#40 - 12/04/11 - Saints 0-1 Celtic - SPL

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13053087.stm

Brown's foul on May is even more blatant than I thought at the time.

the commentators on the radio couldn't believe that the ref never awarded the free kick and believe Brown should have walked - what difference that might have made to the game :roll:

But, as we know, that doesn't happen for teams like us.....but, the Gartland sending off a couple of seasons ago - that does :roll::roll:

But, as we know, that doesn't happen for teams like us.....but, the Gartland sending off a couple of seasons ago - that does :roll::roll:

Exactly. The worst thing is though that you just end up accepting it. Happens every time we play one of them and you just grow out of getting enraged.

Exactly. The worst thing is though that you just end up accepting it. Happens every time we play one of them and you just grow out of getting enraged.

Sending Brown off would have possibly meant him missing the final OF game of the season....can't have that now can we :shock: Sellick would have been outraged at the obvious preference the SFA have for Rangers winning the league :roll:

So I'am a weirdo, a fanny and a t***, because I don't like IRA and Child abuse chants, you could'nt make it up eh? at least I know where some members of this forum stand on these issues

i was involved in singin and shouting at charlie mulgrew because my opinion of the man is that he is scum! and the abuse song is more fact, i wasnt abused.

Sending Brown off would have possibly meant him missing the final OF game of the season....can't have that now can we :shock: Sellick would have been outraged at the obvious preference the SFA have for Rangers winning the league :roll:

If he sent Brown off he would have had to pick a random Saints player to send off to even it up. I'd rather he just didn't give decisions and let the players get on with their own made up rules :cool:

Was there any reason why Celtic fans were allowed in with a massive wooden stick for one of there flags?

It's fair enough that stewards can't stop them standing due to the number of them that travel but this was about 6ft long and there's no way it could have been hidden.

It's fair enough that stewards can't stop them standing due to the number of them that travel but this was about 6ft long and there's no way it could have been hidden.

For most of the game there were only small pockets of them standing yet the stewards and police didn't so much as look at them never mind tell them to sit down.

One guy was aloud to jump out of the Ormond stand at the corner to grab a breeze block for keeping his flag from blowing away! The steward even helped him with it at one point. You'd be banned from McD for life if you were a Saints fan caught doing that.

For most of the game there were only small pockets of them standing yet the stewards and police didn't so much as look at them never mind tell them to sit down.

One guy was aloud to jump out of the Ormond stand at the corner to grab a breeze block for keeping his flag from blowing away! The steward even helped him with it at one point. You'd be banned from McD for life if you were a Saints fan caught doing that.

Where was the public announcement asking spectators to sit down ?.
Its different health and safety rules that apply when Celtic and Rangers come to town.I think its the same ones we use when we go to Hibs,Hearts and Motherwell.They are called "please yourself" and "not worth the paper they're written on".

Where was the public announcement asking spectators to sit down ?.

The Match Commander has the final say as to whether or not fans should be permitted to stand.

For some reason Sellick fans are ALWAYS permitted to stand at McDiarmid Park.

There must be a wee codicil in McDiarmid Park's Health And Safety Certificate which says "As it is an all seater stadium fans of all* teams must sit doon at all times or McDiarmid Park's safety certificate will be revoked".

*with the exception of the fans of Sellick FC.

The Match Commander has the final say as to whether or not fans should be permitted to stand.

For some reason Sellick fans are ALWAYS permitted to stand at McDiarmid Park.

There must be a wee codicil in McDiarmid Park's Health And Safety Certificate which says "As it is an all seater stadium fans of all* teams must sit doon at all times or McDiarmid Park's safety certificate will be revoked".

*with the exception of the fans of Sellick FC.

Maybe it's so the staff don't have to wash the shit off the seats