#10 - 03/10/09 - Hamilton Accies 0-2 Saints - SPL

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really happy with our first win of the season. Accies were pish, particularly first half where they just defended. That was about it really. We played well, controlled the first half and for once got in front at a good time.

Second half I honestly believe that we deliberately sat back and tried to protect our lead. Say what you like but it worked and we didn't concede a goal. Who knows? If we had kept attacking we may have lost our lead so for me Del did what I have thought he was going to do the last few weeks and he went negative.

It wasn't pretty and yes we could've retained possession a lot better second half but it's a starting point to work from. A clean sheet and a 2-0 victory away from home. Nobody should be complaining about this.

Top performers for me were Hardie, Liam, Ando and Garts oh and a mention for Danny "great right peg" Grainger, what a strike that was!

On the down side Deuchar and Savo both look out of their depth which is disappointing and worrying and Jody had an off day but I'll let him off, he's allowed one in a while.

They were pish apart from that boy McArthur? He looked good in the middle. That blonde haired striker was the worst I've seen in a long time. Even though they had more of the play second half I was never worried and knew we'd win.

Bring on the shitey Rangers!

Del should spend less time thinking and more time asking me what to do!

Andrews and Curier were the standouts in a crap team....

And before anyone dobs me in, yes I did drive to Cliftonhill; but it wasn't my fault. Fecking TomTom has both Accies and Albion's grounds programmed to Albion's dump:oops:

Good to meet up with our Erskine supporter and his Dundee supporting pal (don't ask). Also the shexy lady - who's forum name is a lie!

Now I'm off to find the post where Cynical said that Grainger cannae strike a ball:laugh:

Was nice to meet you too... but why is my name a lie...?

The game was shite tbh, we got a win. The end.

McD yeah I think the usual for this season which has been around 600. That home support was horrendous for a premier team. Even if they are a wee club they should be getting more than that. Makes me thankful for what we have. Even though we're a wee club we never have too bad a following unless things are really bad of course. Fantastic sight seeing them all streaming for the exits when Danny's flew in!

Well done to everyone that turned up today in atrocious weather.Ando 2 games 2 wins.Can't argue with that.If he could get his distribution a wee bit better i would of picked him for m/o/m.Danger was playing rcb just before he scored.He has been looking to do that for a few weeks(scoring that is).I agree with a few people that the introduction of a young lad would nt of hurt at the end.Well done saints.Lets get Walter his books next:laugh:.

Who was Caff going to be coming on for before the injury to the Doc? Thought it was quite a negative sub as we had been under a lot of pressure. But he did well to soak up anything that came his way and help out ando and garters.

Craigs crosses were not great today from open play, too much height and little pace. I prefer the way grainger puts the ball in at a good level and with pace behind it.

Well done to everyone that turned up today in atrocious weather.Ando 2 games 2 wins.Can't argue with that.If he could get his distribution a wee bit better i would of picked him for m/o/m.Danger was playing rcb just before he scored.He has been looking to do that for a few weeks(scoring that is).I agree with a few people that the introduction of a young lad would nt of hurt at the end.Well done saints.Lets get Walter his books next:laugh:.

Nobody's passing was up to scratch today. Ando hit the best long balls of the game. Credit where it's due. He also went on a few forward runs when the wind was at it's worst. Good thinking. He did something similar at Gayfield last year and Doc gave him praise for his footballing intellect.

Some great posts on Accies forum tonight...

http://www.setbb.com/acciesworld/viewtopic.php?t=9687&mforum=acciesworld

Only positive note was leaving to attend the game to get a call telling me Andrews and Evans were in for Marko and Mensing so managed to get a tenner on Saints as i knew what was coming from those two(f**k all) so that will pay for a beer later on .

I cant understand on corners against us some of the tactics we use.If we have all the players back,when the ball is headed out to the edge of the area there are two free Accies players waiting to have a shot.Even teams that leave their attacker or 2 up for corners still have a player at the edge of the box to retrieve the ball or knock it on to the forward.Very frustrating that we have all our players back inside our box for corners.It would be interesting to hear Dels take on it.

Nobody's passing was up to scratch today. Ando hit the best long balls of the game. Credit where it's due. He also went on a few forward runs when the wind was at it's worst. Good thinking. He did something similar at Gayfield last year and Doc gave him praise for his footballing intellect.
I did just say a wee bit better:cry:

I cant understand on corners against us some of the tactics we use.If we have all the players back,when the ball is headed out to the edge of the area there are two free Accies players waiting to have a shot.Even teams that leave their attacker or 2 up for corners still have a player at the edge of the box to retrieve the ball or knock it on to the forward.Very frustrating that we have all our players back inside our box for corners.It would be interesting to hear Dels take on it.

If you can remember our defensive set-up for corners at the start of last season, anything is an improvement. :wink:

The first objective when defending a corner is to defend.

I would love to see a bit more variety when we are taking corners but that is another story.