Rumour List!

SlickDT

I don't understand why everyone think they are stalling over a deal and causing hassle?

I don't think he is causing any hassle - I just don't think he is very good and don't think it benefits the squad any to have him kept on for another season.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe he was stalling for personal reasons etc? For example, he could have been away on holiday and not had a chance to get up to the club to sign, or wasn't happy with the deal and wanted to ammend a few things? Or wanted to wait and see if anymore signings that would threaten his chances of first team football?

Given we will have McManus, Rustybits, James and Mensing that can all play centre back next season he will be doing well to get on the bench even.

My personal feeling is he knows this, thought he could maybe get a deal elsewhere, this has not happened and now he is looking to sign up again as this is best he will do.

Regardless of the reasons for taking his time to sign I do not believe he should be kept on because ultimately he is not good enough - same goes to a lesser extent with Stevenson that TOS alluded to in a previous post.

I don't understand why everyone think they are stalling over a deal and causing hassle?

As i've mentioned otherwise other things could have prevented them making it up to the club etc.

Remember OC has also been away....

I'd be delighted to have him signed up for another season as i think he'll continue to improve. If he is played at centre half, of course!

Both deals have been on the table for a few weeks and if they weren't that keen to sign in the first place that they were heading off on hols etc then IMHO the deals should be removed. OC doesn't come into it - it's Duff etc that will be doing the contract negotiations within a limit (besides I somehow doubt OC was out of contact with McDiarmid while he was away).

At best Ando will be 4th or 5th choice. Stevenson has had his chance as well - he was too inconsistent last year to be considered for a regular 1st team slot and he's had long enough to prove himself but simply isn't good enough.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but i think on the occasions he came in and played at centre half he came in and acquited himself pretty well....

He deserves a one year deal, and he may well be behind those 4 mentioned above but when he does come in (suspensions, injuries etc) i wouldn't have any worries of him playing at centre half.

OC obviously sees something in him as he's shown he wants competition for places and we have that - espiecially for places in the defence!

As for Stevenson, i think most know my opinion on that guy!

I think they are holding out for a payday as they are both young enough to attract a transfer fee. If Saints put them up for sale then they will get a nice wee cut of the profits.

As for Anderson acquitting himself, Sweeney Todd would have a better chance of one!! He is gash and a very weak link in a strong backline or midfield. He had a couple of really good games at the start of last season and then went into freefall. He could do with a season or so in the lower divisions to toughen him up and get some skills sorted out - oh, and that is in my opinion....

Well you are all entitled to your opinion but i think you are being very, VERY harsh on the player here.

I look forward to him proving you wrong *when he plays at centre half*

I hope he proves us wrong as well Hazel and he has an outstanding season.

He played centre half last season and to my mind was less incompetent than he is at full back but still nowhere near good enough. Ultimately I don't think he is good enough.

Also think the contract offers should've been withdrawn... They have had plenty of time to consider them and neither of them are all that good anyway.

Would like Anderson to stay but Stevo just isn't good enough for us, in my opinion.

Neither'll be first team regulars next season I'd imagine anyway so I shouldn't have to complain about em too often anyway :)

I would also have to agree that Stevenson and Anderson aren't great and could've easily just been let go, freeing up some wages to bring in something better in both respective areas. Stevenson in particular just doesn't seem to have a position that he's really good at, and Anderson is too far behind in the pecking order for his preferred position.

You could argue both are at an age when they will develop further though. Anderson especially is still at an age when some players haven't made their first-team debuts.

I'd agree with you on Anderson but Stevenson has been here a long time now and hasn't really come on at all. As Sam says there is no place he's particularly good at and for my money he just doesn't do enough to warrant a new contract - he's certainly not up to much on the right of a five man midfield.

Keep Anderson for one more season.

Punt the useless tatooed prima-donna.

I like both Stevenson & Anderson but can`t understand why they hav`nt signed by now. I can`t see them holding out for a cut of any transfer fee as the most Saints would get for them is £5,000 by present day standards ,so 10% of that is not worth having.

I think Owen should ask yhem to sign by end of week or find another team.

It won't be McInnes, he's away on holiday. He's had an offer from St Mirren but I'm confident he'll still come to us because of the package on offer.

I'd bet the house on it being Lawrie, who just got back from holiday - and told some friends he would be signing for Saints on his return.

I don't think it's too bad a shout tbh....

He's been fairly solid on the occasions i've seen him play, and IIRC in my drunken state down at Stranraer he had a couple of cracking saves from MacDonald especially!

Mind you, he did leak 5 to Clyde! :wink:

Wouldn't grumble as he's probably one of the better few that are on offer!!

Bit dodgy in my opinion but hten again, we have not seen him with a decent defence in front of him

I think he has been pretty good in each of his games against us. Very good shot stopper and as good as any of the other GK's in our league in the air. Good signing if we can get him - probably a better keeper than Cuthbert.

Who'd have thunk it! Radio Tay nicking rumours from this forum! :roll:

Seen Corr three times for Stranraer, he looks a decent 'keeper, in much the same way Craig Hinchcliffe did when he was with Arbroath.

What is the situation with Hinchcliffe? Would he be available? He has slipped to third choice at St.Mirren I think but would he be an option?

Not sure what his situation is. You'd think he'd want to be playing first team football. Not sure how bad is injury last season was either. He's obviously part-time but that hasn't hindered him at St Mirren or Arbroath and I certainly wouldn't envisage it being a problem.

I think he would be a good signing, dependent on his injury of course as you say. To me he is easily as good a keeper as Bullock who has become St.Mirren's first choice.