#44 - 05/05/10 - Falkirk 0-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not advocating a 4-5-1 in this game. I just think that a midfield of Falkingham, Millar, Morris and, say, Swankie just leaves us open to bullied off the park. Accies aren't the hammer throwers they once were, but they certainly still have the players to mix it up when required. Millar and Morris would be up to the challenge, and Falkingham looks like the type that would give it a real go too, but someone like Swankie, Sheerin or Morais would be a lost in a game like that. Reid is a clever manager and will tell his team to play to our weaknesses if that's the way to beat us.

that wouldnt be too much of a problem to us as Hamilton miss out the midfield most of the time with the long balls up the park.

our footballing players when we have the ball will play them off the park as long as they keep the ball and pass and move, so lack of hight to me isnt a dissadvantage in that respect, the problem would be lack of hight at set pieces....

that wouldnt be too much of a problem to us as Hamilton miss out the midfield most of the time with the long balls up the park.

our footballing players when we have the ball will play them off the park as long as they keep the ball and pass and move, so lack of hight to me isnt a dissadvantage in that respect, the problem would be lack of hight at set pieces....

I'd argue that we're more of a long ball team than they are to be honest. Agreed though, set pieces (they've made us suffer already at corners this season) are going to be horrible to try and defend. Especially if they put the drilled balls into the near post like they did the first time up at McDiarmid.

For the last 2 or 3 seasons, and the first half of this season I would've agreed with you, but the last game at NDP and Hamilton's subsequent performances have totally changed my mind. They play some really good stuff now, with Neil, McArthur and Wesolowski taking the ball off the defenders and building their attacks. As much as I hate the 2 of them, Paixao and Imrie give them pace and width. They are a far more attacking and football playing team now than they were.

Still a bunch of time wasting, diving, cheating bastards though.

well if Craig Thomson is an advert for full time referees inthis country we are in problems. That was one of if not the worst diaplay this season.

He's no worse than O'reilly, Tumilty, Column and Brines.

Overall a draw is about right Falkirk shaded the first and saints the second. No doubt 101 will say that is because Cillian went off and Sheerin went on. Very impressed with young Fakenham who came on for Murray, what he missed in height he makes up for in heart.

Cilla apparently went off "injured"; split ends perhaps?

Sheerin was abysmal tonight and proved (again) that this season has been a step too far. I really hope he takes the Jody role on Saturday for the last 15 because it's all he can play to bow out in style.

Falkingham is Davidson-esque, feisty, unnaturally shaped and frustrating! He should never have come on when he did and he shouldn't be in the squad ahead of such as Reynolds, Matty and May (injured?). Don't care if Matty has been released, he's a better prospect. Neverthelesss, Falkingham will play at some level.

Good to hear that Jacko is hear for another six months, but surprised not to see him get on tonight. Great to see Savo back. A true gentleman and the embodiment of a great clubman.

Del has to take a long hard look at himself trying to play 3 v 5. It's simply bot good enough and the quicker he goes the better. Why strip Swankie and not play him. The kids must be downbeat when they see Sheridan, Swankie and Falkingham making up the numbers. Mackay again showed that he isn't a patch on Irvine and to say I'm bemused by Del's treatment of Irvine is to put it mildly. Playing Davidson was typical.

We got what we deserved tonight. The penalty would made for a robbery of three points.

He's no worse than O'reilly, Tumilty, Column and Brines.

Cilla apparently went off "injured"; split ends perhaps?

Sheerin was abysmal tonight and proved (again) that this season has been a step too far. I really hope he takes the Jody role on Saturday for the last 15 because it's all he can play to bow out in style.

Falkingham is Davidson-esque, feisty, unnaturally shaped and frustrating! He should never have come on when he did and he shouldn't be in the squad ahead of such as Reynolds, Matty and May (injured?). Don't care if Matty has been released, he's a better prospect. Neverthelesss, Falkingham will play at some level.

Good to hear that Jacko is hear for another six months, but surprised not to see him get on tonight. Great to see Savo back. A true gentleman and the embodiment of a great clubman.

Del has to take a long hard look at himself trying to play 3 v 5. It's simply bot good enough and the quicker he goes the better. Why strip Swankie and not play him. The kids must be downbeat when they see Sheridan, Swankie and Falkingham making up the numbers. Mackay again showed that he isn't a patch on Irvine and to say I'm bemused by Del's treatment of Irvine is to put it mildly. Playing Davidson was typical.

We got what we deserved tonight. The penalty would made for a robbery of three points.

You are a total waste of space! Over 6000 posts of SHITE!

You are so predictable. That it is sad. Is Savo a true gentleman because he doesn't tell you where to go? :)

Are you not praising Del for leaving Liam out.

You are so predictable. That it is sad. Is Savo a true gentleman because he doesn't tell you where to go? :)

Are you not praising Del for leaving Liam out.

Savo is a true gentleman because of the way he carries himself at this club.

If Del is telling the truth about Liam's exclusion, he is sending out a mixed message. He can't now say he's fielding his strongest team and ergo he should now play for next year. He's either a liar or deeply confused. I'll say he's confused.

Find it a bit biare about why his size and stature really matters, surely if he can pass a ball put a tackle in, it doesnt matter a jott? Do we want to end up like Hamilton and have a midfield of hammer throwers?

The name you are looking for to back up your argument is Darren Sheridan :)

I may be ignorant or just totally missing your point but are May and Reynolds not forwards? Surely a like for like replacement for Davidson was what was required at the time?

I may be ignorant or just totally missing your point but are May and Reynolds not forwards? Surely a like for like replacement for Davidson was what was required at the time?

I'm just frustrated that he's in the squad ahead of boys who have excelled all year. Kelly and Hemsley have no club for next year, they deserved a run out ahead of Joshua. They are also better players.

If it was a numbers game, the Stevie's oughta be picked before the wee man. Not dissing him, but he ain't yet proved to me that he deserves his place.

The subbie was chronic, it should have been Swankie on the right, Midgie and Morris in the middle and Cilla on the left. Sammy and Dukes up-front

Mackay again showed that he isn't a patch on Irvine and to say I'm bemused by Del's treatment of Irvine is to put it mildly.

WTF!

Your on crack son.

You don't need to be Arsene Wenger to realise that you talk pish, just a set of eyes!

If it was a numbers game, the Stevie's oughta be picked before the wee man. Not dissing him, but he ain't yet proved to me that he deserves his place.

Are you talking about Falkingham not proving to you that he deserves his place?

That's the point -he's not gotta prove it to you. McInnes sees him day in, day out. Around the ground, during training, when he's with the young boys and he is singing his praises in his post match interview today on the official site. If he had come through our ranks and had produced a few performances like he had done last night you would have been championing him being in the squad. I hope that Falkingham gets a chance to put in a performance again on Saturday or is with us next season as he showed great promise last night - but you can't judge him on one performance.

Why do the "Stevies" have a devine right to be in each and every squad according to you? What have they done to prove to anyone else they deserve a place? Same as Falkingham as not everyone goes to watch the 19s and therefore no limited information about them. Wish you would get over moaning about May and Reynolds after every squad, they are only 17 and have another season or so to push even further into the team - remember how late it was that Mooner established himself within the first team squad.

On the game last night - professional performance from Saints. Not much to write home about but thought Mackay produced his usual standard of performance, Grainger and Miller played well also. Was impressed with Falkingham and hope he gets a start on Saturday - may be difficult against a very physical and big Hamilton side though.

Referee was appauling.

Wouldn't want to be a Falkirk fan on Saturday anyway!

Are you talking about Falkingham not proving to you that he deserves his place?

Yes. My opinion, my judgement.

That's the point -he's not gotta prove it to you. McInnes sees him day in, day out. Around the ground, during training, when he's with the young boys and he is singing his praises in his post match interview today on the official site. If he had come through our ranks and had produced a few performances like he had done last night you would have been championing him being in the squad. I hope that Falkingham gets a chance to put in a performance again on Saturday or is with us next season as he showed great promise last night - but you can't judge him on one performance.

I choose to judge him on one performance and I think he's a good player.

I don't care what Del sees, his judgement sucks time and again.

Why do the "Stevies" have a devine right to be in each and every squad according to you? What have they done to prove to anyone else they deserve a place?

I have never said that, you are just being silly.

I have argued their case since we became assured of top nine because they (and latterly, Daz) have really excelled in the under 19s. They deserve a chance and I don't want their heads dropping when the see McInnes bring in such as Joshua and Connolly and Sheridan. Fair play if we sign real players such as Duberry, but those three... I'm not sure if you compete in any sports but I'm sure you know enough players to know how competitive they are. I tell the story to death, but Jacko was totally fed-up when Coyle signed Lilley. I'm sure that the Stevie's think the same when they see Sheridan mince around the park.

Same as Falkingham as not everyone goes to watch the 19s and therefore no limited information about them. Wish you would get over moaning about May and Reynolds after every squad, they are only 17 and have another season or so to push even further into the team - remember how late it was that Mooner established himself within the first team squad.

You don't seem to grasp the facts of the matter.

Mooner got very lucky. Had Del not quit playing, Mooner was gonna be released. Coyle did not rate him at all. Mooner also had the advantage that we ahd a reserve league and we're playing a much lower standard of football.

As you well know, from seeing Kelly, Matty and Davie H released, if players at under 19 age don't make the first team squads it's curtains.

Mayzo has one year of eligibility left at under 19s. Del has left it too late. Mayzo will not now be a contender for a starting jersey at the opening of next season and that's simply down to bad management. You can't fail to be impressed when you see him play. Were you at Airdrie last year?