4. ARBROATH -v- ST. JOHNSTONE

5. PARTICK THISTLE -v- QUEEN OF THE SOUTH

6. ALLOA ATHLETIC -v- DUNDEE UNITED

7. HIBERNIAN -v- BRECHIN CITY

8. ROSS COUNTY -v- HAMILTON ACADEMICAL

9. KILMARNOCK -v- MORTON

10. AYR UNITED -v- ST. MIRREN

Arbroath away - not bad at all.

Few shocks on the cards too - Accies and St Mirren are both candidates.

Something has to give in Fife derby, and Thistle v QOS means another First Div contender will fall too.

Could have been a whole lot worse.

This is as good a draw as you can wish for this time of year. Gayfield is a vision of the good old days and now that we're an SPL club, we should take a fairly decent sized support there. Tutties Neuk is a cracking little boozer, and perfect for a last second pint.

One of my favourite memories as a Saints fan was when we played Arbroath away early one season. Paul Hartley scored the winner in a 1-0 win on a glorious day in the sunshine. Arbroath were in the process of rebuilding their main stand, so the entire Saints board were standing on the terraces with all the fans. Great times and something that'd never happen at a bigger club.

Edited by Noose76

Not bad, though I doubt very much I will be able to make it up to Arbroath midweek. :cry:

I'd like to see Raith absolutly hammer Dunfermline in the Fife derby.

Predictions

1. INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE 2 - 0 ALBION ROVERS

2. FORFAR ATHLETIC 1 - 3 DUNDEE

3. DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC 1 - 4 RAITH ROVERS

4. ARBROATH 0 - 3 ST. JOHNSTONE

5. PARTICK THISTLE 1 - 1 QUEEN OF THE SOUTH

6. ALLOA ATHLETIC 0 - 5 DUNDEE UNITED

7. HIBERNIAN 4 - 1 BRECHIN CITY

8. ROSS COUNTY 1 - 2 HAMILTON ACADEMICAL

9. KILMARNOCK 0 - 1 MORTON

10. AYR UNITED 0 - 1 ST. MIRREN

Great draw. Don't mean any disrespect to anyone but is the the third round seeded as well ?

Yep but as has been said, it'll be hard for us to make the seeded pot as there are six SPL clubs entering at that stage, so we'd need five of the six teams (Dundee Utd, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, St Mirren, ICT) currently seeded higher than us to lose.

I agree that it's a pretty good draw though. Arbroath had a decent result on Saturday and will probably be aiming for a top five spot in the Second Division this season but we should have too much for them if we approach it right. Decent wee ground as well.

This is as good a draw as you can wish for this time of year. Gayfield is a vision of the good old days and now that we're an SPL club, we should take a fairly decent sized support there. Tutties Neuk is a cracking little boozer, and perfect for a last second pint.

One of my favourite memories as a Saints fan was when we played Arbroath away early one season. Paul Hartley scored the winner in a 1-0 win on a glorious day in the sunshine. Arbroath were in the process of rebuilding their main stand, so the entire Saints board were standing on the terraces with all the fans. Great times and something that'd never happen at a bigger club.

Think I might have been at that game. And the first football ground I ever went to, apart from Muirton, was Gayfield, so I've always had a soft spot for it.