Livi, It gets better or worse?!?

St Mikey

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they go to the wall can we get our money back for Davidson and Murray?

If they do go tits up I'd be tempted to not bother replacing them, there are probably too many professional teams as it is in Scotland and a bit of natural wastage combined with some restructuring might just get the SFL into a better position.

Has been said they turned down £300,000 from dundee for grffiths.

The livi trust (who should be let no where near a football club) offer the chairman £2 for the club saying it would be a profit for him.

Supporters were near enough fighting after the supporters meeting last night and someone left a note on Massones car saying that if he did not leave he would get a doing!!

so whats worse the fans or the club?

They have pretty much taken to BEGGING now..If that's not bringing the game into disrepute I don't know what is...Get them to feck NOW..

Totally Agree, an absolute joke of a football club. Living in West Lothian and talking to people it seems no one cares and it wouldnt be a great loss to Scottish football. I feel for the staff who have only done their job and people higher up have messed it up but there are more deserving clubs which will be run better that can take their place.

Totally Agree, an absolute joke of a football club. Living in West Lothian and talking to people it seems no one cares and it wouldnt be a great loss to Scottish football. I feel for the staff who have only done their job and people higher up have messed it up but there are more deserving clubs which will be run better that can take their place.

Some people care a lot most of the ones who dont care see to be in the livi trust!!

Ha Ha comedy gold.

Massone is a bit of a numpty, he makes himself look like a 7 year old with his posts. Can you imagine Geoff Brown posting on here in the same manner and tone? Let the soap opera continue

If they do go tits up I'd be tempted to not bother replacing them, there are probably too many professional teams as it is in Scotland and a bit of natural wastage combined with some restructuring might just get the SFL into a better position.

How can you say that after the success Annan have had in thier first season in the SFL. There are a number of teams (Spartans and Cove Rangers being two examples) who are significantly better run than Livvy and Dundee, and more than deserve a place in the SFL and I hope they get it soon.

How can you say that after the success Annan have had in thier first season in the SFL. There are a number of teams (Spartans and Cove Rangers being two examples) who are significantly better run than Livvy and Dundee, and more than deserve a place in the SFL and I hope they get it soon.

I say it because of the state clubs like Livi, Stirling, Stranraer and Gretna have got themselves into in the last few years. I'm sure there are plenty of well run clubs kicking about in the non-league set-ups but Gretna were once a well run club and now look at them. If you constantly replace these failing clubs who have little or no fan base with similarly sized clubs then you're not learning any lessons from the past.

For what it's worth, I'd be in favour of a pyramid system that gave teams from the non-league set-up a chance of getting into the league but it would have to come with significant reform of the way clubs are allowed to be run particularly with regard to the %age of their turnover that can be spent on wages.

I say it because of the state clubs like Livi, Stirling, Stranraer and Gretna have got themselves into in the last few years. I'm sure there are plenty of well run clubs kicking about in the non-league set-ups but Gretna were once a well run club and now look at them. If you constantly replace these failing clubs who have little or no fan base with similarly sized clubs then you're not learning any lessons from the past.

Ok, I see your point, however the trouble Gretna and Livvy have got themselves in is primarily because of the people who have taken them over, and have failed to adopt a long term approach to the club. I have to be honest and say I am unaware as to why Stirling and Stranraer find themselves in such difficulties, but surely this point emphasises a need to have screening process of any potential new owner to ensure they are fit for the purpose of owning a football club.

For what it's worth, I'd be in favour of a pyramid system that gave teams from the non-league set-up a chance of getting into the league but it would have to come with significant reform of the way clubs are allowed to be run particularly with regard to the %age of their turnover that can be spent on wages.

This would without doubt be an ideal scenario, but it would take alot of hard work, organising and commitment, something that the people in charge of scottish football are clearly too shy to approach.

spot the contradiction.