standing at game

thecat

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos there are only a few of us and there are thoosands of them.. The Polis are shit scared to tackle them all.. Easier just to look the other way..It's a scandle:evil:

Me & my bro got told 2 sit down or we would get kicked out ( we just got a pk) :twisted: then at half time I asked the same pig why saints fans got told 2 sit down every 2 mins and there fans never i says it was because they ( piggie f*ck) we out number.

Are the SPL rules that everyone should be seated? If there are a contigent that want to stand could the club not create a section for standing area for them?

One of the threads on here recently about the top football stadiums in Europe had a mention of somewhere in Germany which had a top notch stadium but with massive amount of standing area.

Hamburger SV

Stadium Name: AOL Arena

Inauguration: 2 September 2000

First match: Germany-Greece 2-0

Capacity: 55,000 (10,000 standing places)

Business seats: 2,100

Business boxes: 50

I agree with Noose that we can't moan at Celtic fans for standing. But it does focus the question. If it is purely health and safety then why can theys tand, why have Partick got a standing area? Health and safety would not differentaite between SFL and SPL anymore than the speed limit differentiates between a Ford Mondeo or a BMW.

My spies tell me Noose actually watched from a very comfy seat not dissimilar to a sofa.

If the truth be told, I missed the first half after I endulged myself with a 1 hour deep tissue massage at the Yu Spa at Dundee Apex. Watched the 2nd half in the Trades House and thought it was a load of utter bollocks.

More importantly, were YOU at the match?

Touch the dogs erse.

aye the holier than thou were all pagans and going to hell. frank riberiey the frenchie who plays for bayern and who has converted to islam dose his muslim pray before each game! the 'latinos' also when they cross themselves...gets on my paps

If someone were to start a new religion where-by if you wanted to take part in professional sport you had to carry out some strange act, lets say sacrificing a domestic cat before each game on the pitch, do you think they would be able to ban this practice or would they have to ban all religious practices? And wouldn't that be illegal? :?:

Every Scotland game at Hampden 20,000 fans stand for 90 minutes in the North Stand.

Safety certificate still in place.

If the East Stand fans at McDiarmid were to stand en masse for the 90 minute duration of a game, I have a sneaky feeling that the polis would not tell us to sit on our erses.:wink:

Every Scotland game at Hampden 20,000 fans stand for 90 minutes in the North Stand.

Safety certificate still in place.

If the East Stand fans at McDiarmid were to stand en masse for the 90 minute duration of a game, I have a sneaky feeling that the polis would not tell us to sit on our erses.:wink:

Hardly fair on the elderly supporters, or the kids come to think of it.

Hardly fair on the elderly supporters, or the kids come to think of it.

I agree.

Those who would like to stand for 90 minutes would have to try to stand (sit!) together.

Season ticket holders who did not wish to take part would obviously make this a non-starter.

Open the Ormond Stand and let all the 'standing' fans 'sit':wink: in there for 1 game.

Point taken tony but imo religeon has no place on a sports feild or political convictions at all...a total ban...its even worse when its a public figure such as a referee.... Wheres his neutrality....a muslim jew or whatever could contest his decision for blowing a cruiform whistle

Oops Andy:laugh: Would this be in da wrong place:wink:

aye sorry goggs.....you remember me ?...i remember you...got a good souvenir of your dad ...he gave me the best sound advise in a man to man conversation and i thank him evry day since...pay him my respects

Based on just your first name I have no idea who you are Andy as I have know a few Andys in mty time..Pm me with your surname mate..:wink:

Point taken tony but imo religeon has no place on a sports feild or political convictions at all...a total ban...its even worse when its a public figure such as a referee.... Wheres his neutrality....a muslim jew or whatever could contest his decision for blowing a cruiform whistle

Sorry Andy, maybe didn't make it clear but I'm in complete agreement with you - no place for religion in sport!

What I was trying to say is where do you draw the line of what is going to be allowed, personally I say ban it all as it incites others.

the hse has powers to evoke safety certificates for clubs

i think man utd fans were told to sit at games or the club would be forced to close sections of the ground

dont think saints would relish having no of away fans

think the thought of all that lost revenue would force them to finally address the prob

best bet is a petition to the club or a stand up protest at a selected game

something needs to be done

was at man united game in anfield few seasons ago there was easy 5000 of us maby more but the stewards controlled that with the fans being ejected (not me) for not sittin after 3 or 4 went we all sat down. the weegies had about 1700 behind goal surely 5 or 6 went they would sit

would also like to add that our blue and white day out at the pars the female steward tryed to get a couple of us unlucky fans not to get a seat to sit down. as i poited out no one was behind us she said you paid for a seat so sit down i went on to say we did not have a seat we infact had a wall and a pole now as she tryed to eject me her suporior came over wich i explained what was happning he told me to go and enjoy the game allowin us to stand

The Celtic fans know that everyone will be standing so they stand. If you were to stand up in the Saints end you'd get a barrage of abuse from behind with old busy ****s telling you to sit down.

I have been aggrieved by this for many years and must speak. Totally agree with Noose on this one, many times in the east stand in the area near the north stand been told by some old guy to sit down, if u want to sit down and not stand up when your aggrieved they shud go to the west stand or right down the other end of the east stand. Even at away games we've been told by people behind us to sit down, so before we look at the police and stewards we should look at ourselves as we can be the ones who stop us standing up at games. At tynecastle i stood the whole second half down in the bottom tier with people behind and and in front doing the same and nothing was said to us. In the english premier league at most away games the fans stand up as they are in mass in a small section of the stadium so nothing is said about health and safety then. Also at many home games like upton park, old trafford, emirates, anfield etc. home fans stand all game. Even in the spl the rangers fans to the right stand and at tynecastle the hearts fans to the left of the away stand stand all game and nothing is said. Something must be done at mcdiarmid....

According to the supervisor from Cock Steady in the East Stand only 2 Saints fans have been thrown out in the last 5 years for standing up. I suspect he must be related to Pinnochio.

Probably just can`t count any higher than two !!!