#10 - 03/10/09 - Hamilton Accies 0-2 Saints - SPL

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somebody very famous, never heard of a 90 minute silence for anyone else before

Sadly those wankers behind us didn't die. I'm all for freedom of speech but if your only reason for going to a football match is to tell Saints players that they're "first division" you deserve a quick coffin.

That 'stand' was still louder than the Main and East stands usually are on match days. I haven't heard a really good atmosphere at McDiarmid since the second half of the championship game in May.

When the home support is as big as this you are never going to get a proper atmosphere.

Mind you they may get a few more **** without tickets flying that flag :mad:

CIMG7457.jpg

Sadly those wankers behind us didn't die. I'm all for freedom of speech but if your only reason for going to a football match is to tell Saints players that they're "first division" you deserve a quick coffin.

There was some knob sitting behind me shouting "ooooooh GAY" every time Cerny took a goal kick. Fair enough, the man is a knob with the amount of time he was taking every time, but this guy's banter was terrible.

There was some knob sitting behind me shouting "ooooooh GAY" every time Cerny took a goal kick. Fair enough, the man is a knob with the amount of time he was taking every time, but this guy's banter was terrible.

Cerny 1 - 0 Saints Fans

How big a smile must Cerny have been wearing at every goal kick. Our fans need a common sense check. If a player is deliberately trying to goad us, please don't let him or at least don't be noisy about it. It never works, they hardly ever get yellow carded. Just relax and start a Saints song.

He seemed to concerntrate very hard on what he was doing. All of kicks went to exactly the same place. Became quickly obvious where it was going to land.

I said that early on, couldn't believe it took 6 or 7 of them until we stuck MMM underneath them. It was almost like watching a golfer trying to hit the flag.

He took a while with a few early on but by midway through the first half he was being moaned at before he'd even got the ball back from the ballboys!

I think our moaning went a long way to getting him booked, don't think he was taking his time on purpose because he didn't even speed up when they went behind

He seemed to concerntrate very hard on what he was doing. All of kicks went to exactly the same place. Became quickly obvious where it was going to land.

Can't say I noticed where he was hitting them but if they were going to the same place each time he was doing well as that wind couldn't make its mind up what it was doing!

There's been a lot of Ando Ass Kissing taking place on here this past week, am I the only one that thought he wasted an awful lot of possession? Too often he was putting the ball out the park when there was a decent pass on, most of the time without looking to see what was around him. I understand he's not match fit but i though his ball retention could've been much better

Edited by ryangordon86

Can't say I noticed where he was hitting them but if they were going to the same place each time he was doing well as that wind couldn't make its mind up what it was doing!

They were heading to their right midfielder every time mate, without fail. His kicking was excellent considering the conditions

There's been a lot of Ando Ass Kissing taking place on here this past week, am I the only one that thought he wasted an awful lot of possession? Too often he was putting the ball out the park when there was a decent pass on, most of the time without looking to see what was around him. I understand he's not match fit but i though his ball retention could've been much better

Liam gave away a needless corner which I was glad we never got punished from. Good thing Scott Wilson was not about. I thought that was worse than anything Anderson did.

There was a classic central defender moment when Ando got past two guys and into a bit of space in midfield, he then lost all composure and passed it straight to one of their guys.

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it kick a football properly!

Ando played well on Saturday, credit where it's due, but he is still pony and certainly doesn't deserve the "Ass Kissing" as you put it!

Ando's long balls were incredible throughout the game. He also had the presence of mind to run the ball out of defence at every available opportunity.

He got lucky! :wink: I can't say i noticed his long passing but several times he put us under needless pressure by sticking the ball out for a throw 30 yards from our goal line. A better team would make us pay for such sloppy play

He got lucky! :wink: I can't say i noticed his long passing but several times he put us under needless pressure by sticking the ball out for a throw 30 yards from our goal line. A better team would make us pay for such sloppy play

Don't be ridiculous. Rule one of good defending is "If in doubt, hit it out". The best possible tactic is to thump the ball into the stands from defense if you are under pressure. Anderson did everything right last saturday, running the ball out when he could, passing it when he could, and thumping the ball up the park when he had to. Far from putting us "under needless pressure", thumping the ball into the stands allows the defense time to organise itself and get some breathing space.

Ando played well on Saturday, credit where it's due, but he is still pony and certainly doesn't deserve the "Ass Kissing" as you put it!

Agreed i have always thought he was a decent player anywhere is defense, he is our utility player in defense as i have seen him play left, centre and right back at times.

P.S. The only atmosphere at the game was my and my pal booing and slating that coagie ba$t@rd curier everytime he touched the ball!

Edited by Arsenal_Saintee
Cant spell!