Treatment by stewards etc

themole

i am writing regarding the treatment we recieve by stewards etc at mcdairmid park. as usual today we the saints fans got told to sit down and watch the game but it was alright for the aberdeen fans to stand for long periods of the game. I understand we have seats to sit on and I did for most of the game but why is it we have the usual double standards from g4s security. I am getting alittle annoyed now I am fed up paying my money and getting treated like crap. no wonder people dont come and watch saints. whats everyones thoughts on this.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am writing regarding the treatment we recieve by stewards etc at mcdairmid park. as usual today we the saints fans got told to sit down and watch the game but it was alright for the aberdeen fans to stand for long periods of the game. I understand we have seats to sit on and I did for most of the game but why is it we have the usual double standards from g4s security. I am getting alittle annoyed now I am fed up paying my money and getting treated like crap. no wonder people dont come and watch saints. whats everyones thoughts on this.

Wasting your time even mentioning this.

We are now, like it or not, governed by petty rules enforced by unreasonable people.

It won't change.

Last Celtic visit their fans stood for 90 minutes.

We got told to sit.

So, either we are obedient puppies and sit or we ALL stand.

Beat me to it, but I was going to say the opposite in as much as it's the first time I've seen the seen the Stewards and Cops in the North Stand nearest the East chucking the away supporters out for standing.

Looked like they were trying to be reasonable but they put at least 5 out and were policing it for once and kept making them sit then taking another out each time.

To be fair it must be a nightmare of a job and I cannot understand why anyone would do it?

Yes, it would be good to have an area where you could stand. I used to stand on the terraces at Muirton until we moved over to seats in the main stand. However nowadays because of arthritis in knees & feet I am unable to stand so appreciate being able to sit down. Don't mind people getting up occassionally but object if someone blocks my view for most of a match by standing:cry:. And to those who say I should sit near the front ,I don't want too I like being further up the stand.

As for the opposition standing, I think that it is a clear case of Tayside's finest & some stewards just wanting to make it as easy a day as possible i.e. the bigot brothers fans will never be made to sit down.

As you come in the turnstiles there are notices up on the wall stating that standing is not permitted, or words to that effect. Why can't people just sit down, is it that big a deal or is it just a return to being 16 and rebelling against authority. Alot of people need to grow up and just accept that they can't do what they want all of the time. If some are allowed to stand and others not then that is a decision made by either the stewards or the polis more than likely for a good reason, ie. safety of themselves and others around, get over it. As many have said, it's clearly not an easy job and the guy in the North stand took dogs abuse for doing what he's paid to do. I'm sure that none of you moaners would appreciate a few hundred arseholes chanting that your a peado while your trying to get on with your job. Put their shoes on and maybe you'd look at things differently.

It's not even criminals alot of the time. Its folk who are probably semi decent outside the ground but think there admission includes the right to abuse anyone with a high viz vest on. They are there for safety, not to piss people off. If something did go wrong, ie someone standing falls over the seats or down the stairs, the fingers would be pointing. Is it asking to much to ask people to act their age?

I think some are missing the point here..Most peoples biggest gripe is that there is no consistency with regards to policing this particular rule. What usually happens is that in the home areas the rules are strickly adhered to whilst in the away stands more often than not (although not always), a blind eye is turned..The Stewards and police should NOT be able to pick and choose who they instruct to sit down. They should enforce the rules accross the stadium. For some reason, be it fear for their saftey/lack of bottle or even lack of numbers they fail regularly to do this. Until they do, Saints fans will continue to get pissed off by what they regard as unfair policing. And if they do ignore the away fans standing, surely this proves that the no standing rule on the grounds of H&S is a red herring because if it was a serious H&S issue they would not be allowed to ignore it whatever the circumstances and possible outcome of enforcing it..

I think some are missing the point here..Most peoples biggest gripe is that there is no consistency with regards to policing this particular rule. What usually happens is that in the home areas the rules are strickly adhered to whilst in the away stands more often than not (although not always), a blind eye is turned..The Stewards and police should NOT be able to pick and choose who they instruct to sit down. They should enforce the rules accross the stadium. For some reason, be it fear for their saftey/lack of bottle or even lack of numbers they fail regularly to do this. Until they do, Saints fans will continue to get pissed off by what they regard as unfair policing. And if they do ignore the away fans standing, surely this proves that the no standing rule on the grounds of H&S is a red herring because if it was a serious H&S issue they would not be allowed to ignore it whatever the circumstances and possible outcome of enforcing it..

It is down to the Stewards/Polices discretion as to how the rules are imposed. Thats how it works at the football and in all walks of life. Fair or unfair its the way it is and you should accept it as its an arguement that will never be won. If they chose to throw people out for standing then that is their decision. If they choose to allow the away fans to stand, that is their decision.

It is down to the Stewards/Polices discretion as to how the rules are imposed. Thats how it works at the football and in all walks of life. Fair or unfair its the way it is and you should accept it as its an arguement that will never be won. If they chose to throw people out for standing then that is their decision. If they choose to allow the away fans to stand, that is their decision.

But if someone who maybe gets thrown out and sees the same thing happening go unpunished in the away end may force that person away fom the game for good.

It should be the same rules as they should all be told from the police/club/boss the same thing. If there is different things being told to different stewards then IFSomething serious happens can they then be trusted to sing fom the same sheet to maybe have to save a life.