Pitch invader given life ban

Jamie_Beatson

PA reports that a Saints fan has been banned from McDiarmid for life for jumping on to the track to celebrate when Saints scored against Rangers. I seem to remember the bloke leaped the wall - then was immediately dragged from the stadium. It says he ran towards the pitch in celebration - although I seem to remember he was huckled pretty much as soon as his feet hit the ground.

Anyway, the point of this is that virtually every game earlier this season away fans ran on to the track at McDiarmid to celebrate - particularly Dundee United fans. Did any of them get arrested?

Not that I condone running on the pitch - but if you're going to have a rule it needs to be applied properly.

I agree, not a lifetime ban but consistency has to be applied in all cases.

As difficult as that would be to extend to away fans

The guy was arrested and taken to court. That never happens to the mass numbers of fans who invade the pitch from the away end.

Watch what happens if United score an important goal on Saturday. Guarantee they are on the park and nothing happens.

Guest Bertrand

How exactly do you police a life ban? how are you going to tell that guy from joe bloggs in 2 months time? or is it simply that if he gets caught he gets in further trouble and that is meant to deter him from going?

Saints "board" obviously think we have a surplus of fans to ban another person.

It just shows that the "security and policing" at McDiarmid is honking. How many times do they say to away fans that they cannot stand or stop shouting.

Not as bad as Partick Thistle a couple of years ago. I got told to sit down when we had a shot hit the bar but I thought it was going in. The fanny decided to stand next to me. I stood up at half time in extra time and he tried to sit me back down. I asked him to think clearly what he was doing before I pissed all down the front of him. Needless to say, the police got involve but told him to back off for invasion. I commented he assualted me by pushing down on my shoulder to prevent me from standing up. L O L

Hopefully if this is the lad's first indiscretion he will be given another chance?

Perhaps a letter of apology to Mr Brown and the club may get him back in the fold for next season.

Apparently identified on CCTV for throwing a sauce bottle at linesman in 2004 against Clyde.

I think that ship has sailed......

Guest Bertrand
Apparently identified on CCTV for throwing a sauce bottle at linesman in 2004 against Clyde.

I think that ship has sailed......

I actually remember that, out of the east stand about 2/3rds of the way up!

Totally unfair.

I'm all for Scottish football knocking out all the exuberance in the game because really compared to Spanish and Braziian football our football is far too exciting. I therefore think the Scots should continue on the 30 year track of taking all the spontaneity out of football. Also book players for celebrating in front of their fans - appalling!

The fun we used to have.