Livi, It gets better or worse?!?

St Mikey

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLACH are in financial trouble but a couple of local businessmen are

fighting each other to buy them.

Caley cant get any fans never mind clach. Most clubs in the highland league have more money than the third and second division teams. Thats why Elgin are unable to compete there is more money in the highland league and less travelling to do.

Ferranti Thistle no more ? This club have punched above their weight for years. They were subsidised at Meadowbank by having low rent from the council and still nobody came or cared. They then went to a fairly densely populated area with no senior team,rented a ground from the council again (without actually paying for it),spent various peoples money on players etc.they could not afford,treated their fans like shit and still nobody came.Dont like to see clubs in bother but Gr£tna and Livi will NOT be missed.Give Spartans a chance.New ground ,football academy, community involvement and ex-Saintee as manager.

Its funny how its being blamed on this guy just because he is foreign. Livi screwed themselves years ago and never recovered from it. Flynn covered it up and jumped ship in time for it all to hit the fans with the Italians.

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT SCREWING THEMSELVES FOR YEARS BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE SOME OUTSIDER, SOME JOHNNY FOREIGNER COMING IN AND FINISHING THE JOB OFF, FLOUTING RULES, SCREWING SMALL BUSINESSES BY NOT PAYING THE BILLS AND COUNTLESS OTHER SINS AGAINST SCOTLAND AND SCOTTISH FOOTBALL.

MILES, MASONNI,HOW MANY MORE WILL TRY.

WE SHOULD GET IT SORTED NOW:twisted:

Apparently the court is hearing West Lothian Council's petition to have the liars & cheats placed in administration today. Let's hope this is finally the end for them. Don't forget we have suffered more than most from the likes of Gretna and Livi. They signed many of our best players, doubling their salaries, when they simply couldn't afford to do so. That's cheating in my book. For a club that has existed for 15 years (as Livi) to go into administration twice is a disgrace. Now get tae **** once and for all!!

Thats them Official in Admin - i wonder if the SFL with remove them from the leagues or just give them a -10 point headstart on their downward plight
10 point deficit appears logical to me. An automatic relagation at this stage would cause Chaos with fixtures. Potential promotion of SFL2 team (who would also have had printed/sold season tickets on SFL2 Budgets etc). Cant see it happening any other way

Still not fully accpeted on Companies House Website. Just done a wee check.

Is this fitting??<object width="320" height="265"></object>

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

10 point deficit appears logical to me. An automatic relagation at this stage would cause Chaos with fixtures. Potential promotion of SFL2 team (who would also have had printed/sold season tickets on SFL2 Budgets etc). Cant see it happening any other way

Im sure there where several talks and masone assured the SFL that everything was ok and agreed that the wages would always be paid - if they failed to do so they may have been demoted to Div 3

Im sure there where several talks and masone assured the SFL that everything was ok and agreed that the wages would always be paid - if they failed to do so they may have been demoted to Div 3
I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the Clyde Chairman and they (Clyde or another SFL2 side) regained their status now after releasing their entire team!

Just cant see it. As much as demotion would be punishment to fit the crime, Scottish football again be laughing stock

I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the Clyde Chairman and they (Clyde or another SFL2 side) regained their status now after releasing their entire team!

Just cant see it. As much as demotion would be punishment to fit the crime, Scottish football again be laughing stock

It would be Airdrie who came back up wouldn't it?

It would go right through the divisions too, with Cowdenbeath, the division 2 play-off runners up possibly being asked to play in the 2nd division. I feel this also has a huge impact on the fans enjoyment of following their club throughout the season. For teams like Cowden and Airdrie, the fans will now have gotten over the play-off disappointment, and will have been looking forward to next seasons title challenge, and winning games, which obviously makes for better days out at the football. If either of these teams were made to play in a higher division they would be on a hiding to nothing from the off due to the preparations they have taken to play in the lower division. I'm sure the excitement for the coming season would be drained from the fans.

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but if it does the SFL should take a long hard look at themselves.....again!

Speaking to a livvy fan - admin punishments are -15 starting and demotion to Div 3

There are no fixed penalties, it's at the discretion of the SFL. Gretna were relegated to the third division because of their ground and because their administrator indicated that they couldn't survive at 1st Division level.

Once again though in regard to this whole thing, the SFL have proved themselves to be next to useless. Anybody with half a brain could see administration coming months ago, the first BBC report I can find on their trouble (this time) was in November and it's clearly been getting worse with every passing month. Why have the SFL not done anything yet or at least made some sort of statement? The powers that be in Scottish football are pathetic.

Unfortunately the League cannot demote Livi as of 3pm tomorrow as far as I am aware - the Scottish Football League season has begun and there are no ways for a new club to be entered if the season is underway. When Gretna folded, they folded before the fixtures had even been considered, therefore Team X (now Annan Athletic) were able to be included on the fixture computer and teams able to prepare accordingly.

What will likely happen is that a points penalty will be imposed and potentially the club could be fined (though that would obviously have no effect). Another option would be exclusion from cup competitions under the jurisdiction of the SFL and, if they so choose, the SFA.

They won't get relegated this season. The most the SFL will do is deduct some points as a punishment. As long as they survive there is nothing else that the SFL can do. They may well then get relegated at the end of the season given the points deduction. The SFL will ask again for an assurance that they can fullfill their fixture and if the administrator gives these assurances ( which is not guarantee) then they will remain in the 1st. Only If he says they cannot fulfill their fixtures will they suffer harsher punishment. I would think that they would be asked to resign their league membership. I reckon a 15/20 point deduction might be given which would almost certainly mean relegation..

They won't get relegated this season. The most the SFL will do is deduct some points as a punishment. As long as they survive there is nothing else that the SFL can do. They may well then get relegated at the end of the season given the points deduction. The SFL will ask again for an assurance that they can fullfill their fixture and if the administrator gives these assurances ( which is not guarantee) then they will remain in the 1st. Only If he says they cannot fulfill their fixtures will they suffer harsher punishment. I would think that they would be asked to resign their league membership. I reckon a 15/20 point deduction might be given which would almost certainly mean relegation..
Yes I would have to agree. Then when they start stripping what assets they have, no chance of recovery. Good - couldnt happen to a nicer team. Do you think we could buy their drum just to annoy the OF?