I was wrong to slate Jackson

101 Saint

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Sorry 101, you cant honestly say that after the game and that goal yesterday (wasn't at the game but saw it later) that Jacko has finally 'arrived' in the SPL and completely silenced his doubters. He was 6 inches from being labelled a dud! I do agree that some of the criticism has been OTT though so we cant judge him either way just yet. Let him get a good pre-season under his belt and we can take it from there

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ridiculous post.

Do you not think guys like Peter MacDonald and Andy Jackson would rather be playing than be injured?QUOTE]

I don't know,i had a conversation with a first division players cousin last night who said that if he went in for a sliding tackle he would fain how bad his injury was to get more time off as he would be paid anyway:shock:.

Edited by Dr Christmas Jones

It's not an over reaction of any sort, fair enough he missed from a couple of yards but he is just back in the team again, give him a decent chance infront goal and he will score often than not. The only other good finisher we have is peaso but if there is a chance to score I'd want jacko on the end of it everytime.

Think you'll find our reactions were to the claim that he's "best finisher at the club by far" post.

I never said he was the "best finisher at the club by far".

What I did say is that he is the best finisher without doubt, read it next time :wink:

Don't like this thread one bit. Deliberate attempt to be divisive. The Jacko thread is interesting - shows 101 saying Deuchar and Sheridan will never ever play as a partnership. Also has hardly anyone having a pop at Jackson - and quite rightly, how anyone could slate a guy who has been injured almost continuously for two years is incredible.

Couldn't agree more with this post. People need to get off certain players backs on this site. Be positive. I for one think that the good Doc & Jacko spark off together & given the right fitness, time etc I think they could cause quite a few problems for the opposing gteams next season. Sign them up Del.

He may have hit the post but he was exactly where a penalty box striker is supposed to be.

The best strikers of his kind score the scrappiest goals.

Well done Jacko.

Exactly, have people forgotten that one Ally McCoist used to score a few scrappy goals. Yes, he might miss a few but tell me ap layer who hasn't. I will take a scrappy goal any day if it means 3 points in the bag!

The one thing that this thread brings to the fore for me is the extremes we seem to thrive on. We either have world beaters or donkeys, are brilliant or absolutely awful. everything seems to be exaggerated. Jackson while doing a good job today didn't prove once and for all that he is top SPL class and by the same token when he wasn't playing well that did not prove he was finished. Cant we take things as they are? it was a good performance while he was on and hopefully something to build on. If he doesn;t do as well next time I will expect there will be a thread to counter this one. Baffles me.

The one thing that this thread brings to the fore for me is the extremes we seem to thrive on. We either have world beaters or donkeys, are brilliant or absolutely awful. everything seems to be exaggerated. Jackson while doing a good job today didn't prove once and for all that he is top SPL class and by the same token when he wasn't playing well that did not prove he was finished. Cant we take things as they are? it was a good performance while he was on and hopefully something to build on. If he doesn;t do as well next time I will expect there will be a thread to counter this one. Baffles me.

Excellent post, John.

Don't like this thread one bit. Deliberate attempt to be divisive.

If you genuinely believe that, perhaps you should ban me. If you honestly think I would be prepared to do anything to hurt my club then you shouldn't allow me to post on here. I'm not saying that this board is strictly for Saints fans, but anyone with an anti-Saints agenda should be banned.

Your accusation is on a par with some of the most idiotic statements ever made on this forum.

The Jacko thread is interesting - shows 101 saying Deuchar and Sheridan will never ever play as a partnership.

If I said that, I now have to lower my opinion of Del. If I said they'd never successfully play together, I am correct.

Also has hardly anyone having a pop at Jackson - and quite rightly, how anyone could slate a guy who has been injured almost continuously for two years is incredible.

The slating which infuriated me was issued on 2 and 3 January when he people who couldn't be bothered to go to pitchside (from hospitality) took it upon themselves to label Jackson as "bl**dy huge".

A few others got on his case at the same time. They were factually incorrect see below:

th_IMG00122-20100102-1424.jpg

Subsequently I read, from folk so ignorant that they didn't go to watch Jacko play for Arbroath, that he hadn't even scored for Arbroath in SFL2...

I see both sides of his "goal" yesterday. Yes it was a horrific miss, but it wasn't a patch on Sheridan's against St Mirren. Frankly, scrappy goals is one his specialities and I'll cheer each one.

His performance yesterday showed that Jacko can go onto bigger and better things than SPL football. His performance yesterday shoved two fingers up to those that said he's only had one good season in SFL1.

I've said before, and I'll say again, nothing gives me more pleasure than a sportsman getting it right up his critics, especially when I am the sportsman!!!! I like it less when I am the critic:oops:

I'm sorry that you've taken this stance, Jamie. Not so much for me, as I know my intentions, but I am sorry that you choose to follow the mainstream "101 Saint is a d***" theory.

The slating which infuriated me was issued on 2 and 3 January when he people who couldn't be bothered to go to pitchside (from hospitality) took it upon themselves to label Jackson as "bl**dy huge".

A few others got on his case at the same time. They were factually incorrect see below:

No one is factually incorrect they stated an opinion, My opinion at that time was that he looked hefty.

i say that i think you are a complete and utter d*** it is not going to factually correct or even incorrect as it is an opinion. As someone stated last week it is time you learnt not everything in life is black and white.

No one is factually incorrect they stated an opinion, My opinion at that time was that he looked hefty.

i say that i think you are a complete and utter d*** it is not going to factually correct or even incorrect as it is an opinion. As someone stated last week it is time you learnt not everything in life is black and white.

The photo, albiet crap in quality, clearly shows that he is not "bl**dy huge". I'm really sorry, I can't explain it any better. Too many people jumping on an old story and trying to make it fit 2010.

The photo, albiet crap in quality, clearly shows that he is not "bl**dy huge". I'm really sorry, I can't explain it any better. Too many people jumping on an old story and trying to make it fit 2010.

What are you on about, the comment i made was from seeing him on a comeback game in Glasgow against Morton. IMHO he looked heavy. the picture you are showing is taken weeks or even months later.

You really need to get a life. Everyone is trying to hurt players and the club if tehy say something against a player that you like but you have publicly called a saints player a waster amongst other ridiculous posts on players.

Instead of 101 is a d*** change it to "101 is not always 100% right!!"

What are you on about, the comment i made was from seeing him on a comeback game in Glasgow against Morton. IMHO he looked heavy. the picture you are showing is taken weeks or even months later.

You really need to get a life. Everyone is trying to hurt players and the club if tehy say something against a player that you like but you have publicly called a saints player a waster amongst other ridiculous posts on players.

Instead of 101 is a d*** change it to "101 is not always 100% right!!"

The quote is not from you. The quote appeared on here on either 2nd or 3rd January. The photo was taken on 2 January, the day he was reportedly "bl**dy huge".

Anything I say, I back up and when I'm wrong, i.e. Neil McCann playing left back, I admit it. In the case of McCann, I admitted it on the Saturday prior to the game against Aberdeen.

If I said that, I now have to lower my opinion of Del. If I said they'd never successfully play together, I am correct.

I'm not going to get into the rest of this, because it isn't worth discussing in the public forum, but this claim is laughable when you look at the results when they have played as a pairing. Here is a list of the results we have achieved with a forward pairing of Deuchar and Sheridan:

St Johnstone 5-1 Hibernian. Sheridan (2), Deuchar (1)

Hibernian 1-1 St Johnstone.

St Johnstone 1-0 Aberdeen. Sheridan (1)

St Johnstone 4-1 Rangers. Sheridan (1)

St Johnstone 0-1 Dundee Utd.

Aberdeen 1-3 St Johnstone. Deuchar (1), Sheridan (2).

St Johnstone 2-2 St Mirren.

With that pairing starting we have played seven, won four, drawn two and lost only one. That's 14 points - around a third of our total - picked up in a fifth of our games with that forward pairing. We scored 16 goals, half scored by those two strikers.

I think its safe to say you are wrong about this one.

Not that I think they would be our best forward pairing - I'd submit that might well be Deuchar and Jackson, although I'd like Samuel to be involved somewhere - but you can't possibly say they couldn't play successfully together.

Guest Bertrand

His performance yesterday showed that Jacko can go onto bigger and better things than SPL football. His performance yesterday shoved two fingers up to those that said he's only had one good season in SFL1.

Hud the bus - how many minutes was he on for at the weekend? In that time I dont remember him doing anything that could swing such a massive knee jerk reaction as to say he has now proven himself at SPL level, especially given he missed from about 3 yards!

I'm a fan of Jackson by the by, but for openly lambasting people when they said "Maybe Sheridan isnt bad" for their supposed knee jerk reaction to him scoring, this now seems a bit double standards does it not given he has played under a quarter of a game and not scored?!

I think you will find that all the saints fans in hospitality that day did go pitch side. How you can say we didnt when you werent there with us is beyond me!

Also, at that time Jacko did look big. Alot bigger than he did on Saturday. His legs were "bloody huge" at Falkirk and it appears that he has lost some weight since then. Fair play to the lad and lets hope he finds the form from a couple of years ago

• 2 months later...