#29 - 13/2/10 - Kilmarnock 3-2 Saints - SPL

Bluesaint84

Though Sheridan played alot better and looked interested which was nice of him. Good on the 277 that made it down, but Del really has to look at himself.

Mabey am spending too much time with 101

Yeah, Sheridan showed some effort today although he's still a three legged donkey.

Our fans were in great form today and a true credit to the club.

101 is a d***

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys on the radio pointed out that the team played well.Apart from a few moments the defence were quite solid and the midfield played really well.They pointed to the attack not being able to hold the ball thus losing possession and putting the midfield and defence under pressure again.Hopefully with Sammy back it gives us another option.Cant wait for Jacko to get fit to see if there is still a spark with him and Doc.I dont know what's behind the chopping and changing the back four every game.

Think you must be we lost a game very narrowly and were let down by two catastrophic errors by our most famous and highest profile players - Michael Duberry through his horrendous clearance across the face of the goal, and Jody Morris's petulant and rash foul. That is what lost us the game so why single out either Sheerin or Sheridan unless you think they are easy targets.

Duberry wasn't completely at fault for their first. Deuchar got involved when Duberry had the situation under control. As Del mentioned a few weeks ago, whenever two of hiis own players go for the same ball he knows we're in trouble. happened at least four time today; twice involving Sheridan and Muzz:twisted:

Duberry wasn't completely at fault for their first. Deuchar got involved when Duberry had the situation under control. As Del mentioned a few weeks ago, whenever two of hiis own players go for the same ball he knows we're in trouble. happened at least four time today; twice involving Sheridan and Muzz:twisted:

...'Course he wasn't completely at fault but a veteran defender passing a clearance across an open goal is school boy stuff even if Kenny D was reciting the Kama Sutra in his ear it was his error. Davidson was poor again, so no dispute there, and the trademark flaw you identified last week, the ball getting stuck within his feet was back again.

Think you must be we lost a game very narrowly and were let down by two catastrophic errors by our most famous and highest profile players - Michael Duberry through his horrendous clearance across the face of the goal, and Jody Morris's petulant and rash foul. That is what lost us the game so why single out either Sheerin or Sheridan unless you think they are easy targets.

The first goal for me was Duchers fault, he got in MD way!!

Sheerin wasnt great and for me didnt deliver what we need from a winger, am not saying hook him compleatly but personally I think a subs appearence might be beeter suited to him in the stage oif his career

I pointed out Sheridan because he did alot of good running today and thought he deserved a bit of praise for his efforts

Again not just Morris's fault for the second, Kille players were tuned in we werent flck or not the ball went in, again devensive frailty

For the guys who were at the game, how bad is peasos injury and do you think it was a turning point to the game when he went off?

Think Ford caught him and he shot for the goal, was hobbeling badly before being taken off, dont think it changed the game all the much to be fair, he wasnt in the game too much before although with Peaso you potentially have the best finisher at the club so who knows

...'Course he wasn't completely at fault but a veteran defender passing a clearance across an open goal is school boy stuff even if Kenny D was reciting the Kama Sutra in his ear it was his error.

I think that the ball might have deflected off Deuchar. Duberry did not intend to play that ball. The highlights will hopefully clarify.

For the guys who were at the game, how bad is peasos injury and do you think it was a turning point to the game when he went off?

Looked really bad he couldn't run it off, barely limped from pitch and looked a sorry sight. Sad to say I think we will lose him for sometime and hope I am wrong. He may well have limped out of the best goals-per-minute ratio in the clubs history 3 v Motherwell, 2 v Dundee Utd and 1 V Killie. Can someone do the sums - how many minutes for 6 goals?

Think Ford caught him and he shot for the goal, was hobbeling badly before being taken off, dont think it changed the game all the much to be fair, he wasnt in the game too much before although with Peaso you potentially have the best finisher at the club so who knows
Cheers boys. Wee nevin thought he was the only forward capable of holdin the ball up

I think that the ball might have deflected off Deuchar. Duberry did not intend to play that ball. The highlights will hopefully clarify.

Sky says: "...But the home side levelled in the final minute of the half when a Deuchar header and Duberry slice from a Killie free-kick inadvertently set up Maguire to lash home from close range." I expect a lot better of Duberry and feel he has to shoulder the blame but if I'm wrong then I will apologise and take my punishment like a man.

We're hitting our slump. Simple. We're still good but too many players are off-form. It will click again and we'll get close to the top six. Not gonna post much tonight, it's clear to the world that the man picking the team is no good at his job - I don't need to highlight it anymore.

Can you no change the feckin record!!!

can Del help it if he is not as good a coach and man manager as you.

Huge sense of frustration from everyone tonight with good reason. Kilmarnock didn't win that game, Saints lost it. Thought we played pretty well in patches, but too many individual errors let us down. Very disappointing to see so many poor first touches from Saints players. A bit more composure from us and we would probably have won that game comfortably against an unimpressive Killie side. And just when will our defenders learn to never leave Kyle free when they play against him??

On the positive side, we looked more up for it than in recent games and worked harder than we have done over the last two or three matches. Great to see Collin back, and thought Doc was fantastic when he came on.

Can you no change the feckin record!!!

can Del help it if he is not as good a coach and man manager as you.

I agree with 101 recently(overall, I love Derek McInnes:)), selection has been poor. Tactics not so great either. Particularly taking Morais off v Rangers and starting Sheridan more than once. The guys a donkey and even during the warm up he was missing consistently from 3-4 yards.

I am deeply disappointed tonight :sad: We need to change our name from "Saintees" to "Kamakazees"..Poor decision making, lack of concentration and poor thought process is killing us.

Some strange managerial decisions don't help either. Add to that another idiot referee and that about sums the day up..

I aint going into this in much detail, because frankly I cannae be arsed, but I have a few points I want to get off my not inconsiderable chest..

1. I CANNOT believe that when Peaso had to go off that the manager thought that a front two of the Doc and Sheridan was anything like a good idea. Either Sammy is fit or he is not. If not, then whys he on the bench. I aint having a go at the Doc as I think he actually had a decent game but two target men up front is fecking madness.

2. We are too slow, both in terms of moving the ball and also in terms of thought process. Now I am only talking about a tiny bit of time ( less than a second) but that delay in passing, shooting, crossing etc is at the root of a lot of our problems..

That'll do it for me as I don't want to mention individual players performances today . I'll leave that to others .....

I CANNOT believe that when Peaso had to go off that the manager thought that a front two of the Doc and Sheridan was anything like a good idea. Either Sammy is fit or he is not. If not, then whys he on the bench. I aint having a go at the Doc as I think he actually had a decent game but two target men up front is fecking madness.

Had the very same thought myself. Two big strikers means we stop passing on the deck, one of our strengths. If Sammy's not fit, why was Savo completely dropped?