Massive Blue and White army away day 2 , Falkirk 13/03/2010

Ginger Bakers rebel army

The first quarter of the season has seen us play some fantastic football and we could have easily been sitting in a top 6 position.

I think it would be great to arrange another away day . What I have in mind is Falkirk on the 2nd of January. Games against the bottom clubs will be critical to our leauge position. We will take a decent support to this one as it is the New Year game but if we all work together we could take a massive support.

It will be great for the players to run out to a sea of blue and white and a wall of sound.

The away end at Falkirk holds 2,000 , I am sure we can fill it.If we take more than 2,000 they will have to open the temporary seats that the old firm fans get in addition to the away end.

It is not just about going to the game ,it is about going with the same party attitude we all went to Dunfermline with. We sing from the moment we get there.

We can all help promote this , I will speak to the PA and to saints and get us some publicity . I will also ask saints to see if they can arrange for the super j's and the business club to run buses to this one.

Wee John and 1884 ,the Jeanfield 208 has a leading role to play if this is going to be successful , can you do something similar to Dunfermline?

Perthpower can you get a bus sorted from St Madoes/Bridge of earn?

Watty , it would be good to see the RASC club on the mobe again.

Baiggers , can you get the Scone saintees mobilised out of Kinnears.

Saintbear (will ring you tonight on that other topic) how about a bus from the Letham Club?

Ghostie - can you have a word with the Dunkeld rd club and see if they will lay on extra busses for this one.

Callysaints , it would be great to see a bus from the Cally to this one.

Macman1410 , can you arrange a bus from Auchterarder?

Tractorboy can you start a thread on the Edinburgh saintees blog and pull together the Edinburgh saintees for this one.

SLF ,can you check out what the train situation is on 2nd Jan.

Larksaint ,can you have a word with the saintees at Barossa St and see if their is any appetite for running a bus.

Soulfulsaint once we get this rolling it would be great to get us some radio coverage.

If anyone else is planning on running a bus to this one ,please let us know.

There is plenty of time to make this happen but it will only work if we all pull together, a massive blue and white army at Falkirk will be a great site and give the players fantastic backing .

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will speak to Sal on Saturday and will get a thread going on the Muirton park travel club section.. Will see if Sal can maybe reduce the price for this one although at a tenner it's pretty good value anyway.. I will be going to the game of course but will actually not be on the bus that day as after the game we are going on to Edinburgh to see "We Will Rock You" so we are going through by car. Will make sure it's a full car though.

So as Ginger says guys and gals, lets get mobilized and lets turn this one into a home tie for the Blues..

I will speak to Sal on Saturday and will get a thread going on the Muirton park travel club section.. Will see if Sal can maybe reduce the price for this one although at a tenner it's pretty good value anyway.. I will be going to the game of course but will actually not be on the bus that day as after the game we are going on to Edinburgh to see "We Will Rock You" so we are going through by car. Will make sure it's a full car though.

So as Ginger says guys and gals, lets get mobilized and lets turn this one into a home tie for the Blues..

Cheers Ghostie ,let us know how you get on with Sal.

Perthpower can you get a bus sorted from St Madoes/Bridge of earn?

Hi Ginger,

I can confirm the following(subject to change):-

There is to be a bus departing from St Madoes for the Falkirk v St Johnstone match, 2nd January 2010, it will be picking up and dropping off at stops outlined:-

Departs St Madoes 11.00

Pick up's:-

Bridge of Earn Post Office 11.10

Edinburgh Road(Perth Prison) 11.15

Broxden Services 11.25

Drop off's:-

As above, but in reverse order on return

Pre- Match Eats/Drinks:-

Oxgang House Hotel, Grangemouth

All details subject to change. Timings approximate.

This bus is organised by former Saints player Craig Mailer.

To book a seat on bus do so via http://jailertours.forumsland.com/jailertours-about306.html

Edited by PERTHPOWER

Tractorboy can you start a thread on the Edinburgh saintees blog and pull together the Edinburgh saintees for this one.

Good effort Ginger baker!

There will be a few of the edinburgh saints enjoying the fine dining of Falkirk hospitality that day! :wink:

Im sure the rest will be well up for a boozy train journey through though!!

I think GB has maybe had an afternoon shandy.. Of course it should read 2/01/10.. Perhaps a kindly Moderator could fix and pin this thread:wink:

No shandy yet but going for one soon. Yes it is 2nd january ,mods please correct and it would be great if you could make this a sticky.

Hi Ginger,

There is to be a bus departing from St Madoes for the Falkirk v St Johnstone match, 2nd January 2010, it will be picking up and dropping off at stops outlined:-

Departs St Madoes 11.00

Broxden Services 11.25

To book a seat on bus do so via http://jailertours.forumsland.com/jailertours-about306.html

That is brilliant news Perthpower , I was just behind you when you all got off in Paisley ,seemed like everyone was in very good spirit . Should be a braw day out.

Great start already Ginger - let's get behind this one, big time.

Don't tell Esther Rantzen - "We're the Famous Perth St Johnstone, and We're Going To Scare the Bairns"

Many of the great team of the 70s are in the Falkirk area Buck, Alex Rennie, etc the club has their numbers special guests, I say.

I like the sound of the special guests ,but preferrably in with the support rather than on a Corporate jont, how could we make his happen?

I can guarantee that I will double the number of saintee's coming with me!

Hope everyone puts their weight right behind this one. Was a fantastic day at Dunfermline but would be even better to do it in the SPL. Anyone who missed that day in Division one when we went top of the league should be doubling their efforts to make this one. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Dont litter this thread with any negative comments. Lets keep it all positive and do our best to bring 3000!!!! :wink:

THE SAINTS ARE HAVING A PARTY! THE DEE'S ARE GETTING PUMPED!!!!

I will be one of those on the Edinburgh boozy train journey! Main disappointment last season was not making Dunfermline so this is great timing!

13 years and 1 day since the 7-2 game, I am sure a few choruses of the songs commemorating that day can be proudly sung and lets go fill the away end. Did anyone find out if the Tesco Clubcard deal works for away fans? That will certainly encourage some more contemplating the financial situation post-Christmas.

was an amazing day at eep last year and lets all pull together to make falkirk away a great, family day out for all. Everyone can help by filling cars or even by just bringing one extra saintee, who usually doesn't attend away games, with them. CMON THE SAINTS

Hi Ginger,

Departs St Madoes 11.00

Broxden Services 11.25

That is brilliant news Perthpower , I was just behind you when you all got off in Paisley ,seemed like everyone was in very good spirit . Should be a braw day out.

Will definitely be a great away day, however, I won't be wearing my grass skirt, coconut bra, garland's and flowers to this one though:wink: