Nonsense in the stand

Rodgers

I don't understand this hatred for the police. They're just ordinary people trying to do a duty to the community and enforce the law. Remember, these guys don't make them, they're just there to enforce them and despite what people believe, not all of them are desperate to cover matches at McD.

It's a rewarding job and I was interested in joining the police a few years ago but one of the things I didn't like about it is the number of kn*bends who show no respect for them

Well as a perfect human being and law abiding citizen, the only regular contact I have with the Polis is at football matches, where they behave like c*nts. This gives me a not too rosy view of Tayside police.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't normally comment on police stuff because it's normally not worthwhile but that is a ridiculous post and sounds like it's coming from a 15 year old ned. I don't really agree with everything the police do and don't do at and around football matches either but the stuff you're coming out with is just rubbish.

I think you've just made up the thing about Tayside Police having a "reputation" among other forces. Everyone from every force just gets on with the job in their force area.

Known for a lack of common sense and decency? You can't label a whole Police force as having all the cops being exactly the same, that's ridiculous. Every force has it's share of very strict officionados (sp) who might let you away with less (and there are some complete arseholes like in any walk of life) as well as more laid-back cops which, I can assure you there are plenty in Tayside who are happy to let you off with a warning for minor offences for which you could be charged with. You can't tar all of them with the same brush just because you once maybe encountered a police officer you didn't like.

Secondly the comment about police officers choosing to attend certain games. That's a good one! Cops are allocated to be on duty at a specific match not by themselves but by their superiors (Inspector or Chief Inspector usually) who decide these thing weeks before the event and organise a plan which includes who is going to be attending, (can't remember what you call it but you get what I mean) much the same as any other big gathering which needs to be policed.

And the thing about overtime, they'll only get overtime if they are working the game outwith their current shift. So if a cop's already worked a full shift that day say, and is listed to be on duty at the football and it comes after his/her normal tour of duty has ended which will be another couple of hours to work and be away from his/her normal life you're saying he/she doesn't deserve overtime because he/she's a cop? Are you mad? If the match is during the shift they are on they don't get paid overtime so just like any other job in this respect really.

These posts really pee me off. If you have an opinion on something specific that has happened then fine, let's discuss it but to just bad mouth and allege things which simply aren't true is just stupid and, like I say sounds like it's coming from the mouth of a young idiot.

Rant over folks! :D

i do agree with you.mind you i hate that feckin ex cop that sits 3 seats next to me.this is not a cop out.

i do agree with you.mind you i hate that feckin ex cop that sits 3 seats next to me.this is not a cop out.

mate i hope its no you.but then again i don't think that big t*** would know what a computer was.and if i get a ex polismans truncheon up my ,then it was you, sh~t .heres a scooby doo (clue,cos unfortunately some coppers are thick).i am in the west stand.this is still not a cop out .

mate i hope its no you.but then again i don't think that big t*** would know what a computer was.and if i get a ex polismans truncheon up my ,then it was you, sh~t .heres a scooby doo (clue,cos unfortunately some coppers are thick).i am in the west stand.this is still not a cop out .

My oldmans now on his way to your hoose. Your getting a thrashing oldschool style.

enan214l.jpg

They don't do themselves any favours by turning a blind eye to the pish that Rangers fans in particular get upto. Thats not just Tayside, I mean the different regional forces.

Was I the only one that saw a couple of Rangers fans getting thrown out of the North Stand on Tuesday night?

I don't understand this hatred for the police. They're just ordinary people trying to do a duty to the community and enforce the law. Remember, these guys don't make them, they're just there to enforce them and despite what people believe, not all of them are desperate to cover matches at McD.

It's a rewarding job and I was interested in joining the police a few years ago but one of the things I didn't like about it is the number of kn*bends who show no respect for them

Completely agree with you. I think a lot of people at the football just seem to be obsessed with the police at games, and see it as being sort of "the done thing" to show dislike for them. I'm not saying the police never get anything wrong, but I've been going to the football for 20 years now and have never encountered a single problem with them, either at McDiarmid or anywhere else. I think a lot of it simply comes from people who are just kids mistakenly thinking it makes them look big.

I don't normally comment on police stuff because it's normally not worthwhile.

These posts really pee me off. If you have an opinion on something specific that has happened then fine, let's discuss it.

I had a laugh at the last Clyde game. The usual stewards were on duty on the way in at the East Stand. I had a couple of bars of chocolate in a Tesco bag and saw that there were three stewards and then three police officers. I mean, it just looked so daft, one row behind the other. This was about 2.30pm, so it wasn't exactly busy. I pretended I was going to swerve one of the stewards, but, of course, handed the bag to the next one. The stewards were ok, and saw the joke, but this big policeman said 'I'll deal with this' and proceeded to stop me and search me. He turned a lighthearted moment into something needless, and actually looked a bit stupid himself. I had nothing to hide and his search did not disturb me or upset me in the way he probably intended.

I agree with the other posters (Steve Maskrey and blueheaven) who say the police are just doing a job and that they should be respected. Absolutely.

The moral of my story is, of course, act your 46 years and not 12. I'll have to work on that one.

Oh, and don't even try to do anything even remotely lighthearted that involves the police. :laugh:

3 of my mates were thrown out for standing up..... just so happened it was when most of the away side of the East stand were up singing, and the copper picked one out as they had already been warned, the oher 2 went to see what happened and were also thrown out. One has been told to expect a ban already.

The dafty's on the pitch are celtic fans.... and complete arseholes aswel

3 of my mates were thrown out for standing up..... just so happened it was when most of the away side of the East stand were up singing, and the copper picked one out as they had already been warned, the oher 2 went to see what happened and were also thrown out. One has been told to expect a ban already.

The dafty's on the pitch are celtic fans.... and complete arseholes aswel

think i seen that.in front of me.i was standing up when it happened he did fawk all to me.fat plod he was he was looking to book someone all game.

cops need to use common sense