Could We Lose McInnes?

CynicalSaintee

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bookies favourite Derek McInnes wants the Albion job if it becomes available with Tony Mowbray’s departure to Celtic.

McInnes favourite for Albion job

While I don't doubt it's true that he'd want the job if/when it comes up, the lack of a quote or even a "sources close to McInnes said" suggests that the article is just a bit of supposition.

While I don't doubt it's true that he'd want the job if/when it comes up, the lack of a quote or even a "sources close to McInnes said" suggests that the article is just a bit of supposition.

Good point, although with the huge managerial merry-go-round happening both north and south of the border, its looking like we have a stern test on our hands to keep Del.

Good point, although with the huge managerial merry-go-round happening both north and south of the border, its looking like we have a stern test on our hands to keep Del.

Agreed

I'd love to keep him here and I still think we will. If it was anyone other than WBA I'd be 99% certain but since its them I'm only 51% certain. As for a replacement there isn't really anyone from within the club now that fits the bill so from outside the club maybe, Michael O'Neill. Whether he leaves Ireland though remains to be seen too.

Is it beyind the realms of possibility that Sturrock might contemplate a return North nearing the end of his career since his health isn't getting any better? I think he'd certainly keep us stable and in the SPL.

Is it beyind the realms of possibility that Sturrock might contemplate a return North nearing the end of his career since his health isn't getting any better? I think he'd certainly keep us stable and in the SPL.

During half time of the QOS game on BBC Alba, they had an interview with Sturrock. He sated he had many ambitions he would still like to achieve in his managerial career. He emphasised he felt he had unfinished business at Dundee Utd, although he also mentioned Saints. He did however add he wasn't sure if Geoff would have him back with his advancing years.

Do you really think he is manager material? More of a number two coach type i think

Yeah. When he arrived I thought he was a perennial assistant but he has impressed me greatly since his arrival. Rusty, reckons his transformation is largely down to the Tony Doc and I've heard similar stories from other players.

Don't underestimate the wee man.

Yeah. When he arrived I thought he was a perennial assistant but he has impressed me greatly since his arrival. Rusty, reckons his transformation is largely down to the Tony Doc and I've heard similar stories from other players.

Don't underestimate the wee man.

I rarely agree with you but I find it impossible to disagree on this point:laugh:

He's exactly the guy I would give the job to if Del buggers off although of course he might bugger off as well.

As for Hardie... No way. Infact I would go as far as to say apart from Alan Main I would not consider giving the job ( should it come up) to any of the current playing staff...

I'm not convinced that Doc would go to Engerlund.

Me neither but Sandy Stewart fell into the same category and he's done very well. Our most successful manager ever, statistically, any chance he'd fancy another crack at the managerial whip, doubt he'd leave EPL though.

I rarely agree with you but I find it impossible to disagree on this point:laugh:

He's exactly the guy I would give the job to if Del buggers off although of course he might bugger off as well.

As for Hardie... No way. Infact I would go as far as to say apart from Alan Main I would not consider giving the job ( should it come up) to any of the current playing staff...

alan main as manager, interesting choice