#31 - 27/02/10 - Hibs 1-1 Saints - SPL

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike you can only get a single automatic ban for a sending off, if he got 3 matches for the points system then that wont kick in until 14 days after the offence.
Ah didnt realise that I thought that they run concurrently.

I also thought the punishment was 'stiffer' for violent issues

Edited by Mike180279

I didnt think that there was even any contact so it shoudnt have been a Penalty. But that said, if the ref deemed it a foul, he should have seen Red.

You'll be glad to have seen the back of us, assuming we dont get top six that is :laugh:

One thing, how was Nish allowed to play, I thought he got 3 matches for violent conduct?

Second thing, having already been booked he didnt agree with a throw in we were 'gifted' he slammed the ball out of the Saints Players hand onto the Deck. Definately Bookable offence, should have walked.

can only assume that nish's suspension has been delayed some how.

re the penalty, there was no danger nish was even going to attempt to put the ball in the net. he saw the smith come towards, waited, put the ball round him and let nature take its course. mckay may have been covering but i didnt see him. i was level with the half way line in the east stand, near the back, with a pillar infront of me.

if you looked through the entire game again, there are plenty cards that could have been dished out. i thought that as usual the standard of refereeing and linesman was poor towards both teams

can only assume that nish's suspension has been delayed some how.

re the penalty, there was no danger nish was even going to attempt to put the ball in the net. he saw the smith come towards, waited, put the ball round him and let nature take its course. mckay may have been covering but i didnt see him. i was level with the half way line in the east stand, near the back, with a pillar infront of me.

if you looked through the entire game again, there are plenty cards that could have been dished out. i thought that as usual the standard of refereeing and linesman was poor towards both teams

The east stand looked good, all the bouncing around how I would love to do that in McDiarmid :laugh:

I think he escaped a red card because Dave MacKay - bless him - had followed on and was ahead of both Nish and Smith and could've cleared off the line if Nish had got a shot away. Smith didn't do very well though, he totally committed himself too soon and not even all that well. As has been said, he did much better up against Riordan in the second half pushing him wide and buying time for MacKay to get back onto the line.

From the daily record -

"McInnes also revealed he had to make a late change to his plans after stopper Graeme Gartland threw up in the dressingroom before the game.

He said: "Apparently Graeme had been struggling for a couple of days - but typical of him he only told me after I'd named the team!

"To be fair, he went out earlier than the rest of the lads to get a warm-up but he was sick the minute he came back in.

"Thankfully we had time to make a change and get Danny Grainger in.""

(but typical of him he only me after I named the team). Del sees that as a virtue ?.Just as well Grainger was in the pool or we would have been up the creek without a paddle.

Highlights

Penalty on Davidson in the second half!

I don't think so Deek.. Nothing in it really.. I can see now why Smithy only got yellow.. Correct decision by the ref. As for their claim for a pen for handball at the end, it clearly hit the chest and is nowhere near handball.

Draw defo a fair result:D

Why did Hibs give you a ticket once you paid to get in? seems strange!!

I wondered if the person on the gate was at it. When I was going through the turnstile I paid £22 but she ripped off the tear off slip on the ticket which she also did for my father who only paid £12. did anyone going through the adult only gate get the tear off slip taken from their ticket??

I wondered if the person on the gate was at it. When I was going through the turnstile I paid £22 but she ripped off the tear off slip on the ticket which she also did for my father who only paid £12. did anyone going through the adult only gate get the tear off slip taken from their ticket??

Aye. I can't mind if they handed them out the last time.

Perhaps a memento as it was the last day of the old East stand?

That would be the massive total of 2 penalties only..

String the fecker up I say..:rolleyes:

Saints have conceded 7 pens this season 5 have been scored and 2 have been saved

Hibs............Gartland..........Goalkeeper......Main...Saved

St.Mirren.....Dave MacKay.... Goalkeeper...Main....Scored.

Aberdeen.....Grainger...........Goalkeeoer...Smith...Scored.

Dundee Utd...Dave MacKay....Goalkeeper...Main...Scored

Rangers........Irvine..............Goalkeeper...Smith...Saved.

Rangers.......Smith...............Goalkeeper...Smith...Scored

Hibs............Smith...............Goalkeeper...Smith...Scored.

Saints have had 3 pens and Craig has converted them all

I think perhaps the two times he came out of his box at Hampden has maybe clouded my memory of how many penalties he's gave away. Its fair to say one on ones are not his strong point.

After watching the highlights though, Nish jumped into the keeper. Not saying it wasnt a penalty but he made more of it than there was.

Also, how many crap penalties have we conceeded this season? Novo's was a dive, Irvine had his eye on the ball, Aberdeen one was a disgrace and MacKay was never handball.

I think perhaps the two times he came out of his box at Hampden has maybe clouded my memory of how many penalties he's gave away. Its fair to say one on ones are not his strong point.

After watching the highlights though, Nish jumped into the keeper. Not saying it wasnt a penalty but he made more of it than there was.

Also, how many crap penalties have we conceeded this season? Novo's was a dive, Irvine had his eye on the ball, Aberdeen one was a disgrace and MacKay was never handball.

And Gartlands against Hibs ( missed) was just outside the box..

The east stand looked good, all the bouncing around how I would love to do that in McDiarmid :laugh:

was a good atmosphere on saturday, thats all finished now though, the fitba will never never be the same again.

after watching the highlights, i can understand why smith wasnt put off. i never thought sjfc had as much cover back.

not much been said on this, he was the last man so should have went??

didnt know the ref's were allowed to take into consideration how long was left to play.

if the same incident happened at parkhead or ibrox, sjfc would be down to ten men. fact

Its not a fact Jake. The law says must have been a "clear goal scoring opportuinity" it was Colin Nish that had the ball, so it could never be described as that, even if the goalkeeper had already died of cholera.

Edited by soulfulsaint

Its not a fact Jake. The law says must have been a "clear goal scoring opportuinity" it was Colin Nish that had the ball, so it could never be described as that, even if the goalkeeper had already died of cholera.

To be fair Jake did mention Ibrox and Parkhead and we know that the normal laws of the game / land don't apply to those Brigadoon-esque throwbacks.:twisted: