Scotland Squad

Rodgers

Not a chance of 4-4-2 away to Holland, the rest of the team is sound though, McCormack will be dropped from that team and another midfielder slotted into the center

Agreed. Hartley will play just in front of the back 4 as he usually does in these big games.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for the guys who have forked out their money, to go and watch that dross, I mean wtf is Weir still doing in the squad?
Thats the thing you see, supporting your country is totally different to following saints. There's no moaning, its just 100% support on the day especially these bigger games. Its a big adventure, you can never grudge the financial layout following scotland whatever team they put out. We are limited in resources we just need to accept that.

Has Lee Wilkie not done enough to get called up? Weir is past it, he can make the mince standard of the current old firm but should not be on an international stage.

Ferguson has done nothing for a long time to merit being in there.

Now come on, dont be silly he has to sign for one half of the old firm before he would be considered to oust weir. :wink:

I feel sorry for the guys who have forked out their money, to go and watch that dross, I mean wtf is Weir still doing in the squad?

Paid for my ticket and don't regret it, never have and never will!

im looking forward to the matches tbh, hoping everyone stays fit.

im undecided whether Burley should go for it in Holland playing a 4-4-2 or to hit them on a break 4-5-1

if we're going to get beat 1-0 from the 4-5-1 id rather we at least went for it. Losing is losing, if its 1-0 or 3-0 . . . ?

Gotta be Berra and McManus at the back and Caldwell sitting in front. Hartley is too old and slow and I fear another 6-0 coming on.

Whats wrong with calling up Paul Hanlon from u-21's to senior side. Much fitter than the oldies of Naysmith and McAllister(dunno why he is there).

8 players out of the squad gave me the big question mark above my head. Surely better players than these ones. What was wrong with Burley not asking Andy Driver, fair enough he was born in England and is English but he has spent the best part of his life living, schooling and playing football in Scotland. He even wanted to be considered.

Where is Michael Stewart and Lee Wilkie from the squad. They are their teams captains but Burley calls up the likes of Gavin Rae?!?!? Charlie Mulgrew at Aberdeen for the troublesome left back area??

Hmmmm

how?

people keep saying its not a good squad? who else were you expecting? Novo?

for Scotland, its a good squad, key players are there, missing the odd one but your never going to have a full squad, all we need to do is pray no one drops out!

aye novo!! (sarcasm turned up to max). nah i dont want him anywhere near the team.

but surely we have got better than broadfoot and alexander, caldwell

Anybody but Weir, there must be a younger cb out there.

There is and i agree he probebly should not be there but he does bring something to the party

1 - Experience hes seen big games before, on and off the park he will be an asset

2 - I still think he can do a solid job and could be a good man marker of Huuntalar (sp?)

3 - For younger players he'll be there to guide them, but perhaps putting a younger CB in the squad would have been a better idea to learn from him, perhaps should have been done 6-8 months ago

Mikey - what's wrong with calling up Hanlon? Are you being serious? Stick him in for his first cap, which he is nowhere near ready for, in a game away to Holland?! Thank Christ you're no Scotland gaffer mate!

Michael Stewart is possibly a good shout for the future, but he wouldn't break into the midfield we have just now. Charlie Mulgrew ditto (but substitute the word "midfield" for "left back" obviously). However, regarding Lee Wilkie, think back to the last time he played in the Amsterdam Arena if it's not too painful. And I don't think he's a much better player now than he was then.

That is an especially poor strike force, if Lee Griffiths is Scottish he should be playing ahead of any of those picked

We've got a defender in the squad who plays for the bottom SPL team as well :shock:

We could do with Martin Hardie in the middle

I'd love to see Commons get 90mins. He's been a great player for Derby this season and could cause the Dutch some problems

agree! our very own robben.

think it'll be:

----------- McGregor---------------

Broadfoot McManus Caldwell Naysmith

-------------Hartley---------------

Brown Ferguson Fletcher Commons

-------------Miller---------------