#32 - 06/03/10 - Saints 1-2 Motherwell - SPL

O'Rourke

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think so. As Chaz mentioned, if he does start to get tired sub him around the 60 minute mark
It took months to get his match fitness up to stratch. We saw great 45 mins only for him to fade the second half in a lot of the opening games this season.

I think it would be of greater benefit to introduce him on the hour (not 79 mins) and let him go at tired legs.

It took months to get his match fitness up to stratch. We saw great 45 mins only for him to fade the second half in a lot of the opening games this season.

I think it would be of greater benefit to introduce him on the hour (not 79 mins) and let him go at tired legs.

Valid point, as I mentioned in an earlier post he did cause alot of trouble for the Hibs defenders when he came on at Easter road so could be the better option.

First game since the **** for me, so excitement is building. i would expect a tough game as Granpaw Broon has really tightened up the well youngsters... Broon and tight youngsters, well i never.

Would expect the team to be much the same as Saturday, it would be unfair of me to criticize any of the players without having seen them.However i would like to see savo get the nod upfront with Doc if Sammy isn't ready for a start.

Mon the saints.....

Missing this one due to my birthday celebrations, i'll be back at Falkirk

Happy birthday mate,it's the wee mans birthday this weekend,and he is going to be a ball boy at the game this weekend he can't wait,his school teacher is a well fan and going to the game to see him,so his nerves are jangling at the moment.

I have a great respect for Craig Brown and he has done a fantastic job on his return. Only shipping two goals in their past ten games is incredible. In saying that we have only failed to score three times in 24 league games and scored five against 'Well in our two games this season. I see a cracker on the cards though maybe lower scoring than the past two games. If we don't win this then I reckon we come to terms with a bottom six finish - which the way things are going should be classed as an achievement in any case.

Agreed, we really need to win this one to have any chance of a top six finish.

Personally I think a win is very possible since its the same players Peaso put 3 past last time. I wouldn't grumble with a draw. Hope to see some great attacking football from us hence I'd line up like so:

Smith

Anderson, Duberry, Gartland, MacKay

Miller, Moon, Muzz, Morais

Samuel, Deuchar

Agreed, we really need to win this one to have any chance of a top six finish.

Personally I think a win is very possible since its the same players Peaso put 3 past last time. I wouldn't grumble with a draw. Hope to see some great attacking football from us hence I'd line up like so:

Smith

Anderson, Duberry, Gartland, MacKay

Miller, Moon, Muzz, Morais

Samuel, Deuchar

I can't believe anyone would want to drop Liam with the form he's in at the moment? He's been sensational for months now, in almost every game without exception!

I can see the merits with your team selection though. Anderson seems to deal well with pacey wingers, so having him on O'Brien's side does make sense. I also think that Mackay is by miles a better player than Grainger on current form.

Not convinced we'll line up like that however. I think the team will remain the same as last Saturday if everyone is posted fit. Mackay and Grainger will struggle with the pace Motherwell have on the wings though, and we need big performances from the centre backs to deal with a confident Murphy, Jutkiewicz and a bloody awkward John Sutton.

This really won't be an easy game. Motherwell are a good team, regardless on the result in December, and a point would be more than acceptable in this game.

I really do hope we have got the USH sorted out this weekend..Some savage temps already and although the forecast is for just aroung freezing for most of the nights this week, you cannae trust those weather chunts..

No feck ups this weekend please...

We will look very bad if this game does not go ahead.

It has been cold this week but thankfully not as cold as in Wales on Monday night. I hope Cardiff's system works at that temperature :laugh:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3019&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1267546147

From Wishaw Press:

MOTHERWELL boss Craig Brown believes the next three league games could shape the rest of the season.

The Fir Parkers face a busy schedule starting on Saturday with three games in seven days before a fortnight’s break.

It would need a dramatic slump in form for any team to deny Motherwell their place in the SPL’s top six come the split.

But Brown is wary of complacency setting in and this weekend’s opponents St Johnstone have been the side that have impressed him the most since his return to club management.

Motherwell travel north to McDiarmid Park on Saturday, and face an away day at St Mirren on Tuesday (March 9) before hosting Hearts at Fir Park four days later.

He continued: “St Johnstone have three games in hand and are playing exceptionally well at the moment.

“Archie (Knox) and I saw them up in Perth when they beat Hibernian 5-1 and they are the best side we have seen in the last two months.

“Overall they were very impressive.

“Their two big strikers Cillian Sheridan and Kenny Deuchar are a threat and they have a very talented boy in midfield, Kevin Moon.

“He played in front of the back four against Hibs and we thought he was superb and looks a fine young player.

“Derek McInnes has done an excellent job at Saints and I think he has the capacity to go and manage a bigger club in England.

“And Tony Docherty is his assistant and one of the best trainers in the game.”

Jim O’Brien who missed the Killie game due to illness returned to training at the beginning of the week and is expected to be fully fit for the trip to Perth.

http://www.wishawpress.co.uk/wishaw-sport/2010/03/03/brown-next-seven-days-could-define-season-76495-25948333/