. Aye, happy days indeed. . . . . .

Thanks again, see or hear you all in the land of Scum next Sat. LETS FILL THE AWAY STAND, BRING IT ON!

Thanks to all for your thoughts, interesting reading! Everything from tossing a coin to quotes from Alice in Wonderland!!

From advice and on the basis that Dens is first, booked the red eye for next Sat. Can't wait! Going to be climbing the walls come Friday! Will see what happens for Ormand day! Might be retracing your steps at 6am GB!

Are WAP congregating in Dundee? Which pubs are fans going to?

Nice to reflect on stories from years gone by Ginger! You must be single and loaded or married and skint!! Impressive. I've been south for 17 years, always make it during holidays and the odd weekend. From days living in Perth recall big away trips to Alloa (Andy B!), Ayr of course and at home the big cup ties v Rangers (Johnny Brogan) and Aberdeen, when they bought the segragation! Jimmy Morton, favourite player for years. Aye, happy days indeed. . . . . .

Thanks again, see or hear you all in the land of Scum next Sat. LETS FILL THE AWAY STAND, BRING IT ON!

You could all come to my house as its is only 10 mins walk from the shithole!!! The things you do for love! ***

:oops::oops::oops::oops: