Pre-Season Friendlies - 2009/10

ryangordon86

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard a rumour from my pal tht a 17year left back from madrid was training for saints...........might be for reserves or youth team tho, nt sure-its my pal grant btw, haha training with the u 19's

Edited by R_mac

It was versus Rushden & Diamonds in Warwick you dork:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aha, silly me thinking it was the Queens game everybody was reffering too.

Still, thats dedication from the forum members who went all that way to let us know how the team did. I must say. Christ, thats halfway down England.

Now that I think about it, thats a lot of money for travelling. Should just make the bloody players jog round McDiarmid and save the dosh to spend on floodlights/a lawnmower/slush puppie machines in the stands.

See another issue surfacing here and that is - why did a manager agree to allow some fans into a "closed doors" game.......does this now mean that if other supporters ask to be allowed in and are refused that those people can draw reference to those being allowed into the Rushden game ?

See another issue surfacing here and that is - why did a manager agree to allow some fans into a "closed doors" game.......does this now mean that if other supporters ask to be allowed in and are refused that those people can draw reference to those being allowed into the Rushden game ?

I should hope so because I hate the idea of bounce games. Why not, if played at home, open them to the public and charge a couple of pounds. If nothing else, it'd give the old aged pensioners something to do on a wednesday afternoon.

I should hope so because I hate the idea of bounce games. Why not, if played at home, open them to the public and charge a couple of pounds. If nothing else, it'd give the old aged pensioners something to do on a wednesday afternoon.

The associated costs of letting in a few members of the public would end up costing the club many thousands of pounds (policing/stewarding/H&S/cleaning etc).

It's fairly normal for small numbers of fans to make it to closed doors games. I remember going to a supposedly "closed doors" game against East Stirling at Grangemouth Stadium a few years back when there was actually a fairly large Saints crowd. From the sound of things quite a few people are planning on trying to go to the one at St Andrews as well. Obviously if a game's being played in a stadium then whoever's running the stadium can prevent people from getting in, but when it's being played on playing fields I doubt a few people turning up and watching would ever be seen as much of an issue.

Just want to clarify a few things:

1) the 99a, b or c from Dundee bus station comes every 15mins and takes you direct to standrews bus station which is a ten min walk from st.andrews uni pitches, however the 96 bus which does take longer and goes through Tayport actually comes in from the other side and passes the football pitches. So if you were to get the 96 bus you just need to ask the driver to let you know when you passing the university football pitches and he will let you off.

2) the game is indeed 'closed doors' however the geography of the pitches would make it very difficult to police. There are 5 or 6 different official entrances to the playing fields around its perimeter fences.

You'll find the local people very helpful so if anyone gets lost or just needs some directions i'd advise asking.

Ghost, can I rely on you to buy me a pint of cheap chemical lager in Glenavon? Hopefully all fans can come together and support the club in a jovial manner.

Have you not been reading posts I'm a Ceoliac and can't drink lager. But I do like harmony, appreciate the role that moderation plays in our lives, and hope that we horse Motherwell when they are still in Europe.

International Man of Mystery was in McDiarmid yesterday. Got out of MMM's Car and went straight in with Del.......

He must live on west coast then, or maybe flew in via Glasgow airport, or had his own car which broke down near Dunblane, or was staying at Gleneagles but was kicked out for fighting with Graeme Souness and Gazza's wife in the front bar, or maybe he is having a torrid love-affair with Martin.

Its great not knowing.

Thats some bouncer he has now.It will take a brave man to mess with the new player.Step up Ghostie......:cool:

Moi?????:laugh:

My days of noising up our players are over...( no matter how bad I think they get).

I pledge to stick to match officials and opposition players only this season..

Who's that b****** in the black/fluorescent green/ orange or what ever colour they will be wearing this term...:wink: