Player of the Season

LewGti

Slighty drunk right now so please excuse any spelling mistakes. :wink: But here goes anyway....With the season in its final games now, who would you say has been saintees player of the season. The star saintee if you will.

I would have to say GORAN STANIC. What a signing this guy has been for us, and what a season he has had. Man of the match several times and again today.

Also a mention to Kevin Rutkiewicz who for me has also been a top performer and also pitching in with a few goals.

So who has been your Player of the Season.

You'll need to put an agre limit on young player! I imagine 30 is young to some forum members!

I just thought of that when i was going to post mine - we only really have Jacko/Doris to choose from as i'm sure not a lot of forumers will have seen the 19s!

Will we say Under 24?

Quite simply because he has not let us down once this season and has handled his latest kick in the gonads with dignity.

Is that the qualification required to be Player of the Year these days? There's no way Cuthbert is anywhere near Player of the Year.

Player of the Year - Goran Stanic

Clubman of the year - Kevin James

Cult Hero - Kevin Rutkiewicz

Didn't vote for a Young Player as I haven't seen any of the U19s and there are no obvious candidates in the first team this season.

I struggle to see how anyone can say Cuthbert - the guy was dropped halfway through the season and hasn't played since, after all.

I have nothing against Cuthbert but i agree with Blueheaven and Dev on this one. I think if he had played more games then maybe he could be a contender for player of the season. I dont see how he can be out best performer if he has been sitting on the bench when guys like Sheridan, Goran, James and Ruti have been great.

Player of the Year - Goran Stanic - Stan's the man! 8)

Young Player of the Year - Based on my list above there's very few candidates. Probably Jacko for his continous improvment whilst at Cowdenbeth/Forfar and looking a different player in the brief spell he was back. However, having watched quite a few 19s games this season i think McCallum and Black are also worth a mention. Balck has been improving gradually over the season and putting in solid performance on the occasion i've seen him.....McCallum with some cracking footwork, great pace and an eye for (spectacular!) goals - improved mucho since turning full time! Keep it up lads!

Clubman of the year - Between Ruti/Milne/James ( :o:lol: ) for me...Milne :)

Cult Hero Black/Ruti.......Ruti

Out of that list i posted earlier........

Dorris

Jackson

McCallum

Dyer

Fox

Black

Moon

Deary

Not many will have seen the above playing, if so only briefly in first team (i.e Dorris/Jackson)

Anderson - had a poor season by his form last season.

Cuthbert? Dropped half way through so effectively takes him out the running.

Stevenson - Gash.

Dobbie - not had much of a chance this season.

Peaso (24?) Another good chunk of a season written off for him!

Mensing - silly mistakes causing so many suspensions therefore once that aspects out of his game (which he has been better at lately IMO - and seems to admit that he needs to concentrate on that part of his game in interviews) he'd be in the running.

Jancjyk - WHOOOOOOOOOOOO? :roll::wink:

Winter - only been here short period, had a solid first game but been fairly quiet since...

Not much choice!

This thread is a good idea but would be easier to read if it didn't contain debates as well as votes.

Stanic is my player of the year - as someone said yesterday when he was voted sponsers man of the match - he is the only player of consistent high quality

Maybe the mods could seperate votes into a VOTES only thread and leave this as a discussion thread?

Why's that? I'm not disagreeing with you - I just wonder what criteria is used for this award. Has Milne done anything particularly clubman-ish(?) since his arrival?

Dnt know what hazels reasons were but for me its how he always tracks back and gives 100 % for the cause.

Thought it would be a good idea to create a poll to make the voting a bit clearer. I voted for Stanic. While a month ago he might not have got my vote, I think the consistent level of his performances have been superb, and the class and composure he shows belongs at a higher level.

While a number of Coyle's signings, most notably James and Sheridan have also been outstanding, its also been great to see the vast improvement in Rutkiewicz and Sheerin's performances compared to those of last season. Indeed, Rusty would probably be my second choice with Sheerin at 3.

Young player of the year is a difficult one, as there hasn't really been anyone apart from Stevenson getting a run in the team that really qualifies for that category, but I don't think he's really shown enough to deserve that honour. Will probably therefore go for Jackson, as he seems to have improved his all round game a lot as a result of his loan spells.

Clubman of the year has to be Kevin James - superb leader and an inspiration on the park, and not afraid to call a spade a bloody shovel, the type of quality we've been missing since Jim Weir's retirement.

Cult hero of the year is another toughie, but I'll go for Jason Scotland. Can be intensely frustrating, but has also scored some stunning goals and, at his best, plays with flair that we've not seen at Mcd since the days of Miguel. Plus, he's gonna hit a hat-trick against the English this summer :lol: