#42 - 24/04/10 - Saints 1-1 Aberdeen - SPL

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray and Mackay saved us from being raped in the first half. If Muzz can be coached to pass and shoot, we will not hang onto him. His lion hearted approach was the only redeeming feature of the game until Jacko's introduction.

Smith is a liability and don't get me started on Dinky. In future, to provide us with a real challenge, instead of playing those two we should just give our opposition a two goal head start but field a team of 11 professional football players.

Irvine contributed plenty defensively and folk that can't be bothered to get themselves to the game should quit slagging him. TV gives a warped perspective as Sheridan proved in the semi-final. Fil Morais, an individual who I cannot abide, played well today and his treatment at home is cringe-worthy. Yes he failed to create, but he put in a shift and worked back when we were under seige. The derision when he hit his final shot was completely uncalled for.

All told, I am once again proven correct. We should have started the bairns, May/Jacko would have offered far more than Sheridan.

Incidentally, who was the suit that spoke to McInnes after Jacko came on. He came from the tunnel and spoke into Del's left ear before scuttling back down the tunnel.

By my reckoning we could quite easily have been 3 down by half-time whereas for all our huffing and puffing we couldn't get a clear shot in. I though Morris was doing a brilliant impression of the late SPL and OF Barry Ferguson spraying passes sideways and backwards I think he's been listening to all those Sky, ESPN and ITV pundits who keep repeating that he should be playing at a higher level than this. He should definitely be playing better.

Unfit team..=...huffing and puffing..ive said this before..if improuvements are to be made..look towards the traing programme...more running to build stamina endurance...play 90 mins and more nae bother..out tire other team on pace...always thought of this when watching...

started off very well then slipped into the same mode as last week. they scored a shit goal from 1 of the few chances they had throughout the match then proceded to get men behind the ball.

1st half was pretty guff but we still managed to create some oppertunities and played some decent stuff in a small spell, the dons pressure when defending though stopped us from playing for the most part of it.

2nd half starts and we came right at them like in the 1st but this time we sustained it and looked like we would score, fil gets subbed and we just seemed to lose all momentum, especially with samuel on the wing. from then on i didnt think we were going to score and was delighted to liam play a huge part in the goal as he should of been on for samuel much earlier. thought we had won it at the death but davidson blazed a header over. millar has to shoot when he has the chance.

the draw was the least we deserved and whilst we didnt play well we still create enough to win and i think if we had got the winner it would have been deserved on that basis.

great to see jackson back and effectively grab the equaliser at the end.

didnt think subbing fil was the right move and thought cillain should have went off instead. sammy did ok upfront but had nothing on the wing, defended well but liam should have been on alot sooner than he was.

smith has to go. now.

rusty looked off the pace.

dave is superhuman.

Murray and Mackay saved us from being raped in the first half. If Muzz can be coached to pass and shoot, we will not hang onto him. His lion hearted approach was the only redeeming feature of the game until Jacko's introduction.

Smith is a liability and don't get me started on Dinky. In future, to provide us with a real challenge, instead of playing those two we should just give our opposition a two goal head start but field a team of 11 professional football players.

Irvine contributed plenty defensively and folk that can't be bothered to get themselves to the game should quit slagging him. TV gives a warped perspective as Sheridan proved in the semi-final. Fil Morais, an individual who I cannot abide, played well today and his treatment at home is cringe-worthy. Yes he failed to create, but he put in a shift and worked back when we were under seige. The derision when he hit his final shot was completely uncalled for.

All told, I am once again proven correct. We should have started the bairns, May/Jacko would have offered far more than Sheridan.

Incidentally, who was the suit that spoke to McInnes after Jacko came on. He came from the tunnel and spoke into Del's left ear before scuttling back down the tunnel.

I thought it was Atholl.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Just emerged from my death bed. Sounds like I was better off at home than crawling to the game. Sounds like Rusty was pap. Was he unfit?

By my reckoning we could quite easily have been 3 down by half-time whereas for all our huffing and puffing we couldn't get a clear shot in. I though Morris was doing a brilliant impression of the late SPL and OF Barry Ferguson spraying passes sideways and backwards I think he's been listening to all those Sky, ESPN and ITV pundits who keep repeating that he should be playing at a higher level than this. He should definitely be playing better.

We could have been two up after two minutes FFS.:evil: Were you boiling your kettle at the start:evil:

Unfit team..=...huffing and puffing..ive said this before..if improuvements are to be made..look towards the traing programme...more running to build stamina endurance...play 90 mins and more nae bother..out tire other team on pace...always thought of this when watching...

Time and again we have looked the stronger team late in games. Where are you getting this "unfit" crap.

Just emerged from my death bed. Sounds like I was better off at home than crawling to the game. Sounds like Rusty was pap. Was he unfit?

Looked sluggish at the start, then improved as the game went on.

I think Del should be happy enough with his performance.

Went through Hell and high water to get to this game, not really worth the bother, in the end! Ended up losing my season book this morning, and only discovered as much at 20 past 11, ended up having to pay my way in. :sad:

Dave MacKay is a machine, what a defender. A class apart. Filipe had a good game, and Samuel was startlingly good at defending for a centre forward! :laugh:

The lengths McInnes went to to avoid playing Swankie or Craig was laughable. Samuel a better bet on the left wing than Craig or Swankie? Don't make me laugh.

Samuel, Dukes, Sheridan, Millar, Filipe and MacKay got pass marks. The rest, not so much. Dinky and Gary Irvine's distribution is painful to watch, though.

I hope that goal is awarded to Jacko, although the bugger nearly missed it! :laugh:

Went through Hell and high water to get to this game, not really worth the bother, in the end! Ended up losing my season book this morning, and only discovered as much at 20 past 11, ended up having to pay my way in. :sad:

Had you answered your phone at 1145 I would have got you in for free.

Thanks for ignoring me when you followed me down the Crieff Road, some lapdog:roll:

We were better than Aberdeen over 90mins. Some people need to appreciate this and get their happy heads on FFS. I'm also tired of hearing this "we were second to every ball" pish.

We were second to every second ball, at least.

How pish was the atmosphere? And those tools who were walking out in the middle of an attack about 30 seconds prior to us scoring - get a grip ya jakeballs. It's embarassing to the rest of the fans and discouraging to the team.