#28 - 10/02/10 - St Mirren 1-1 Saints - SPL

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore me, I was being a daft fanny!! :laugh::laugh:

You're let off, as its a rare mistake from you Mike.

So as long as Sheridan, Muzz and Connolly are fit we wont be seeing any U19s this season?

And then when Jacko comes back we can tell Mowbray he can have Sheridan back to resolve the issues he's having with Keano, maybe. :laugh:

I think he might drop Irvine move MacKay and play Connolly beside Duberry. This is the obvious game for Connolly to start if he is ever going to get one.

No doubt it will be Doc and Savo up front. Or maybe Sheridan and Savo or even Sheridan and Doc before Peaso gets a start. Bench at best for sammy.

Really looking forward to this one and hope we can make some noise. Last two games have been deflating but against Top Six sides - this is a better side and season than many posters are giving credit to. Take the draw but as ever think we can win.

What's the definition of 4-5-1? Its Lumping big balls up to Deuchar, when you lose and magically becomes 4-4-2 when you win.

Systems are important but they can morph into each other and are not quite the absolute people suggest.

C'mon Saints

Edited by soulfulsaint

One man short :laugh:

Correcto. Must say I've bounced back from Saturday I thought Dundee Utd were better deserved to win but it was far from conclusive, with a dodgy goal and and stonewaller ruled against us. Can't remember too many United shots on target but in first 45 Duberry leading the back line, took the mick catching them offside.

Can't wait for us to get down to Paisley and get back on the rails if only to lift the over-indulgent gloom on this forum.

C'mon the Top Six Saints

What's the definition of 4-5-1? Its Lumping big balls up to Deuchar, when you lose and magically becomes 4-4-2 when you win.

Systems are important but they can morph into each other and are not quite the absolute people suggest.

C'mon Saints

Ah, some common sense at last, well said SS. The obsession by some on here about formations is laughable.

Yep, will be there as usual. No idea what the manager will do in terms of line up, and as Soulful says it's probably not that important. Only thing for me is that if McInnes persists with the long punt up to Dukes or anyone else, we will come away with nothing. SPL managers are now wise to that, and Gus is no mug either. It's one dimensional, and we all know we've played our best games when we DON'T do that - so let's set the stall out to play on the deck, whatever personnel that involves. McInnes's main issue is a psychological one - lifting the players after last week. I've felt our team's body language has been telling it's own story over the last two games - complete lack of self belief, passion or fight.

The team at least needs to give it a go and play as if they mean business - even if we end up on the wrong end of the result, at least we can be content that the players are fighting again, which might lift confidence for Rugby Park. Our vocal support will be crucial on Wednesday.

Edited by HertsSaintee

Smith

Irvine, Mackay, Duberry, Grainger.

Morais, Moon, Davidson, Craig.

Deuchar, Macdonald.

Subs: Main, Gartland, Connolly, Millar, Morris, Milne, Reynolds.

Is Moon fit? If he is then would play him the middle with Morris, not Davidson. Really don't understand why anybody would drop Morris but leave Davidson in the team. Davidson is great for a 50/50 tackle but a lot of these come about because he can't control the ball.

I would also go with Savo and Peaso up front. We are a far better footballing side than the Midden; lets prove it and not resort to their level by aimlessly lumping it long to Deuchar.

Delighted to see Sheridan is nowhere near your 18. Complete waste of time.

Is Moon fit? If he is then would play him the middle with Morris, not Davidson. Really don't understand why anybody would drop Morris but leave Davidson in the team. Davidson is great for a 50/50 tackle but a lot of these come about because he can't control the ball.

I would also go with Savo and Peaso up front. We are a far better footballing side than the Midden; lets prove it and not resort to their level by aimlessly lumping it long to Deuchar.

Delighted to see Sheridan is nowhere near your 18. Complete waste of time.

Just because Morris is looking a bit off the pace and might need a rest - otherwise I'd have him and Mooner in a flash.

Sheridan can GTF.

Strangely and it is strange but St.Mirren are the 3rd team we've played in a row with a bit of form,. If we take the game to them as we did there earlier in the season we'll be fine.

I thought Sheridan played quite well in the semi but is obviously not a major goalscorer, more a player that brings others into play to score, a bit like Roddy who was never a rampant goalscorer like say Paul Wright was. I think I'll give him time but jury is still out for me.

I thought Sheridan played quite well in the semi but is obviously not a major goalscorer...I think I'll give him time but jury is still out for me.

I am also of that thinking, it seems a lot on here just wanted del to magic in an out and out goal scorer.

Sheridan did all he could in the semi final but that is the only time I have seen him play so can only base my as yet unformed opinion on him.

I usually try to see the good side, but honestly, I just can't with Sheridan. He hasn't yet looked like scoring for us. I also watched him miss seven out of eight attempts on goal in training last week, meanwhile Samuel, Milne and Peaso all burst the net repeatedly.
I am trying not to be too critical, some of the comments seem well OTT. He hasnt sent the world on fire, but there must be something or he would have been released by celtic before now.

I think one plus, it could well be bringing more out of the doc!