Are We Moving

ancientsaint

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the Elphinstone Arena has a wee ring to it:cool:.

Perhaps a new entrance theme for the lads...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfzQLZtCZSY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfzQLZtCZSY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wouldn't like to see McDiarmid lose a stand, would much rather move to a new place.

As much as I like the look of those norwegian stadiums I don't think it would be anything like that. That aker staium cost £22milion, they averaged 8000 last year and that's with a population of 25000 people in Molde, they are also used to winning cups and playing in Europe and coming 2nd in their league sometimes. I'd love to know how much we would be able to spend on a new stadium if it came to that point.

If we were to move I would hope we would lead the way with a Stadium with a roof and retractable pitch that allowed concerts to come to Perth and will keep up all warm on match days

Even with a small crowd the noise would stay in the stadium.

If plans are underway this would be the way to go. Would also include a synthetic surface as part and parcel of the above to maximise the revenue...

Geoff Brown has been fantastic for this club - but loosing a stand would be horrendous. We would just become another Clyde or Falkirk with a half arsed ground. I am totally opposed to this.

Clyde have filled their stadium in with a multi-million pound gymnasium which I've just joined and to be fair, its fantastic. From inside the gym it looks right onto the pitch - though 2nd Division football isn't much to look at.

If plans are underway this would be the way to go. Would also include a synthetic surface as part and parcel of the above to maximise the revenue...

Some of you guys are living in different planet. Where is the money coming from for all these grandious plans.

We will be staying at McD with3 stands.

Can't see it happening. A new stadium + parking space & astroturf area. Only 1 entrance into it, Dobbies & the Glover Arms whereas McD can be accessed from Crieff Rd entrances & the slip road off the bypass.

The SUPERMARKET has obtained the land that you are talking about and will be building their new store at the old cattle mart.

From tonight's Evening Telegraph:

"Rumours have been circulating in Perth that St Johnstone are set to move again, but chairman Geoff Brown has ruled that out (writes James Masson).

He said, 'I don't want to move again. There is absolutely no chance of it happening.

'We are near to the town and that's what I want.'"

Thats it then , there goes the north stand to make way for the road.

IF the North stand is knocked down to make way for the new road, there will be a considerable financial boost to Saints, either through the club agreeing a fee for the sale, or through a compulsory purchase order. Maybe some others on the forum could give a more accurate estimate in terms of value, but I would envisage it being a six figure amount.

Several million for a stand we can live without, Geoff Brown isn't stupid!

I still cannot understand why a stand would ever have to be demolished.

The area of the park that is required to continue to play football moves all the way to the edge of where the stand begins.

From here there must be about 10 meters maximum to the back of the stand and another meter or two until the end of the land which Saints own, so in this 10-15 meter area, where is the road going to be built, and if it does encroch on the patch why cant it be moved a few meters awat from the ground??

For me its seems crazy

I still cannot understand why a stand would ever have to be demolished.

The area of the park that is required to continue to play football moves all the way to the edge of where the stand begins.

From here there must be about 10 meters maximum to the back of the stand and another meter or two until the end of the land which Saints own, so in this 10-15 meter area, where is the road going to be built, and if it does encroch on the patch why cant it be moved a few meters awat from the ground??

For me its seems crazy

Your right crazy stupid daft idiotic where do we stop maybe they can build a flyover and we can sing we cant here you for the cars whats next never mind the polution will help me stop smoking

IF the North stand is knocked down to make way for the new road, there will be a considerable financial boost to Saints, either through the club agreeing a fee for the sale, or through a compulsory purchase order. Maybe some others on the forum could give a more accurate estimate in terms of value, but I would envisage it being a six figure amount.

Several million for a stand we can live without, Geoff Brown isn't stupid!

Geoff might not be stupid, but a modern football ground having a stand knocked down for a ****ing road, now that would be!

Geoff is reported in the Evening Tele saying that we are NOT moving. If so I for one will object violently (albeit without using actual vioence!) to any moves to knock down the north stand. Bloody ridiculous idea.

Geoff might not be stupid, but a modern football ground having a stand knocked down for a ****ing road, now that would be!

Geoff is reported in the Evening Tele saying that we are NOT moving. If so I for one will object violently (albeit without using actual vioence!) to any moves to knock down the north stand. Bloody ridiculous idea.

It may not come down to a decision by St. Johnstone. If the council decide that the route for the road is to pass through the land behind the North stand then they can invoke a CPO and purchase the land whether saints want to sell or not. In that case it would be in Saints best interest to sell the land rather than go through that process I would think.

I also remember when this whole issue came up initially it was mentioned, the north stand could be knocked down, then rebuilt at a smaller scale. Obviously the road isn't going to be 6ft behind the goal line. I think it's a case of the coucncil and saints coming to an agreement that suits both parties.

It may not come down to a decision by St. Johnstone. If the council decide that the route for the road is to pass through the land behind the North stand then they can invoke a CPO and purchase the land whether saints want to sell or not.

The council will never force saints into a CPO, regardless of where it is.

If Geoff voiced his disapproval at the plans yet P&K went ahead with it, can you imagine the local outrage.

You only have to look at how far the incinerator plans went to see this is purely a saints decision