Smith needs a break?

George Grieve

His awful kicking isn't a problem?

Right you have totally lost your marbles now! I dont even know why I bother sometimes but your lack of football knowledge just boils my piss!!!!

Opposition teams have identified Greame Smith's kicking as one of the strongest parts of his game! Hence why you will always see the opposition striker stand in front of Smith so he cant play the ball from ground.

I sat with Steven Jardine for a match against I think it was Celtic at the end of January and we had been talking about why Main had been dropped ect. Later that day I had commented on Smith's performance and Jazz said that his "consistent kicking was an asset anyway".

I'll take the opinion of someone with a UEFA license over your one man campaigns and drivvel!!

Does anyone else think that Mr Smith needs a wee time out from being no1?

Alan Main seemed to be dropped for exactly the antics that Graeme performed at Falkirk.

Three points on Tuesday will see us looking up and not back over our shoulders, and might just shoogle Mr McGhee's nail loose.....:laugh:

Not this week..No..

Right you have totally lost your marbles now! I dont even know why I bother sometimes but your lack of football knowledge just boils my piss!!!!!!

It is a shame that you urine reaches it's boiling point, I take no pleasure in your discomfort, honest:laugh:

Opposition teams have identified Greame Smith's kicking as one of the strongest parts of his game!

Which teams?

Hence why you will always see the opposition striker stand in front of Smith so he cant play the ball from ground.

So when you said kciking you actually meant kick from ground?

I sat with Steven Jardine for a match against I think it was Celtic at the end of January and we had been talking about why Main had been dropped ect. Later that day I had commented on Smith's performance and Jazz said that his "consistent kicking was an asset anyway".

I'll take the opinion of someone with a UEFA license over your one man campaigns and drivvel!!

Why do you need other people to supply your opinions? Too stupid to form your own?

Edited by Jamie_Beatson
going to a bad place...

One of my pet hates in a person. Almost every argument with someone I know comes back to quotes from someone else.

I don't get your point.

RBB is defending Smith's awful kicking because his pal telt him Smithy is a good kicker. Why doesn't he use his eyes and brains to see that he's crap at kicking?

Smith verse an old time fans favourite in Main, good deabte for a afternoon beer session... But I'll have Smith in goals every week. some fans see a few errors in Smith and want him dropped, I would just say he needs to get faster over a 40 yard dash and there is no other reason to drop him. His kicking distribution is the best I have ever seen from a Saints goalie. Very accurate lumping the ball up to the front men, and he is just a good shot stopper like Main. Smith is more agile (with youth on his side) and both are equally good shot stoppers.

Main in his prime was brilliant but flapped at every cross and couldnt kick with either foot when under pressure. Awesome keeper though, (dont get me wrong). Smith is doing well this season and deserves to stay in the sticks till the end of the season, all he needs to do is get faster over the dash - I always enjoy keepers running out of the box, it is exciting and I want Smith to do it more to prove the doubters wrong, that over the season his decision making is correct. I bet he will be working on his sprint this week. In recent events when he has sprinted out of his box, it is because the full backs have been ripped for pace with a ball over the top. The full backs would never of managed to tackle the forward, but with a goalie running out - the forward has less time on the ball and against Falkirk it prevented a goal from that passage of play.

Id not pick an ageing Main to be playing SPL football, he was ok last season in the first division, but seriously if fans dont want Smith in goals Id argue all day that Main is not the answer. Main has had his peak performances, and the question might be what keeper should we be signing? I couldnt name one keeper we could have to challenge Smiths starting jersey.

ouldnt kick with either foot when under pressure.

That's downright bollocks. His vice was kicking without pressure. The classic being v Rangers in the cup or his last game for Saints. No pressure, just play the ball to Row Z and he fannied about.

Under pressure, he was immense.

That's downright bollocks. His vice was kicking without pressure. The classic being v Rangers in the cup or his last game for Saints. No pressure, just play the ball to Row Z and he fannied about.

Under pressure, he was immense.

I just have visions of him cupping his hand with that golfer motion, every game he played, yup hooked or sliced out of play :) (but we all accepted this due to his great attributes elsewhere) pressure or not pressure his kicking could of always improved, Im sure you might agree.. If he could catch crosses he would have been in the Scotland squad for sure!

That was then.... we are here today though... I dont think he would be any better in goals than Smith. This is the wrong time of the season to be messing about with the gk.

Mains goals to game ratio for this season in the SPL is

Played...........9 games

Scored ..............1.44

Conceded...........2.22

Points per game...0.66

Smithy..

Played ........17 games

Scored...............1.65

conceded...........1.53

Points per game...1.47

Conclusions....

We are a better side going forward with Smithy in goal

We are a better side defensively with Smithy in goal

We have gained double the points per game with Smithy in goal..

With Main in goal we won 1 game in 9

With Smithy in goal we won 7 games in 17..

I don't get your point.

RBB is defending Smith's awful kicking because his pal telt him Smithy is a good kicker. Why doesn't he use his eyes and brains to see that he's crap at kicking?

...not sure that is ture of can be evidences he has made some error of that there can be no doubt, his punching can look like he's chapping at a door and needs work but I've always been quite satisfied with his kicking, he gets distance, rarely sclaffs, and I can't think when he's landed us in trouble with a kickout when he's had control of the situation.

I've missed a couple of midweek games due to work - have I missed some howlers?

I remember one clearance that got at least 2 feet off the ground and just about made it half way up the Saints half.:sad: He's always flapped but the walkies and kicking are getting worse with every game.

..one half-bad example, sounds like we're crucifying the guy too much, still think his kicking's been consistently good...

..hope he resdiscovers his confidence and his form. We won the game at Falkirk and drew the game at Hibs, so we need to get his mistakes into some kind of perspective.

...Ibrox was a 'mare but Steven Anderson and Graham Gartland should shoulder the blame there not the keeper...