Split from Rangers date thread: Del debate

101 Saint

You're kidding, right?

You seriously think that teams like Midden, Hamilton, Killie and Falkirk can finish above us?

Silly arguement. Just because you think Saints are better than another team on a head to head dosen't mean we should finish above them. So far with the teams we've played 3 times our aggregate scores are pretty good but it's a league and we've been unable to get a single bonus point from the ugly sisters.

Saints v Killie 2 6

Saints v Hibs 6 5

Saints v M'well 6 5

That means we're better than Hibs and Motherwell and should finish above both but finish below Killie by the we're better than whoever nonsense ! :shock:

By the way we'll finish above all of them even losing all 9 points to Killie.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly arguement. Just because you think Saints are better than another team on a head to head dosen't mean we should finish above them. So far with the teams we've played 3 times our aggregate scores are pretty good but it's a league and we've been unable to get a single bonus point from the ugly sisters.

Saints v Killie 2 6

Saints v Hibs 6 5

Saints v M'well 6 5

That means we're better than Hibs and Motherwell and should finish above both but finish below Killie by the we're better than whoever nonsense ! :shock:

By the way we'll finish above all of them even losing all 9 points to Killie.

You post is belter, but it is not an argument to mine because I never mentioned head-to-head results as a league indicator for the simple reason that anomalies will always creep up.

Incidentally, what are the numbers?

If watching Saints got me as angry and or depressed as it apparently does some on here I am pretty sure my cognitive functioning would come up with a solution, I just wouldn't bother. Can I ask what are the expectations for next season? With a year's experience should we be looking at winning the league? Should Del be sacked if we dont win the league next year? and perhaps the Champion's League the year after?

I don't understand what 101 expects of St Johnstone. We are a small club, financially stable but by no means loaded. We are playing enjoyable football, getting shock results against wealthier clubs and occasionally struggling against teams with a similar level of affluence. We have not been destroyed at any point this year other than against Celtic, at their home-ground? Am I right?

People have to realise there is an upper limit on what 11 people and a football are capable of producing. Especially when the glass ceilings of money, talent and competition are in the way.

Honestly 101, I admire that you are such a huge St Johnstone fan but you need to realise that we are one club in a leauge of 12 and the other 11 arn't going to form an orderly queue behind us saying "no no, Perths the place to be, feel free to show us your skills". You come across as being disappointed that we have to endure the task of competition. Love Perth, yes, but stop treating McDiarmid Park like the centre of the universe.

Roll your eyes moron! Every single defender has had an injury this season which has led to them missing at least one match.

Which matches have Mackay and Garts missed through injury?

Thanks to Mike for answering the Garts question :oops:

Edited by 101 Saint

If watching Saints got me as angry and or depressed as it apparently does some on here I am pretty sure my cognitive functioning would come up with a solution, I just wouldn't bother. Can I ask what are the expectations for next season? With a year's experience should we be looking at winning the league? Should Del be sacked if we dont win the league next year? and perhaps the Champion's League the year after?

Build on this season and aim for the top six, champions league within 3 seasons

Why should I learn to deal with Del's incompetence? I have seen a fantastic group of players assembled at the club, some great talents nurtured at the club and yet we fail to gain sufficient points because of the wee boy in the dugout. It's not good enough.

You are a first class trumpet (that's a polite way of saying you're a ****). If Del is so incompetent how has he managed to assemble such a "fantastic group of players"?

Give it a sodding rest will you. I am getting to the point where I no longer enjoy this forum because your moaning puss appears everywhere. You are truly a d***. I'll print my own t-shirt.

You are a first class trumpet (that's a polite way of saying you're a ****). If Del is so incompetent how has he managed to assemble such a "fantastic group of players"?

Give it a sodding rest will you. I am getting to the point where I no longer enjoy this forum because your moaning puss appears everywhere. You are truly a d***. I'll print my own t-shirt.

101 i wish you played up front for us as every week you score and wind up the opposition to a frenzy, to such the point they loose concentration. and it never fails :wink::laugh:

Another day, another thread full of Gordons fucking garbage..It has become so tedious that it is actually spoiling my enjoyment of this forum. Even if I put him on ignore, I still have to read his posts when they are quoted by others..

Gordon I appeal directly to you... Could you please go and set up your own forum where you can bitch, whinge and greet to your hearts content and leave us the fuck alone.

I question your loyalty to OUR team and your opinions ( whilst you are entitled to them) are repetitive, counter-productive and divisive.. So go on, gather up your small band of no marks who agree with your shite and piss-off to your own place and leave us to get on with the task of giving OUR manager and OUR team OUR full support..

You are spoiling it for the majority and that can't be right...:sad:

Its not even that his opinions go against the majority, it that most of his opinions are simply wrong! The only correct calls he actually makes are arguements which have been made from other or are public knowledge! He actually knows very little and forms very poor personal opinions based on his limited knowledge of being a football supporter! I would value his opinion on cars or electricity or wherever he works but not on football. He spoils a very good forum!

I did say if Del finished top six, I would join his fan club....

Can I just clarify, does this mean if we do finish top six will you stay off his back from now until the day he leaves the club regardless of results or position in future league tables, or will your membership to his fan club expire early into the next season if it doesn't look like we'll be challenging for Europe? Because I can only presume that seeing how anything less than top 6 in our first season up is a failure, then not finishing above the likes of Motherwell and Hibs next season must also be classed as failure?

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Can I just check something? Are 101 and The Inspiration mates? or related? Absolutely no intention to cause any further arguements at all here but just noticed that their posts and opinions are very very similar

Another day, another thread full of Gordons fucking garbage..It has become so tedious that it is actually spoiling my enjoyment of this forum. Even if I put him on ignore, I still have to read his posts when they are quoted by others..

Gordon I appeal directly to you... Could you please go and set up your own forum where you can bitch, whinge and greet to your hearts content and leave us the fuck alone.

I question your loyalty to OUR team and your opinions ( whilst you are entitled to them) are repetitive, counter-productive and divisive.. So go on, gather up your small band of no marks who agree with your shite and piss-off to your own place and leave us to get on with the task of giving OUR manager and OUR team OUR full support..

Post of the year.

Spot on,several people now leaving wap because of infantile behaviour and moronic postings.As someone outside Perth,i used to really enjoy club tit bits and gossip on here,but now it's just depressing.

Spot on,several people now leaving wap because of infantile behaviour and moronic postings.As someone outside Perth,i used to really enjoy club tit bits and gossip on here,but now it's just depressing.

I agree Dave. The forum is being ruined. I still feel super positive about being back in the top flight and virtually guaranteed survival.

We have a great team, a mix of experience and new talent and a fantastic manager in Del.

We have no debt and have just played a Semi-final at Hampden.

It's fantastic!

But this negative, argumentative and antagonistic debate is ruining it for the majority of genuine fans.

I've always felt it's a real Perth trait to see the glass as half empty.

Let's get behind the team, the manager and the club. It could be worse we could have Billy Stark or John Connolly as a manager!

Great post ghost, I used to frequent these boards quite a lot but felt every thread was getting taken over by negative chumps like 101. Criticism is healthy, being argumentative and the constant jibes get very tedious very quickly. You get a better class of wum at pie and bovril.

The only thing you have wrong is it is not several but lots are/have left because of this infantile boring behaviour. The good thing is that the tide is possibly beginning to turn with more and more people being willing to state their feelings.