24/01/09 - Dunfermline Athletic (h)

The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when will it be replayed :(

Normally the Tuesday after the next weekend is the general rule of the SFL. Therefore, Tues 3rd Feb. Though there is something about games around this time being allowed to be delayed until March.

I would imagine both clubs will want the game out of the road as soon as possible.

there was a saints raith rovers game cancelled last season i think, was it not played the 1st tuesday night after the saturday it was meant for?

Both teams have to agree on it. It would seem though that the Pars would like to get the game on as soon as and the guy who runs the buses on DAfc.net is saying that Dunfermline have indicated to him that this Tuesday is fair enough for them!!!!

Both teams have to agree on it. It would seem though that the Pars would like to get the game on as soon as and the guy who runs the buses on DAfc.net is saying that Dunfermline have indicated to him that this Tuesday is fair enough for them!!!!

ah fair enough, the sooner the better

It's a woman called Ruth who organises the buses, plus it's Marvyn (another woman) who is charge of the DASC.

It's a pity about the game being off today as it's braw doon here. Rather chilly mind you, and a mid-week game means less numbers travelling up to your stadium mid-week.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Mon the Pars

Buffy

Ross County have re-arranged their postponed fixture with us to be played before their postponed fixture with Dunfermline I think, a game which was postponed before ours. I don't think there's any set rules on which games get played first.

The County game was different since we've taken advantage of both teams being out the cup to use a cup saturday to fulfill the fixture. If Clyde had beaten the Pars in the cup then they'd probably be playing their Dingwall game on Feb 7th.

Normally the Tuesday after the next weekend is the general rule of the SFL. Therefore, Tues 3rd Feb. Though there is something about games around this time being allowed to be delayed until March.

I would imagine both clubs will want the game out of the road as soon as possible.

They don't have to play it until March if it is a postponement during the January, february period. Suspect a saturday in February when the Scottish Cup is on might be a good shout.

Your board is surely taking the piss?

Why in the hell do you want in played in march?

Fecking joke, the postponement is fine, shit happens.

But then to then try and re-arrange it as far away as possible is just amateur stuff.

I would say we are using some sort of gamesmanship to try and gain some sort of advantage and I for one do not agree with it..Makes it look like we are running a bit scared.......:oops:

I would think that we will be looking at Saturday 28th March as that is a free playing day for us and them.

Scotland are away in Holland that day and there's no chance either club will upset their supporters by playing either that day or on the Sunday. Most likely date I would suggest is Tuesday 17th March.

I'd also suggest part of the problem we'd have had for Tuesday is finding staff to deal with 200+ hospitality guests. With the Raith game last year, it's always known if Scottish Cup games are postponed, they are played straight away but nobody was expecting this game to fall victim to the weather.

Scotland are away in Holland that day and there's no chance either club will upset their supporters by playing either that day or on the Sunday. Most likely date I would suggest is Tuesday 17th March.

I'd also suggest part of the problem we'd have had for Tuesday is finding staff to deal with 200+ hospitality guests. With the Raith game last year, it's always known if Scottish Cup games are postponed, they are played straight away but nobody was expecting this game to fall victim to the weather.

I just got off the phone with a mate who was in hospitality yesterday. He said that everyone was there and had their food and a swally ( Got one free drink from the club) and left about 5.30pm. He was told that they would get to come back for the re-arranged game and that everyone would all recieve the full package again free of any charges. He was also told by the club that the fixture WOULD be played on a SATURDAY in March...The ONLY free Saturday in March IS the 28th......

I just got off the phone with a mate who was in hospitality yesterday. He said that everyone was there and had their food and a swally ( Got one free drink from the club) and left about 5.30pm. He was told that they would get to come back for the re-arranged game and that everyone would all recieve the full package again free of any charges. He was also told by the club that the fixture WOULD be played on a SATURDAY in March...The ONLY free Saturday in March IS the 28th......
F'In better not be I am in Amsterdam, I know a lot of people who follow saints are also going........:evil:

If we are holding off to gain sort of advantage and I miss it as a season ticket holder because of this I will not be amused in the slight